The Student Room Group

King's College London Medicine Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1720
Original post by confused dot com
I'm not too sure, I really loved Oxford and Imperial too! Is King's yours?

Probably with sheffield/glasgow. :O
I am really indecisive.
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
That's a huge drop in comparison to last years 4500 applicants :eek:

Wow 4500 last year! thats crazyy, but when i rang she said just over 3000 apps.. :smile:
Hey guys!

Does anyone know whether or not any rejection notifications have been sent out to people for the A100 without interview?
Reply 1723
just got an interview invite! any tips!? and how good are they about rescheduling - because mine happens to be in the middle of my mock IB exams and I live in Switzerland...
Original post by yukibaba
Hey guys!

Does anyone know whether or not any rejection notifications have been sent out to people for the A100 without interview?

A friend of mine got rejected so yes, people are getting rejected without interviews
Reply 1725
Original post by nk2012
just got an interview invite! any tips!? and how good are they about rescheduling - because mine happens to be in the middle of my mock IB exams and I live in Switzerland...

Hey. CONGRATS. :biggrin:
They are pre accommodating.
I also have my IB mocks during the interview period but rescheduling mock. Interview is way more imp for me atm. :smile:
Reply 1726
Original post by apple17
Hey. CONGRATS. :biggrin:
They are pre accommodating.
I also have my IB mocks during the interview period but rescheduling mock. Interview is way more imp for me atm. :smile:

thanks! yeah i decided to reschedule my mock - dont want to risk messing around with the interview business! :smile: are you international as well?
Reply 1727
Original post by nk2012
thanks! yeah i decided to reschedule my mock - dont want to risk messing around with the interview business! :smile: are you international as well?

Yeah, cuz i felt like if i try rescheduling my interview, then they might just give up on me. :tongue: Yeah, I am intl too. You are EU though, cuz ur in Switzerland right?
oh btw, what IB courses do u take.
anyyy one heard anything today from Kings?
Original post by sheen-bean
anyyy one heard anything today from Kings?

They normally update their portal some time after half five :smile:
Original post by Notsocleverstudent
That's a huge drop in comparison to last years 4500 applicants :eek:

Last year was the last year before the tuition rise, so everyone who was "thinking" of studying medicine, particularly grads, applied. Simply because they didnt want to pay more if they had a change of heart..

Of course that meant more rejections, which means more experienced, pro in the admissions process reapplicants this year , but ofc not as much applicants as last year!:colone:
Reply 1731
Wow 4500 last year! thats crazyy, but when i rang she said just over 3000 apps.. :smile:

well i suppose that's some good news i've heard!
sheen-bean, i know this doesn't mean anything but mind telling me your stats?
Original post by momories
well i suppose that's some good news i've heard!
sheen-bean, i know this doesn't mean anything but mind telling me your stats?

A levels- Bio, Sociology, Chem A A B
Biomedical sciences predicted : 1st
Ukcat - 600

Rubbish right?
Reply 1733
It's been a week since my interview and checking the portal 30 times a day is starting to grate on me!
I am soooo scared!! I just want to knowww!! Anyone else have their interview last Tuesday? The 6th?
Reply 1734
A levels- Bio, Sociology, Chem A A B
Biomedical sciences predicted : 1st
Ukcat - 600

Rubbish right?

I would not say it's rubbish.
I mean A levels and Ukcat, maybe not great
but the predicted 1st is pretty amazing. I'm sure a predicted 1st will weigh quite a lot of the application!
I have good gcses and As-levels and A2 predictions, but only 633 for my UKCAT. Hence why I am so nervous...
But then my friend with extremely similar exam grades with a 650 ukcat has had her interview and got an offer, so maybe we're just unlucky - they might not have even seen our application yet!
preparing for the worst, hoping for the best! :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1735
:biggrin: Just got an unconditional offer !!! SO SO happy and relieved and King's is my 1st uni choice. My interview was last Tues Dec 6th.
Reply 1736
Original post by kim93
:biggrin: Just got an unconditional offer !!! SO SO happy and relieved and King's is my 1st uni choice. My interview was last Tues Dec 6th.

A massive congratulations!!!!!! The perfect outcome for you!
Original post by kim93

Well done!! Had my interview a day after you, so maybe a reply tomorrow :s-smilie::s-smilie:
Reply 1738
Original post by CJDJ
A massive congratulations!!!!!! The perfect outcome for you!

Thank you !!
Reply 1739
Original post by DarkSunshine
Well done!! Had my interview a day after you, so maybe a reply tomorrow :s-smilie::s-smilie:

Thank you and good luck !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending