The Student Room Group

Official IB Exams Thread 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by medleg
oh you do A? I do B so completely different 😂 I'm sure you did really well!:smile: is German A pretty much the same as English lit then?:smile:

yep except we do langlit so the analysis is a comparative analysis between two texts, the rest is pretty similar! i heard the B texts were easy but the questions hard??
Reply 461
Original post by sarahjennyp
yep except we do langlit so the analysis is a comparative analysis between two texts, the rest is pretty similar! i heard the B texts were easy but the questions hard??

ahh that sounds good! yeah I wish I did English Lang lit but they didn't offer it where I go :frown: and yeah pretty much, the texts were easier than past paper ones and some of the questions were alright but then for some of them I had no idea 😂
Original post by FecktheIB
I hope so!

how was it???? I found it meh..... lol what decision tree option did u choose?
Reply 463
Yyyess no more ib examss!!! Yyaaasssssss 👏👏
Original post by LALAGURL
how was it???? I found it meh..... lol what decision tree option did u choose?

Pretty decent and 2b
Both papers were good except that weird section B on paper 2 I spent like 15 minutes trying to devifer meaning from it
result in one day, can already feel the vibes
Original post by YBHARDWAJ
result in one day, can already feel the vibes

WHAT I swear our results come out on the 6???
Reply 468
They are out for us to log in to (on the website) on the 6th but they are released on the 5th to schools so some people might get them then I think
I get mine tomorrow at 2 pm GMT and I'm so nervous. It's not even that much about making my offers it's just that I want my results to reflect all the work I've done these 2 years so that I don't feel like I studied that much in vain and wasted time.
Good luck for results, people. :smile:
Best of luck guys! Does anyone know what time schools receive the results tomorrow?
13:45 GMT, so 14:45 BST (British Summer Time)
Good luck to everyone with their results, don't get too stressed, they don't mean everything.
Reply 474
Anyone got the results?
Reply 475
GUYS! Im so confused!!
If we dont meet our conditions (for example I need a 35 but might get a 32 or something) do we email our universities then and there? How does UCAS get our results? And when do they get our results? Im so scared right now. Really hope my uni takes me despite dropping a few points
Original post by u97
GUYS! Im so confused!!
If we dont meet our conditions (for example I need a 35 but might get a 32 or something) do we email our universities then and there? How does UCAS get our results? And when do they get our results? Im so scared right now. Really hope my uni takes me despite dropping a few points

usually you should contact your school and then they would write to your university in recommendation of you and explain circumstances, e.g. being just 2% off the next grade in a particular subject but exceeding the overall condition so for example your condition would be 35 665 but you get 37 755 :smile: it really depends on the university and course though and they'd be likely to wait until a level results are out until they'd get back to you about it.
Reply 477
For my ESS, TOK and EE i'm 1 mark away from the next mark band - should i consider sending it for a recheck? Do you think I'd get the mark (cause in A and O levels if people are one mark away from a B they get it straight after recheck)I missed my conditions and I am desperate for those 2-3 marks
Original post by u97
For my ESS, TOK and EE i'm 1 mark away from the next mark band - should i consider sending it for a recheck? Do you think I'd get the mark (cause in A and O levels if people are one mark away from a B they get it straight after recheck)I missed my conditions and I am desperate for those 2-3 marks

You should probably talk to your tutor or IB Coordinator straight away about this, but I don't see why you shouldn't send them off for a remark. As the IB results come out so early, you've got plenty of time to send off for a remark before A-Level results come out (this means you would still have time to think about clearing, if you wanted, if your marks don't go up).

There is a thread about remarks here, but it is 3 years old so some of the information may be out of date.
Original post by u97
GUYS! Im so confused!!

UCAS got IB results yesterday and sent them to universities overnight.

Ideally you should PHONE your universities if you've missed your offer (and Track hasn't updated) to check if they've received your results in full and when they expect to make a decision on if you're accepted or not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending