The Student Room Group

YAY! UCAS now EMAIL YOU to CONFIRM your OFFER!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mizzmegg

these emails will be sent at regular times throughout the day from tuesday 7 august (for scotland only) to friday 31 august.!

what?!?! So i may have to wait 2 weeks to find out if i've got in or not??? D:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 81
Original post by snailsareslimy
Sorry if this has been asked already, but will they just email us as soon as Track updates, after 8am or any time after 12? I'm a little confused by the whole thing :tongue:
Again, sorry if this has been asked/no one knows the answer!

If your university has already made a decision about your application by 8am, you will get the email then. The emails then go out in intervals, so anytime after that 8 you will get it when the next emails are sent. So if the uni make an offer you will receive the email when UCAS is sending out the next set of emails. Someone told me that they are sending emails on every hour, so 8, then 9, then 10 and so on.
If your university has already made a decision about your application by 8am, you will get the email then. The emails then go out in intervals, so anytime after that 8 you will get it when the next emails are sent. So if the uni make an offer you will receive the email when UCAS is sending out the next set of emails. Someone told me that they are sending emails on every hour, so 8, then 9, then 10 and so on.

Thank you! :smile:
Reply 83
Original post by goussberry09

No, dont worry :smile: It's just that late in case universities dont make a decision straight away, or if people have to wait for GCSE's etc. If the university has made the decision about your application by/on the 16th, that's when you will find out :smile:
UCAS have notified us what the email will be called

I don't think I saw this.. What will it be called?
No, dont worry :smile: It's just that late in case universities dont make a decision straight away, or if people have to wait for GCSE's etc. If the university has made the decision about your application by/on the 16th, that's when you will find out :smile:

Ahhh ok, thank you haha. Panicked for a moment there :P
Hmmm, I didn't get this email? D: I hope they having left me off the mailing list, I don't want to miss being sent important information on results day.
Original post by dizzeedollee
Hmmm, I didn't get this email? D: I hope they having left me off the mailing list, I don't want to miss being sent important information on results day.

check your spam folder.
if the emails arent there at 8 im checking track
Reply 89
I haven't got this email :l and I've checked junk and every single folder i have.
Reply 90

I think the 31 August is for people who aren't just waiting on a-levels and those who end up in clearing i guess :smile:
Reply 91
Hi. As a Scottish student who just got results this week, I just want to warn you that most people's emails were not there at 8 (I think I know of 1), most were about lunchtime :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i
Reply 92
Original post by lorri94
Hi. As a Scottish student who just got results this week, I just want to warn you that most people's emails were not there at 8 (I think I know of 1), most were about lunchtime :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my LT15i

howd u do?
Reply 93
I don't think I saw this.. What will it be called?

Go back to the start of the thread :smile: I think it's something like 'update on the staus of your application'...well something like that but shorter.
Original post by idealized
I haven't got this email :l and I've checked junk and every single folder i have.

Original post by .snowflake.
check your spam folder.

^

Like idealized I've checked every folder of mine and I don't have this email. I did however call UCAS today and they said that apparently they send these out in waves? I just wish they'd hurry up, results day is really soon!
Original post by Stryder402
if the emails arent there at 8 im checking track

The emails will only START to be sent AFTER 8am.
Reply 96
I got my email yesterday (i'm transferring, so I knew it was coming after I sent my transcript to my new university) Just so you all know the format for an acceptance of my firm was "Congratulations, your position at *insert uni name* has been confirmed..." Then some babble about what to do next ect!

Good luck!
Reply 97
Heard that grade boundaries will be out earlier. anyone know where and when we can check them for CIE and Edexcel?
This is so useful. We can't go for our results until 10.am so I'll be able to know a couple hours earlier if I got a place. :smile: Hoping to go to Cumbria Uni to do Primary Education.
Reply 99
Original post by AJCSShp
So will the email actually say, congratulation you got into your firm, or you are now in clearing?
Or will it just say there has been a change in your application???

It says

'dear miss/mr .....

Congratulations! This email confirms your place at blahblah university to study blahblah course subject to you meeting your outstanding academic requirements. The course begins in blahblah2012.'

I got my confirmation Email from them yesterday :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest