The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

University of Sheffield Accommodation 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ksivewright
I have Sheffield as my insurance so won't be able to apply for accommodation until after results day. Will there be any en suite rooms at endcliffe left by the time I apply?

I doubt it- you will probably get offered Stephenson halls or city accommodation, however don't fret. Step Henson hall is catered and whilst you have to share 2 bathrooms, it isn't usually a problem and for the price of the en suite room you get catered meals to which gives your card 49 quid a week. Whiles iris the enough to have breakfast lunch and dinner each day you can deffo pig out now and again especially if you build up some credit haha. It's the liveliest halls and you will have a good time if you end up there. Proper community spirit and just a short walk away from the main endcliffe accommodation and the edge bar and village store. When you need to walk to uni you get a bit of a head start too
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
What apartment / flat are you in? I'm returning to accommodation this year :smile:
Original post by _Morsey_
Hi there,

I'm not a postgrad but i may be able to help or answer any questions with regards to Ranmoor, as i am currently a 2nd year student staying within the 'returners' accommodation which they have, within a flat of fellow returners which are a mix of 2nd / 3rd year students. In fact i've already received my reservation for next year, where i'll moving from the delights of my current room, to the room next to me.

I think it's fair to say that the Ranmoor lifestyle is certainly quieter than Endcliffe, which is definitely something that i appreciate having had a near-horrendous first year within Stephenson Hall (catered Endcliffe). The Ridge is nearby with the launderette, and the residential mentors always have something planned up their sleeves if you're somebody who would get involved with those type of things.

I suppose the biggest disadvantage for Ranmoor is the distance it is from campus depending on which department you're studying at, therefore it's not uncommon for people to use the buses.

It all depends on what you're looking for though as a postgrad, but i'd certainly say that Ranmoor is pretty postgrad friendly, and even more so if your offer is within one of the returner flats where you'll likely be among similarly minded people who are in their later years.
Reply 102
Hey has anyone had their accommodation offer yet?
Original post by Alex07
Hey has anyone had their accommodation offer yet?

Yes! Ravenstones D3, Ranmoor :smile:
Reply 104
Original post by Sheffieldgirl02
Yes! Ravenstones D3, Ranmoor :smile:

I am in Endcliffe, I just wondered if we could find out who is in our flat haha but a bit of a long shot :tongue:
Original post by Alex07
I am in Endcliffe, I just wondered if we could find out who is in our flat haha but a bit of a long shot :tongue:

We will soon! I'm actually going to be in my third year, I applied for returners accommodation!
Reply 106
We will soon! I'm actually going to be in my third year, I applied for returners accommodation!

I am going into first year but I have spent a year working at a company first so I'm not sure how I am going to find going into Uni life now
Original post by Alex07
I am going into first year but I have spent a year working at a company first so I'm not sure how I am going to find going into Uni life now

I'm sure after a week or so you'll be back in the swing of things! The first month is very laid back!
What apartment / flat are you in? I'm returning to accommodation this year :smile:

I'll be in Ravenstones D block also (not D3 though).

I am curious however to see whether they will have single-sex flats this year. Last year i was in a male-only flat and i'm pretty convinced that that was an equivalent female-only flat in the block too.
[QUOTE=_Morsey_;66383202]I'll be in Ravenstones D block also (not D3 though).

I am curious however to see whether they will have single-sex flats this year. Last year i was in a male-only flat and i'm pretty convinced that that was an equivalent female-only flat in the block too.

Nice! See you in September, yeah I want to ask! I want a miced flat
Has anyone got Birchen? I got D3
[QUOTE=Vindangles;66383336]Has anyone got Birchen? I got D3

I did have that flat until I changed to ranmoor!
[Oh really. how come you changed?
[QUOTE=Vindangles;66383482][Oh really. how come you changed?

Wanted to be more included, Birchen is very secluded from the rest of Endcliffe
Reply 114
Hey is anyone who has got their accommodation offer in Derwent?
Original post by Alex07
Hey is anyone who has got their accommodation offer in Derwent?

I was in Derwent in my first year! What flat?
Reply 116
I was in Derwent in my first year! What flat?

A4 I think (if that's a thing, I can't remember).
Original post by Alex07

Ahhh! I was in A3, which is the flat below yours!
Original post by Alex07

I'm in Derwent A4! Drop me a PM, there is already 4 of us, we're in a group chat on Facebook - just need to find 5 more now :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am a hong kong student that will be exchange in the upcoming autumn semester. I have applied the encliff accommodation and the deadline of it will be the end of this month. I wonder when the accomodation offer will be given? As I am concerned about when can I check in the university accomodation and the accomodation letter for entering the uk border. Thank you.

Quick Reply

Latest