The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

Official 'I'm firming Leicester 2011' thread!

Scroll to see replies

This thread was a great idea :biggrin:

Probably going to firm Leicester, loved the department there and everyone seemed really down to earth and friendly. So excited :tongue:

Geology 2011! Going to have (another) look at the accomodation to see if I can actually make my mind up :tongue:

x
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website
I’m studying Psychology too :smile: Going to the open day in a few weeks.

Received my offer last month. Still haven’t firmed it yet though not quite sure if it’s the right uni for me :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by rrreb
I'm definitely firming Leicester! I absolutely loved it and was so happy when I got my offer :smile:
I've applied for Psychology with Sociology :smile:

Ahhh I've got my offer for this course too but I'm stuck on whether to firm it or not! I'm stuck between Leicester and Reading! Have you been to the uni? I've not been to an open day yet so I don't want to firm it when I've not been?! Do you have any idea what the area is actually like?!
:smile::smile::smile:
Reply 23
I think im firming leicester 2011 for geography! :biggrin:
Reply 24
How long did it take for your offers to come through?
Reply 25
Leicester was my last one and took about 3 weeks maybe a bit more?
Has anyone been invited to a visit day yet???
Reply 26
Ah okay.

I went to the UCAS applicant day last year :smile: Was really good, and got a free lunch!
Reply 27
Ah free food, I'm there!! :smile: I'm hoping they invite me to a visit day asap because I want to make sure I've decided as soon as i can apply for accommodation! Decisions decisions!
Reply 28
The accomdation is a bit iffy, Friend whom got in applied well in advance, ( march when it opened last year) And has still ended up in the most expensive and catered accomdation!
Reply 29
Yeah that does worry me because I know it's not first come first served....I really want to see it before I go because, looking online, John Foster hall looks the better place but it seems as though everyone wants to go there! But I need an ensuite so I'm not sure where I'll be applying yet.
Reply 30
Yeah i would like John Foster if i get an offer. What are you studying there?
Reply 31
Psychology with sociology. I don't know why I'm getting so excited though because I am pretty sure I wont be getting ABB!! :smile: You?
Reply 32
Original post by xxamixx31
Psychology with sociology. I don't know why I'm getting so excited though because I am pretty sure I wont be getting ABB!! :smile: You?

Have some more faith in yourself! (Fellow Devonian!)

Haha x
Reply 33
Haha exactly why I added you! Coming from Devon, Leicester will be huuuuge:smile: x
Reply 34
Original post by xxamixx31
Haha exactly why I added you! Coming from Devon, Leicester will be huuuuge:smile: x

I know! I'm so thrilled; it's meant to be the 10th biggest city in England :smile: Congrats to us! :hugs: :party:
You are all going to love it! Leicester uni is amazing!
I'd stay in JoFo if i was you....GMS looks like a prison...
Reply 36
Ahh im doign sociology so hopefully we both get in :smile: Im well nervous because its my second stab at uni!
Reply 37
I'm just nervous about not getting the grades....I'm predicted ABB but I'm doing maths so....it could all fall apart...I got a C at AS so gotta boost it up quite a bit this year!!! Exciting though!! Where else have you applied? x
Reply 38
Original post by MooseAround
You are all going to love it! Leicester uni is amazing!
I'd stay in JoFo if i was you....GMS looks like a prison...

I loved the inside of it though! :smile: I'll be applying there! :smile:
Reply 39
Yeah, im worried thou i only got BCCC last year but so close to the B boundary! so annoying!

DMU, NTU, Brum and Bath Spa you? x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending