The Student Room Group

The Harry Potter Society III

Scroll to see replies

I loved Tonks in the books and Lupin.
In the movies Snape and McGonagall.
Also got some love for Luna and the Weasley twins though.
Reply 1081
Snape always

Arthur weasly is probably second
Remus Lupin! So disappointed he didn't have a lot of development in the films after No. 3. I also love Tonks and Sirius. I cried in the cinema when he died :frown:
Neville :smile:

Although I do like Hermione and Ron :smile:
Severus Snape. The most complex, three dimensional character in the franchise in my view. His the only one that went through all the emotions and tribulations of a human would. He hated James but was jealous of the relationship he had with Lily. He adored and loved Lily. He put his faith in a man, Voldemort. Only to overcome this by realising what it would cost him, in the end Lilly. There he went through a life changing moment and realised his true path was on the path fighting evil. He put his faith in Dumbledore showing remorse he begged for forgiveness. He agonised with being asked to kill one of his most trusted friend, but remained loyal right till the end. Faced further hatred from everyone who thought he was good but had now turned evil. Acted as a double agent for the side of good and double crossed the second most powerful wizard of all time. Not only did he die the bravest man of the entire series. But year after year he saved the son of a man he hated without once complaining about it, or letting the hate Harry showed him waver in his mission. That right there, is a self less man!

Selfless Severus Snape, the bravest wizard of his time. :cry2:
shaemus, or scabbers, or crookshanks, *thinks of more loosely popularised characters*, grorp, fluffy
Reply 1086
Sirius Black. Don't we all wish he had a chance to live those years that was stolen from him? I know I do.
Reply 1087
Original post by SillyRodent
It has to be Snape. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A dark knight.

You. Legend.

Snape is awesome.

Tom Riddle, back in the days when he hadn't gone senile.
Harry had had too much experience of trying to wheedle information out of reluctant people not to recognise a master at work.
Reply 1089
Original post by Reformed2010
Selfless Severus Snape, the bravest wizard of his time. :cry2:

Makes you wonder why he wasn't in Gryffindor doesn't it?
Bellatrix. And McGonagall. Bad-ass females ftw. :love:
Snape and Bellatrix.

I really like Harry Potter, even if I'm not into it now as much as I was when I was younger. But I'll always stand by my opinion that Snape is one of the best fictional characters ever created.
hmm i'd say Snape- such an amazing man <3 nuff said
Then Ron cus he's not only been Harry's best friend but hes stuck by him, faced his fears and lightened up situations all while going through n being dragged into so much <3 (plus he's cute :colondollar:) Finally Luna cus she's so cute and innocent n yet has a lot of wisdom, courage and understanding :3
Original post by KJane
No not at all KJane. Because one of the major themes of Harry Potter has been the power of our ability to love who we want and choose who we are. People are set on paths at a young age all the time, by their parents and environment. But as we grow up we some times realise we want different things and actively decide to change. Which is what Snape did. Real character development in my view.

Plus Harry was told by the sorting hat he had all the perfect traits of a Slytherin. But he was put in Gryffindor because he begged to be, well, given a chance. Sirus Black was born to a rich and evil family, but turned out good. J.K Rowling is basically tell everyone. **** where you are born or who you are born to, try to be who you want to be. A great message in my view.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1094
snape definitely. such a brave man :smile:. I wonder how many kids will be named severus in the future
Reply 1095
McGonagall
Fred&George - I refused to accept that Fred could die, I was gutted I'd loved them since the beginning!

Sirius Black - only in 3 books, such a good character! Why did he have to die so soon? :'( If anything they should have had him die in the final battle and someone else die sooner.

Fred and Sirius dieing was equal to the sad moments in scrubs, it still makes me tear up inside. And George doomed to a life with no ear and losing his twin brother :frown:

(I think this is where I should remember that they are characters in a book, not actual people)
Reply 1097
Original post by KJane

he wasn't brave at school :frown: I think dumbeldore made a comment at some point a long the lines of "makes you wonder if we sort to young" though I can't remember what about
I have a few :tongue:, Ron, Remus, Sirius, Dumbledore.
Dolores Umbridge, It's PINK FRIDAY h***!

Or

Belatrix LeStrange, she's just too fierce :smile: her laughs alone can kill!

Or

Minerva McGonagall "Piertotum Locomotor!" can't get any epic than that!

Or Dobby, I want a stuffed toy Dobby lol, so sad and sweet at the same time.

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending