The Student Room Group

Performing Arts/Drama/Acting/etc Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Hey team! Hope it's all going well. Has anyone else auditioned for LSMT? And does anyone know if we can get student finance for the course?

Would really appreciate some funding advice!! Thankyou xxx
Original post by sophlikescookies
hey guys :smile:hope everyone's auditions are going well, im so glad I found this thread! Anyone auditioning for Guildhall tomorrow ? has anyone got any advice for there, i've heard its quite tough and they are a bit hard on you :/ also I have drama centre on the 23th Jan, Rose B on the 30th and GSA on the 3rd Feb? has anyone got them too? xx

My boyfriend is auditioning for Guildhall tomorrow at 9.30am. Mine isn't until the 1st February!
Reply 162
Hey guys! Literally stalked this thread all night and just signed up so I could post. I'm just finishing an undergrad degree this year and, spur of the moment, have decided to apply for RCS for MA Musical Theatre. Anybody else applying, or know what the audition process is like? Musical Theatre's kinda always been the dream, I was in an amateur group until my first year of uni and have done a few graded solo acting exams with LAMDA, so I'm not the most experienced, but I'm going to audition anyway and give it my all! :smile:
Original post by musica
Hey guys! Literally stalked this thread all night and just signed up so I could post. I'm just finishing an undergrad degree this year and, spur of the moment, have decided to apply for RCS for MA Musical Theatre. Anybody else applying, or know what the audition process is like? Musical Theatre's kinda always been the dream, I was in an amateur group until my first year of uni and have done a few graded solo acting exams with LAMDA, so I'm not the most experienced, but I'm going to audition anyway and give it my all! :smile:

Woooo! Best of luck :biggrin:
Original post by emiliebazza
Hey team! Hope it's all going well. Has anyone else auditioned for LSMT? And does anyone know if we can get student finance for the course?

Would really appreciate some funding advice!! Thankyou xxx

I've got my first round of LSMT on Sunday. Have you had your recall yet?? xx
Reply 165
Hey! Does anybody have an audition at Drama Centre on February 15th? I'm so nervous!
Reply 166
I've got a problem. I sent my application (to GSA and CSSD) yesterday. It's after deadline, but is there any chance that I will be invited to audition?
(edited 11 years ago)
I have a feeling that if there are still places available on audition days then they'll offer you an audition. But I'm not really sure.
Original post by lizardsmithy:)
I've got my first round of LSMT on Sunday. Have you had your recall yet?? xx

Hey, yeh! The recall is fun! The dance section is really good! I really like the school!! Best of luck when you go there! :smile: let me know how it goes xxxx
Reply 169
Anybody auditioning at the RCS BA Acting soon? Would love to hear from some of you and what is your feeling before the audition! ;p
I got in to the london school of musical theatre!! :d
I'm thinking of applying to:

Rada
LAMDA
Guildhall
The Oxford School of Drama
Bristol Old Vic
Academy of Live and Recorded Arts
Guilford
Reply 172
Original post by Isack
Anybody auditioning at the RCS BA Acting soon? Would love to hear from some of you and what is your feeling before the audition! ;p

Hey, I haven't got an audition date yet but I have applied :smile: a friend of mine is going on the 6th of feb and I have some other friends that have already had theirs !

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 173
HI
is anyone applying to chichester uni on the 3yr musical theatre BA course,or know anyone on this course who can recommend it at all?

Also,how long does it take ucas to notify you with the uni's descion after your audtion if the uni give their answers immediately?
thanks
Reply 174
Okay, I've got my final FINAL list of schools that I'm auditioning for:

London Contemporary (which I've already had and sadly didn't get in)
London Studio Centre (which I've had and I'm waiting to hear if I have a recall)
Laine Theatre Arts
Bird College
Performers College
Northern Ballet School (which, despite its name, does a musical theatre course)

Anybody else going for any of the above, or have had auditions so I know what to expect?
Hey, yeh! The recall is fun! The dance section is really good! I really like the school!! Best of luck when you go there! :smile: let me know how it goes xxxx

Awesome! The dancing's not too hard core is it? Congrats btw! xx
Currently applying for BA in Acting for:
Rada (29th January 10.30am)
Guildhall (1st February 9.30am)
Mountview (16th February 9.30am)
Central
Rose Bruford
Lamda
Guildford

Anyone have those dates? x
Original post by lizardsmithy:)
Awesome! The dancing's not too hard core is it? Congrats btw! xx

No, the dance call is really easy! It's just a routine. No corner work or anything. Just perform your butt off. :smile: THANKS, :biggrin:

When's your audition? Xxx
No, the dance call is really easy! It's just a routine. No corner work or anything. Just perform your butt off. :smile: THANKS, :biggrin:

When's your audition? Xxx

Had first round yesterday :smile: its not gonna be one of those routines that make you look really uncoordinated is it?! :s-smilie: xx
Reply 179
Just thought I would let you know how I did. I have been applying to study Stage Management and/or Technical theatre at drama schools.

I originally applied to the following:
LAMDA
Guildhall
Rose Bruford
Central
Mountview

My first interview was a Central and it went terrible, I was late and really wasn't confident. Unsurprisingly they declined me.
The second was at Mountview which went really well, much more relaxed. I was offered an unconditional place.
The third and final was at LAMDA, in my honest opinion I didn't think I deserved it as I was unable to answer some very simple questions about theatre just because of the pressure and my nerves but to my surprise I was offered a place.

I really wanted to go to LAMDA so cancelled all my other interviews and now I am in the processes of completing all the forms ready to start in September 2013 :smile: I might see some of you there!

I know this isn't Actor/Actress related but it is Drama School related so thought I would share :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest