The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Post a Question about RHUL and We will answer...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BringMeTheRadke
Is it more cost effective to live in catered or self-catered accommodation? I'm leaning towards the latter, especially as I don't really like the idea of just getting a discount on food prices because I can't find food prices anywhere anyway!

Also, if I pick a twin room how could I get in contact with the person prior to coming to RHUL?

Thanks!

I'm in catered halls at RHUL, and I know for a fact that I have to spend more on food than I would if I was self-catered. I have to spend about £50-60 a week, whereas if I was self-catered I would only be spending about £30. On the other hand, it is nice not to have to think about cooking.
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
What is RHUL's policy on Territorial Army members? Just wondering if anyone knows if there are any OTCs around and what the policy is regarding potential time clashes with modules 3-5 if not possible to fulfil in holidays?
Reply 4142
Hi! Does RHUL offer Clearing for the Psychology Undergraduate Programme? If so how do I know that I would be accepted if my grades are a little lower than the entry requirements? Would it be likely that I would get a place in the course? Thanks!
I'm coming to the psychology open date. I'm confused because the tariff says AAA but I know some people who got in with much lower grades last year. What grades do I need for BSc Psychology and Clinical Psychology?
Original post by SoraisQueen
I'm coming to the psychology open date. I'm confused because the tariff says AAA but I know some people who got in with much lower grades last year. What grades do I need for BSc Psychology and Clinical Psychology?

Hi SoraisQueen,

It's great to hear you're coming along to our Open Day tomorrow - hopefully it'll be a nice day and you'll get a feel for what Royal Holloway is like.

In regards to your question, it's really important to remember that we assess applications on an individual basis, taking many factors into consideration. Following A Level Results Day, where we may have spaces left on individual courses, we reassess the applications of those who narrowly missed the conditions of their offer and may lower the entry requirements for the course in Clearing.

For the BSc Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Mental Health, the entry requirements are currently stated as AAA-AAB, with the offer taking into consideration various factors of your application. Every application is considered on a case by case basis, which is why it's so important to really get your personal statement just right.

I hope you have a great day at the Open Day tomorrow, and have a chance to ask all of your questions. If you do need anything else, just let us know!

Summer :smile:
How often do you travel to London ?
Original post by OSaunders98
How often do you travel to London ?

Hey OSaunders98,

During my first and second year of studying at Royal Holloway I went into London fairly regularly (I'd say at least once a month) for various trips with friends, to attend events and exhibitions in the city, and also for events thrown by various societies. With a railcard, a day travel card is actually pretty great value, and allows you to travel around without having to top up an oyster.

However, during my third year (following some great work experience I secured through the career's work placement scheme) I ended up getting a part time job in a production company, and was commuting back and forth a couple of times a week between Egham and Central London.

Hope that helps!

Yes, lots! Thanks 😊
Hi,

How long on average does it take for you to make an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also, if I apply to a course that asks for AAB and am predicted ABB, will it lead to an automatic rejection??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Littlemix012,

Original post by littlemix012
Hi,

How long on average does it take for you to make an offer?

At this time of the year we aim to respond (either with a decision or a request for further information) within about a week. Obviously, around busier times (the UCAS deadline in particular) we get much busier, and aim to respond within 4-6 weeks.

Also, if I apply to a course that asks for AAB and am predicted ABB, will it lead to an automatic rejection??

You should be considered with your ABB predicted grades as long as you have any of the subjects that are required, as well as any further qualifications (some of our courses require certain GCSE's for example). Which course in particular are you looking to apply to?

Summer! :smile:
Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London

You should be considered with your ABB predicted grades as long as you have any of the subjects that are required, as well as any further qualifications (some of our courses require certain GCSE's for example). Which course in particular are you looking to apply to?

Summer! :smile:

It's law and criminology that I'm wanting to apply to

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's law and criminology that I'm wanting to apply to

Hi Littlemix012,

That's great to hear! It's definitely worth applying with your grades, as your application will be considered by our admissions team.

I hope that helps, and good luck with applying!!

Hi @Royal Holloway, University of London,

I sent off my application for Computer Science at RHUL on the 15th, I have received confirmations of applications being received from all Uni's but Holloway. Do you sent confirmation emails? Thanks.
Original post by Koenig
I'm bored of seeing loads of threads repeating questions etc

So if you have any worry or question etc about rhul, accommodation, subjects, nightlife etc then
post here and whoever answers can quote you so you know its been replied to

Happy to answer anything...

Hello. :smile:
I'm a new Pg student at Rhul. I missed to accept my accommodation offer what should I do to secure a hall (accommodation) there? Please I'd really appreciate if you provide a solution asap. :smile:
Hi I have received an unconditional offer for rhul to study PPE (philosophy politics and economics) and just have a few questions before I confirm.
1) what campus is this based at (London or Egham?)
1) how many days per week are you timetabled in to attend university

Thank you!
Original post by BenCarbs1
Hi I have received an unconditional offer for rhul to study PPE (philosophy politics and economics) and just have a few questions before I confirm.
1) what campus is this based at (London or Egham?)
1) how many days per week are you timetabled in to attend university

Thank you!

Hi BenCarbs1,

Congratulations on receiving an offer!

Our Politics, Philosophy and Economics course is based at our Egham campus and the Politics and International Relations department is located in our Founder's Building.

The course has a modular structure, so you'll be taking about four modules per year. The contact hours for each depends on the modules that you are taking, but you can see an outline of the course structure on our website here.

Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Susana :smile:
Hello, I'm applying for the MSc International Management (Marketing) program. Can I know if the personal statement has a maximum word count? Thanks!
Original post by juloca
Hello, I'm applying for the MSc International Management (Marketing) program. Can I know if the personal statement has a maximum word count? Thanks!

Hi juloca,

For our postgraduate applications, there isn't a set word count for your personal statement, but we recommend that you have a strong structure to your statement and make sure you include key points such as why you want to study this programme and what academic skills you have.

We have a great guide to writing your postgraduate personal statement on our website here, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Original post by Royal Holloway, University of London
Hi juloca,

For our postgraduate applications, there isn't a set word count for your personal statement, but we recommend that you have a strong structure to your statement and make sure you include key points such as why you want to study this programme and what academic skills you have.

We have a great guide to writing your postgraduate personal statement on our website here, but let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for the quick response, Susana! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending