The Student Room Group
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University

Entrance Scholarship

Scroll to see replies

21st March, eh? I didn't get an email about that, but never mind, now I know. That's near my birthday too, so yes, a good present!

14th March -> 21st March

7 days

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
(One post per day, countdown!)
Students graduating at Aberystwyth University
Aberystwyth University
Original post by HotfireLegend
21st March, eh? I didn't get an email about that, but never mind, now I know. That's near my birthday too, so yes, a good present!

14th March -> 21st March

7 days

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!
(One post per day, countdown!)

I second that, good luck everyone! :^_^:

Although I have a horrible feeling that I'm not going to get anything, because my last question on the Politics paper wasn't as good as I could have made it. :frown:
6 days

I wouldn't worry to be honest - even if you don't win, it'll tell you the calibre of students who applied for the scholarship.
Reply 43
Can somebody just clarify with me please, that the main scholarship is worth £3000 over 3 uears and an unconditional offer, and the other ones are worth £500 and an unconditional offer?

Im in it more for the offer than the money!
I'm not the only one who did Biology and/or Chemistry right? :s-smilie:
Original post by Reffariiii
Can somebody just clarify with me please, that the main scholarship is worth £3000 over 3 uears and an unconditional offer, and the other ones are worth £500 and an unconditional offer?

Im in it more for the offer than the money!

£1000 and Unconditional for Merit.

5 days
2 days to go! :^_^:

I assumed that the results of who got a scholarship/merit were posted on the Aber website on Wednesday after the decisions over who got them were made, but apparently that isn't the case. We have to wait for our letters off them instead. :h:
I doubt i got anything from it, after think about the questions and the answers i gave i think it wasn't detailed enough! Though i could do with some good news this week lol not long now, should know by the end of the week! Good luck everyone :smile:
Oh, aren't they? Well, thanks for the heads-up. 1 Day to go until the letters are sent then!

Ddraig: My Physical paper was very detailed, but my Human wasn't! Good luck either way!
Reply 49
Are there a set number per department? Read somewhere that schools get the actual scores so school might find out tomorrow! :eek:
Yup, the headteachers of the schools/colleges find out your scores from the exams, and if you want them, you've got to go and ask for them.

Ahh, the decision is made tomorrow! :woo:

...although I doubt I'll get anything. :K:
Reply 51
Decision could be made already!:wink: Emails ready to go to schools at midnight maybe. When do the results get put in the website then? Desperate for an unconditional - just had a re mark back for an AS retake - no change still 1ums short of the grade boundary. Having the extra points would have taken the edge off the summer a bit
I agree, it would definitely take the pressure off the summer exams. :yep:

I assumed that the names of the winners of the scholarships/ merit awards were placed on the website tomorrow (or at the same time as when the letters are sent to us, with the result of if we have anything or not), but somebody on the Aberystwyth Applicants 2012 group on Facebook told me that we get our letters off Aber first, and then if we accept whatever we get, our names are then posted on the website.

I hate how the schools/ colleges know what we've got before us. It's infuriating. :unimpressed:
I might go with a few friends tomorrow to see if the head has the results and if so if he will tell us!! Though i doubt it... I actually don't want to find out, the thought of failing this when i recently did badly in an important exam and am now resitting it in the summer will not go down well!! I just hope that somehow i have done better than i think and have managed to get a merit :s-smilie:

Where on the site are they normally put? It would make more sense to put them up after the people have found out! I just hope we have all managed to do well, i would hate to have to post saying i have to rely on my summer exams!! :unimpressed:
Reply 54
can someone just clarify it all then.

Is it that we can ask school tomorrow or wait for thursday to get the letter?

No email to say yes/no or anything from ucas to say something has changed on track
I think you get a UCAS Track edit, an email and a letter as well as the usual Aber site update.

If this doesn't turn out to be the case by tomorrow morning, ask your teacher/whoever gets the results. If they don't have it, then wait for the rest of the info listed above and cross your fingers!
Reply 56
Presumably Track will show an unconditional from midnight tonight then?
I got this email off Aber on the 7th March, if it's any help;

Dear All,

We have had a number of enquiries recently as to when you will find out the results of the Entrance Scholarship competition, so I’m just writing to let you know that the Entrance Scholarship Examiners will be meeting to decide upon the allocations on 21st March. We hope to send out letters to all candidates within a day or two of that meeting. Letters will also be sent to your headteachers (where applicable) and they will have the actual marks awarded for each paper.

Good luck!

Kylie
Original post by Aek-94
I got this email off Aber on the 7th March, if it's any help;

They DECIDE tomorrow? 0_o
But hey, we get the actual marks this time ar- wait, probably not such a good thing :P

Good luck all!
Original post by HotfireLegend
They DECIDE tomorrow? 0_o
But hey, we get the actual marks this time ar- wait, probably not such a good thing :P

Good luck all!

That's what it says, although I think the decisions have probably been made already. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest