The Student Room Group

PSYA2 AS Psychology Unit 2 AQA Revision Notes =3

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asha_patel
Lol, i'm not sure if they're more common in Spain in general, or if it's just where i live!! lol

I used to be able to play a few instruments, i did both piano and violin when i was younger and in school we had to do recorder as well... i hated it to be honest, but my sister was super good at music (she did piano, harp and flute) so my parents thought i would like it too.

It's more than a bit annoying!! But nothing we can do to change it.. except choose subjects where theres coursework... haha

Thank you :biggrin: I had a great day!! Not really a party, we had a family barbaque and i'll probably celebrate with my friends in September once we're all in the same country again!!

Ohh theme park.. nice! Cleaning sucks, although i've also been doing a bunch of that... :frown:
What have you been up to these last couple of days?

I'm off to Morocco on tuesday for awhile, so my replies will take forever!! Sorry :frown:

That would be cool though :O I heard the taller you are the more chance you have of having twins.

Really? you hated playing those instrumentS? aw :frown: my parents didn't really encourage me to play stuff though I wish they did, I wish I could play the piano and guitar like.. a lot o.o ah does your sister still play now?

Oh awesome :biggrin: I hope that goes great too XD And yeah... ah notbhing, sorry for my slow reply though, veen super busy, but busy of nothing it seems o.o i keep trying to begin my personal statement but i'm findin git really difficult DX

Ohhh Morroco, how awesome :biggrin: Don't worry, just have a good time :biggrin:
Original post by HolyFuzazzle
That would be cool though :O I heard the taller you are the more chance you have of having twins.

Really? you hated playing those instrumentS? aw :frown: my parents didn't really encourage me to play stuff though I wish they did, I wish I could play the piano and guitar like.. a lot o.o ah does your sister still play now?

Oh awesome :biggrin: I hope that goes great too XD And yeah... ah notbhing, sorry for my slow reply though, veen super busy, but busy of nothing it seems o.o i keep trying to begin my personal statement but i'm findin git really difficult DX

Ohhh Morroco, how awesome :biggrin: Don't worry, just have a good time :biggrin:

Lol, i don't think height is a factor at all!! Generally if there are twins somewhere in your family, your more likely to have twins. It's also meant to skip generations, so because my mum had kids, if me or my siblings have kids they are more likely to have twins too...

Yeah i really hated it. I was a tomboy when i younger and music just didn't interest me!! You could start learning to play an instrument now? I know quite a few people who have started an instrument over the summer... Nope, my sister doesn't play at all now, so we have all these instruments just lying aorund, we tried to get my cousin interested but she doesn't really like it, and my brothers only play guitar because of all the other extra-curriculars that they do.

Don't worry about the slow reply, this is one of the first times i've been on-line properly since i got back!
Awww :frown: You still have time to do your personal statement though, school doesn't start for like another 3 weeks!! And take advantage of the summer to do it!! Otherwise once your start your A2 courseload there is no way you'll also want to be writing a personal statement...

Thank you :biggrin: I had a pretty great time!!

Totally forgot to ask, how are you feeling about results day tomorrow?
Lol, i don't think height is a factor at all!! Generally if there are twins somewhere in your family, your more likely to have twins. It's also meant to skip generations, so because my mum had kids, if me or my siblings have kids they are more likely to have twins too...

Yeah i really hated it. I was a tomboy when i younger and music just didn't interest me!! You could start learning to play an instrument now? I know quite a few people who have started an instrument over the summer... Nope, my sister doesn't play at all now, so we have all these instruments just lying aorund, we tried to get my cousin interested but she doesn't really like it, and my brothers only play guitar because of all the other extra-curriculars that they do.

Don't worry about the slow reply, this is one of the first times i've been on-line properly since i got back!
Awww :frown: You still have time to do your personal statement though, school doesn't start for like another 3 weeks!! And take advantage of the summer to do it!! Otherwise once your start your A2 courseload there is no way you'll also want to be writing a personal statement...

Thank you :biggrin: I had a pretty great time!!

Totally forgot to ask, how are you feeling about results day tomorrow?

I didn't think so XD Yeah :O I dunno if I would want twins... or kids at all XD I guess twins woul dbe interesting, if not a handful. Ahh so you're more likely :O would you like that?

I was a tomboy XD Kinda of a wannabe tomboy though, I tried to be all punky and edgy and stuff which is really cringeworthy but oh well. I guess I could :biggrin: I probably will over next summer :O i wanna learn languages too so yeah X D ah really? :O mayveb i should look into it. Thats a shame :/ Mayve you could sell them. ahh right :O your brothers do a lot of extra curriculars?

Oh thatsd good then XD I'm glad you had a good time in Morocco XD
I guess I do, still gotta do my EPQ as well D= but it'll be fin ehopefully. yeah thats true, we wont have any time when we go back ._. I've been reading from the library on here, its so helpful, its given me pointers of wha I should put in and what I should avoid.

Oh god, kinda nervouys but trying not think about it. can't dread the feelign that i;ve failed. But i bet its much worse for you though ._. goooood luck thgough :biggrin: how are you feeling?
I didn't think so XD Yeah :O I dunno if I would want twins... or kids at all XD I guess twins woul dbe interesting, if not a handful. Ahh so you're more likely :O would you like that?

I was a tomboy XD Kinda of a wannabe tomboy though, I tried to be all punky and edgy and stuff which is really cringeworthy but oh well. I guess I could :biggrin: I probably will over next summer :O i wanna learn languages too so yeah X D ah really? :O mayveb i should look into it. Thats a shame :/ Mayve you could sell them. ahh right :O your brothers do a lot of extra curriculars?

Oh thatsd good then XD I'm glad you had a good time in Morocco XD
I guess I do, still gotta do my EPQ as well D= but it'll be fin ehopefully. yeah thats true, we wont have any time when we go back ._. I've been reading from the library on here, its so helpful, its given me pointers of wha I should put in and what I should avoid.

Oh god, kinda nervouys but trying not think about it. can't dread the feelign that i;ve failed. But i bet its much worse for you though ._. goooood luck thgough :biggrin: how are you feeling?

Fair enough, i don't really want kids, but saying that now might be a bit premature for me!! Haha, i wouldn't like twins, don't think i could handle it... Lol, i won't be more likely, but if i have kids, they will be more likely to have twins...

Haha, that sounds sweet. I think we're just keeping the instruments out of sentimentality... lol. Yeah the twins do a lot, which will only increase now because they're off to secondary school this september.

You've got time, i'm sure you'll manage to get it all done. Yeah the personal statement section here is super useful. The only thing i thought a bit dogy was posting your own statement or giving it to someone to get it checked, i just didn't feel comfortable with that seeing as they could copy bits and if UCAS catches it your kind of screwed! I got my parents, my sister and like 3 of my teachers to look through my personal statement and give me tips, after that i felt as though i had more than enough to improve!!

Fair enough! I'm sure you'll do well though, you seem to have studied alot, well at least in psychology!! :smile: I'm trying so hard not to think about it, but it's all i can think about!! I think it's worse this year, last year i was much more relaxed, this year i'm freaking out because i can't change these results by doing a re-take... so... I just hope i get into my firm choice!!
Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow! Good Luck (though i'm sure you won't need it)
Fair enough, i don't really want kids, but saying that now might be a bit premature for me!! Haha, i wouldn't like twins, don't think i could handle it... Lol, i won't be more likely, but if i have kids, they will be more likely to have twins...

Haha, that sounds sweet. I think we're just keeping the instruments out of sentimentality... lol. Yeah the twins do a lot, which will only increase now because they're off to secondary school this september.

You've got time, i'm sure you'll manage to get it all done. Yeah the personal statement section here is super useful. The only thing i thought a bit dogy was posting your own statement or giving it to someone to get it checked, i just didn't feel comfortable with that seeing as they could copy bits and if UCAS catches it your kind of screwed! I got my parents, my sister and like 3 of my teachers to look through my personal statement and give me tips, after that i felt as though i had more than enough to improve!!

Fair enough! I'm sure you'll do well though, you seem to have studied alot, well at least in psychology!! :smile: I'm trying so hard not to think about it, but it's all i can think about!! I think it's worse this year, last year i was much more relaxed, this year i'm freaking out because i can't change these results by doing a re-take... so... I just hope i get into my firm choice!!
Let me know how it goes for you tomorrow! Good Luck (though i'm sure you won't need it)

Neither do I XD They stress me out a lot. But I agree that our minds might change in the future. Ohhh right sorry I misunderstood o.o Twins would be stressful but also cute to watch them I guess.

Sentimentality, huh? Its a bit disappointing she lost interest in them if she was so good though. are they? its al downhill from there ._.

Yeah I think I really have to just buckle down now. Cuz the EPQ has to be 5000 words long. It amazes me how much I procrastinate. Yeah :biggrin: Ohhh yeah, I don't think I'll ever give my personal statement in here to be checked, I'll stick to my family, friends and teachers XD But seeing old ones and what was wrong with them was really useful :biggrin: Ah yeah I think thatsthe best way to do it : D

I got 89 in Psychology, kinda disappointed but its not that bad. But yeah, I got 4 As, and a B in general studies... Low A in English lit, but i ranted about that enough... i think i msessed up there bad. I got 120/120 in englkish language thogh :biggrin: HOW DID YOU DO? O'm sure you did great! Good luck but you know now huh?
Neither do I XD They stress me out a lot. But I agree that our minds might change in the future. Ohhh right sorry I misunderstood o.o Twins would be stressful but also cute to watch them I guess.

Sentimentality, huh? Its a bit disappointing she lost interest in them if she was so good though. are they? its al downhill from there ._.

Yeah I think I really have to just buckle down now. Cuz the EPQ has to be 5000 words long. It amazes me how much I procrastinate. Yeah :biggrin: Ohhh yeah, I don't think I'll ever give my personal statement in here to be checked, I'll stick to my family, friends and teachers XD But seeing old ones and what was wrong with them was really useful :biggrin: Ah yeah I think thatsthe best way to do it : D

I got 89 in Psychology, kinda disappointed but its not that bad. But yeah, I got 4 As, and a B in general studies... Low A in English lit, but i ranted about that enough... i think i msessed up there bad. I got 120/120 in englkish language thogh :biggrin: HOW DID YOU DO? O'm sure you did great! Good luck but you know now huh?

Haha, yes the twins can be cute to watch!!
Yep, they're starting Secondary School, lol, it feels like they're getting so old but all i can see them as is little 3 years olds crying because they didn't want to be left at school :frown:

Ouch, 5000 words, that's longer than both my A2 History coursework pieces put together!! Good Luck with it!!
I agree, seeing other peoples is pretty useful. It also helps give you an idea of what sort of things they're expecting you to talk about, because tbh when i first heard about the personal statement i had absolutely no clue what to write about myself in there!! :s-smilie:

89 is great!! Congratulations!!! and 4 A's and a B is amazing as well :biggrin: You can't have messed up too badly is you've gotten an A (even if it's a low one!!).
Haha, thank you. I'm pleased with what i got, 2 A's in Spanish and English Literature (no idea how as i hadn't even read one of the texts... but oh well) and 2 B's in History and Psychology. I have no idea what mark i got in PSYA2, i was too excited to have heard i got into my firm choice for university that i completely forgot to ask for my unit marks!! I'll probably call tomorrow and ask....
Haha, yes the twins can be cute to watch!!
Yep, they're starting Secondary School, lol, it feels like they're getting so old but all i can see them as is little 3 years olds crying because they didn't want to be left at school :frown:

Ouch, 5000 words, that's longer than both my A2 History coursework pieces put together!! Good Luck with it!!
I agree, seeing other peoples is pretty useful. It also helps give you an idea of what sort of things they're expecting you to talk about, because tbh when i first heard about the personal statement i had absolutely no clue what to write about myself in there!! :s-smilie:

89 is great!! Congratulations!!! and 4 A's and a B is amazing as well :biggrin: You can't have messed up too badly is you've gotten an A (even if it's a low one!!).
Haha, thank you. I'm pleased with what i got, 2 A's in Spanish and English Literature (no idea how as i hadn't even read one of the texts... but oh well) and 2 B's in History and Psychology. I have no idea what mark i got in PSYA2, i was too excited to have heard i got into my firm choice for university that i completely forgot to ask for my unit marks!! I'll probably call tomorrow and ask....

Yes :biggrin: Edxcept I wouldn't dress them in the same clothes everrr.
Aww :frown: Typical big sister i guess, but thats sweet, they have to grow up sometime though.

It is really long so you can see why I'm sorta stressed.. we were meant to do it over the summer but I just found it really difficult ._. I'll be able to do it though, but some of what I write will be utter crap. And thanks :biggrin:
Yeah exactly :biggrin: I learnt loads of tips, not to drop names, what things are cliched, not to mention a-level texts etc etc Its really helpful... I had no idea either, but now I do :biggrin: I still don't know how I#d be able to talk about them in interview though.

Thank you :biggrin: So are your results, congrats so much :biggrin: I'm sohappy you've done so well and gotten into your firm :biggrin: A in Eng Lit without reading one of he texts? Wow XD Genius. Ahh right :O you probably dont care about unit marks so much now but seriously thats so awesome you did well enough XDD I bet you're so excited :biggrin: Are you celebrating? and do you get annoyed with the AS people stressing out about today? cuz some of the A2 people seem to be. and Congrats again :biggrin:
Yes :biggrin: Edxcept I wouldn't dress them in the same clothes everrr.
Aww :frown: Typical big sister i guess, but thats sweet, they have to grow up sometime though.

It is really long so you can see why I'm sorta stressed.. we were meant to do it over the summer but I just found it really difficult ._. I'll be able to do it though, but some of what I write will be utter crap. And thanks :biggrin:
Yeah exactly :biggrin: I learnt loads of tips, not to drop names, what things are cliched, not to mention a-level texts etc etc Its really helpful... I had no idea either, but now I do :biggrin: I still don't know how I#d be able to talk about them in interview though.

Thank you :biggrin: So are your results, congrats so much :biggrin: I'm sohappy you've done so well and gotten into your firm :biggrin: A in Eng Lit without reading one of he texts? Wow XD Genius. Ahh right :O you probably dont care about unit marks so much now but seriously thats so awesome you did well enough XDD I bet you're so excited :biggrin: Are you celebrating? and do you get annoyed with the AS people stressing out about today? cuz some of the A2 people seem to be. and Congrats again :biggrin:

Yeah, mum hates when twins are dressed the same! Our twins never do dress the same, although there tastes are pretty different so if we did try to dress them the same it probably wouldn't end all that well!!
They do have to grow up sometime, i'd just prefer if it would be about 30 years into the future... lol.

Aww, don't stress. You'll get it done, you still have loads of time!!
All very good tips, i definitely agree with the not mentioning A Level texts, try and get in something that shows you've done some reading outside what you have to do for your course. You may not even get an interview, but if you do you just need to know about what you written in your personal statement (e.g. don't mention a psychology theory you don't understand or haven't read about, because if they ask you about it and you can't talk about it, your pretty screwed).

Thanks :biggrin: Haha, not a genius, just very lucky i think... i would never do it again, i was so panicky before the exam because i knew i hadn't read the text and if something obscure came up i probably wouldn't be able to talk about it at all! Lol, tbh i'm not too bothered about unit marks anymore, i've got into Kent to read Psychology and that's pretty much all i cared about! I'm not celebrating, but i will be... i think i'm still in shock!
Mmm not too annoyed, but someone going on and on about how they messed up and it'll ruin their future does annoy me because they still have a year to make up their grades. On the other hand A2 students don't really have that choice this year, especially with the lack of choice in clearing this year and the fee rise next year...
Yeah, mum hates when twins are dressed the same! Our twins never do dress the same, although there tastes are pretty different so if we did try to dress them the same it probably wouldn't end all that well!!
They do have to grow up sometime, i'd just prefer if it would be about 30 years into the future... lol.

Aww, don't stress. You'll get it done, you still have loads of time!!
All very good tips, i definitely agree with the not mentioning A Level texts, try and get in something that shows you've done some reading outside what you have to do for your course. You may not even get an interview, but if you do you just need to know about what you written in your personal statement (e.g. don't mention a psychology theory you don't understand or haven't read about, because if they ask you about it and you can't talk about it, your pretty screwed).

Thanks :biggrin: Haha, not a genius, just very lucky i think... i would never do it again, i was so panicky before the exam because i knew i hadn't read the text and if something obscure came up i probably wouldn't be able to talk about it at all! Lol, tbh i'm not too bothered about unit marks anymore, i've got into Kent to read Psychology and that's pretty much all i cared about! I'm not celebrating, but i will be... i think i'm still in shock!
Mmm not too annoyed, but someone going on and on about how they messed up and it'll ruin their future does annoy me because they still have a year to make up their grades. On the other hand A2 students don't really have that choice this year, especially with the lack of choice in clearing this year and the fee rise next year...

Sorry, totally didn't realise I'd been quoted @_@ so late reply. I just don't think you need to scar them with making them think that they aren't different from their siblings @_@ Me and my sister had a 7 year age gap but my mother still insisted in having us wear the same clothes sometimes.
Aw =/ and do you have to look after them? :O

Hmm I've been trying to start it over the past few days... been strugging a lot. but I've been making lists of things I could say today.
Yeah :biggrin: Sucks cuz a lot of the stuff I've read, though I've not studied myself for A-level, are apparently A-level texts. *cries*Thats true, two places I'm applying to do interview, but you're right, I might not even get to interview stage! yeah thats true XD or a book or play you haven't read.

No, it seems incredibly risky! Ah but you were lucky :biggrin: And yeah, I wouldn't be if I was in your position. So when does uni start? done any celebrating yet? got over the initial shock yet? :biggrin:
Thats true, we still have a year of resits, but I bet a year before you guys were all stressed about ASs :O must have narrowed down where you were applying. aw :frown: thats sad. and how are you?
Sorry, totally didn't realise I'd been quoted @_@ so late reply. I just don't think you need to scar them with making them think that they aren't different from their siblings @_@ Me and my sister had a 7 year age gap but my mother still insisted in having us wear the same clothes sometimes.
Aw =/ and do you have to look after them? :O

Hmm I've been trying to start it over the past few days... been strugging a lot. but I've been making lists of things I could say today.
Yeah :biggrin: Sucks cuz a lot of the stuff I've read, though I've not studied myself for A-level, are apparently A-level texts. *cries*Thats true, two places I'm applying to do interview, but you're right, I might not even get to interview stage! yeah thats true XD or a book or play you haven't read.

No, it seems incredibly risky! Ah but you were lucky :biggrin: And yeah, I wouldn't be if I was in your position. So when does uni start? done any celebrating yet? got over the initial shock yet? :biggrin:
Thats true, we still have a year of resits, but I bet a year before you guys were all stressed about ASs :O must have narrowed down where you were applying. aw :frown: thats sad. and how are you?

Don't worry about it!!
Mum always says that their different people so why would you dress them exactly the same? Ohh ouch, that kind of sucks!! I would have hated to wear the same stuff as my sister, although we didn't get along well as kids so that would probably be why!!
Yeah i look after them sometimes, they're really well behaved (well for the most part...) so it's not such a big deal and as theres two of them they have someone to play with which helps... :smile:

Oh god, i completely agree with the lists, i have so much to do it is insane!!! I'm starting to freak out thinking i'm not going to have everything ready by the time i've got to start university!!!
Awww, i'm sorry your struggling. If you ever want me to read through anything to give you some advice or whatever, just let me know!! I'm more than willing to take a look...
I think that A Level texts from subjects your not doing is okay, it's just that A Level texts from subjects you are doing is bad because it doesn't show wider reading, it just shows that your doing what you have to do.
That's not what i meant!!! I meant that you may get an offer without having to do an interview, i got 2 offers from uni's that normally conduct interviews without having to do an interview.. so...

Yes i was extremely lucky... thank god for that :biggrin: University starts on the 26th, but i can move in on the 17th/18th for Fresher's Week :biggrin: I'm getting super excited now!! Yep over the initial shock, happened yesterday when i got my accomodation offer, i got my first choice so i'm super happy now... lol.
If i'm being honest i freaked out after i got my results and saw how bad they were (compared to what i was expecting), until then i had been super relaxed about the whole thing... and yes after i got my AS results where i was applying to suddenly changed, in fact Kent was the only university i kept from before results!!
When do you start school again? Feeling prepared for your A2's?
Don't worry about it!!
Mum always says that their different people so why would you dress them exactly the same? Ohh ouch, that kind of sucks!! I would have hated to wear the same stuff as my sister, although we didn't get along well as kids so that would probably be why!!
Yeah i look after them sometimes, they're really well behaved (well for the most part...) so it's not such a big deal and as theres two of them they have someone to play with which helps... :smile:

Oh god, i completely agree with the lists, i have so much to do it is insane!!! I'm starting to freak out thinking i'm not going to have everything ready by the time i've got to start university!!!
Awww, i'm sorry your struggling. If you ever want me to read through anything to give you some advice or whatever, just let me know!! I'm more than willing to take a look...
I think that A Level texts from subjects your not doing is okay, it's just that A Level texts from subjects you are doing is bad because it doesn't show wider reading, it just shows that your doing what you have to do.
That's not what i meant!!! I meant that you may get an offer without having to do an interview, i got 2 offers from uni's that normally conduct interviews without having to do an interview.. so...

Yes i was extremely lucky... thank god for that :biggrin: University starts on the 26th, but i can move in on the 17th/18th for Fresher's Week :biggrin: I'm getting super excited now!! Yep over the initial shock, happened yesterday when i got my accomodation offer, i got my first choice so i'm super happy now... lol.
If i'm being honest i freaked out after i got my results and saw how bad they were (compared to what i was expecting), until then i had been super relaxed about the whole thing... and yes after i got my AS results where i was applying to suddenly changed, in fact Kent was the only university i kept from before results!!
When do you start school again? Feeling prepared for your A2's?

Yeah exactly :biggrin: i think some parents think its really cute but I think its annoying :O i guess it could be easier too. You didnt get along well as kids? Whats the age difference?
Someone to keep each other busy sort of thing?thats nice:biggrin: its good that they're well behaved, my siblings are pains @_@

Oh don't worry, youwill :biggrin: What sortof things do you have to do?
Aw thank you :biggrin: Thats so niceof you to offer, and I totally will if I need to:biggrin: I just have noideas if my problem XD I think I'm just too used tonot thinking XD
Yeah :O its just that a lot of stuff I've read, whilst itsnot on the literature syllabus in our school, itis in others soits not very imaginative.. oh well.
Ohh XD Sorry, I misunderstood. Really? well,oxford definitelywill, but if I could get an offer from the other places without interview, that would be fantastic :biggrin:

Yeah :O oooh not long isitXD Oh wow yeahI betyou're excited XD You gotyour first choice for acommodation? great :biggrin: Really? Are you talking about this year's results? cuz you did really well :biggrin: Oh really?:O yeah thats whati mean, i can see why people'd be nervous. Ahhh, 7th september.. prepared? well, I'venot read any of my lit texts, or done any language research, but oh well XD AndI'vegot my EPQ and PS to do, so I dontwannathink about school ifI'm honest XD
Yeah exactly :biggrin: i think some parents think its really cute but I think its annoying :O i guess it could be easier too. You didnt get along well as kids? Whats the age difference?
Someone to keep each other busy sort of thing?thats nice:biggrin: its good that they're well behaved, my siblings are pains @_@

Oh don't worry, youwill :biggrin: What sortof things do you have to do?
Aw thank you :biggrin: Thats so niceof you to offer, and I totally will if I need to:biggrin: I just have noideas if my problem XD I think I'm just too used tonot thinking XD
Yeah :O its just that a lot of stuff I've read, whilst itsnot on the literature syllabus in our school, itis in others soits not very imaginative.. oh well.
Ohh XD Sorry, I misunderstood. Really? well,oxford definitelywill, but if I could get an offer from the other places without interview, that would be fantastic :biggrin:

Yeah :O oooh not long isitXD Oh wow yeahI betyou're excited XD You gotyour first choice for acommodation? great :biggrin: Really? Are you talking about this year's results? cuz you did really well :biggrin: Oh really?:O yeah thats whati mean, i can see why people'd be nervous. Ahhh, 7th september.. prepared? well, I'venot read any of my lit texts, or done any language research, but oh well XD AndI'vegot my EPQ and PS to do, so I dontwannathink about school ifI'm honest XD

The age difference between my sister and I is only 2 years, but we fought like crazy as kids, we just had really different personalities and they clashed i guess... It's not a problem anymore but it used to drive my parents crazy!!
Haha yes with the twins always having each other means there is always someone to play with, or go swimming with or whatever really...

Lol, mostly packing, and buying everything i need for uni, plus sorting out my bank account and an English mobile... god this list is making me depressed...
Your very welcome.
Haha, i kind of wanted to get some interviews, lol, it would have been a chance to come back to England as well as see the uni's again!

Yep first choice for accomodation :biggrin:
Haha, no i meant last years results, my AS results freaked me out, i was expecting all A's and maybe a B in History, instead i got like ABBCD... so...
Ouch, lol you better get started fast!! I'm sure you won't need everything for the first week or so though, so you'll have a little extra time...
The age difference between my sister and I is only 2 years, but we fought like crazy as kids, we just had really different personalities and they clashed i guess... It's not a problem anymore but it used to drive my parents crazy!!
Haha yes with the twins always having each other means there is always someone to play with, or go swimming with or whatever really...

Lol, mostly packing, and buying everything i need for uni, plus sorting out my bank account and an English mobile... god this list is making me depressed...
Your very welcome.
Haha, i kind of wanted to get some interviews, lol, it would have been a chance to come back to England as well as see the uni's again!

Yep first choice for accomodation :biggrin:
Haha, no i meant last years results, my AS results freaked me out, i was expecting all A's and maybe a B in History, instead i got like ABBCD... so...
Ouch, lol you better get started fast!! I'm sure you won't need everything for the first week or so though, so you'll have a little extra time...

Hey,

Sorry guys, I dont mean to be rude but any chance you could have this conversation in private messages rather than take up this thread?>

I know people may be turning to it for advice on paper 2 thinking theres an update only to find another exchange that may be better suited to MSN or PM's.
Original post by Mephestic
Hey,

Sorry guys, I dont mean to be rude but any chance you could have this conversation in private messages rather than take up this thread?>

I know people may be turning to it for advice on paper 2 thinking theres an update only to find another exchange that may be better suited to MSN or PM's.

Oh yes, I kinda had that in mind all the way through, and I'm really sorry XD And thanks for being so polite. Sorry again to trouble you or anyone.
Oh yes, I kinda had that in mind all the way through, and I'm really sorry XD And thanks for being so polite. Sorry again to trouble you or anyone.

No problem - I would also like to thank you for being understanding,

:smile:
Thank You, you even threw in the A02 which i never really knew what to put!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS!

You might have just saved me and my mate for our exam in 6 days!!!!

I'll report back
Reply 157
Hey! These notes are amazing! Do you by any chance have any other notes for psychology? I'm terrible at making notes, and yours are condensed and easy to read! <3
Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii guys *gasps*
Well, I've finally completed all the Psychology Unit 2 AQA Specification A, AS, PSYA2 revision notes *blegh*
I really hope you guys find them useful, they are really detailed but I hope it's simple ^_^ And, the contents are as follows:
Pages 1-3: Stress Bodily responses to stress and research into stress and illness.
Pages 3-5: Stress Life Changes/Daily Hassles including research
Pages 5-6: Stress Workplace Stress including research
Pages 7-8: Stress Personality factors into stress including research
Pages 8-10: Stress Coping strategies
Pages 10-11: Stress Physiological Methods of stress management (Drugs)
Pages 11-13: Stress Psychological methods of stress management (Therapies)
Pages 13-17: Social Conformity, Factors, Explanations including research
Pages 17-21: Social Obedience, Factors, Explanations including research
Pages 21-23: Social Explanations of Independent Behaviour including research
Page 24: Social Social Change and its implications
Page 25-26: Abnormality Definitions of Abnormality and limitations
Pages 27-29: Abnormality Biological Approach, Drug and ECT Treatments
Pages 29-31: Abnormality Behavioural Approach and Systematic Desensitisation
Pages 32-34: Abnormality Cognitive approach and CBT (specifically REBT)
Pages 34-37: Abnormality Psychodynamic approach and Psychoanalysis.

In short, Stress begins on Page 1, and ends on Page 13.(Section 2 on page 7)
Social Psychology begins on page 13 and ends on page 24.(Section 2 on page 21)
Abnormality begins on page 25 and ends on page 37.(Section 2 on page 26)

Just another point - I didn't write anything in note form, and for advantages and disadvantages, rather than dividing them into columns, I put a smiley face for a good thing and a sad face for a bad thing at the end of the point (as you'll notice).
I made them using class notes and stuff =/ and my own brain.
I also tend to put long examples in a smaller font so they stand out ^_^

GAHZ. I worked so hard on this but I REALLY hope people look at if they need to and it really helps them ^_^ If any one needs any questions answering or help or anything I'm here too ^_^

Please don't claim as your own, as I'm sure you won't ^_^
And if you DO use it, please provide some feedback or thanks or something or some form of comment here ^_^ I don[t mind if you don't though.

GOOD LUCK ALL! I cant be found for questions now, next time I'll be on TSR is fter the exam. But keep looking at the notes and i wish everyone luck!

edit: 420 downloads? I hope these are helpful!

http://getrevising.co.uk/account/resources/psychology_unit_2_notes

To those who can't open it ^_^
To those who thanked me and told me that this was useful, thank you and you're welcome ^^

Thank you so much you have literally saved my life ^-^
Original post by superstahh
Thank you so much you have literally saved my life ^-^

Sorry I didn't notice people were still finding this useful. You're welcome :smile: I hope unit 2 went well.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending