The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Starting at Queen's Campus this October. Lets connect.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by sarahcraughan
I have not recieved confirmation either, however when i applied it clicked straight off saying i could no longer access the page and had applied so i emailed them to ask what i had a pplied for and they said because i had already stated John Snow in my original application and have no requirments they have just assumed i was a mixed flat in john snow accom and i replied saying that was fine so i wouldn't worry about it. Just email them and double check :smile:

Will do, thank you! I just had a horrible feeling I had not actually applied! I sent my application off 20th of march, do you know when it actually opened? I emailed an admissions person on february 21st and she said it would open about 4 weeks after that. However, exactly 4 weeks after that email I applied and the application was already online. Im just wandering whether I've applied late? :smile:
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by GEE93
Will do, thank you! I just had a horrible feeling I had not actually applied! I sent my application off 20th of march, do you know when it actually opened? I emailed an admissions person on february 21st and she said it would open about 4 weeks after that. However, exactly 4 weeks after that email I applied and the application was already online. Im just wandering whether I've applied late? :smile:

Nooo i think thats around when i applied too because id had my letter from John snow with a link to apply for accommosation which didn't work at teh time so i emailed them and they said they hadn't launched it yet and it would be going up in about a months time. Just email and say your not sure what you've applied for would it be possible to check:smile: But like i said with me as soon as i clicked on the process because ive already applied for John snow it was already down as mixed flat john snow so probably the same for you:smile: what you studying?
Reply 42
Heyya Have just firmed Durham for Medicine at John Snow College :biggrin:
Hey I've firmed Durham. I'm gonna be doing Applied Psychology at John Snow college.
Hey! I've firmed Applied Psychology at Stepehson college :smile: so excited!
any one else doing primary ed? :smile:
Reply 46
Original post by Nash24
Hey guys, I just firmed my place at Durham for medicine. I requested Stephenson, but haven't heard back yet :smile:

Hey, I firmed my place at Durham for medicine too and I'll be living in Stephenson College next year also :smile:
Anyone else doing Business or Marketing? :smile:
Original post by sarahcraughan
any one else doing primary ed? :smile:

me me!!! xx
Reply 49
Original post by belitsu
Hey, I firmed my place at Durham for medicine too and I'll be living in Stephenson College next year also :smile:

Hey! Yay another 'stevo' :smile: Have you sorted out your accommodation? I'm not quite sure whether I should opt for College or Mezzino accommodation..
I'm going for college accomodation, I went up to see the College at the post-application day and the accomodation was lovely :smile: so excited for October! Anyone else doing Applied Psychology?
Reply 51
Original post by Nash24
Hey! Yay another 'stevo' :smile: Have you sorted out your accommodation? I'm not quite sure whether I should opt for College or Mezzino accommodation..

Well, I'll choose College for sure. I believe sharing a hall with 6-7 people yet having your own room (which is en-suite!) is the best option. Aren't Mezzino's a bit away from the college?
Reply 52
Hey guys,

Doing accounting and finance
and have been allocated to John Snow!

Can't waittttt :smile:
Reply 53
Hello :smile: Firmed for Direct progression to medicine at Durham, and at Stephenson College... How old are the other med applicants?
Reply 54
Original post by MattPatt
Hello :smile: Firmed for Direct progression to medicine at Durham, and at Stephenson College... How old are the other med applicants?

I'm 19, I will be graduating from high school this may.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Graduating high school at 19? A UK school or elsewhere?
Reply 56
I'm from Turkey :smile: Our high school lasts for 5 years (one prep year and 4 academic years)
Reply 57
Got an offer for accounting and finance at John snow, I'll be gutted if i fail my exams :frown:
Reply 58
Hello, I've got an offer for medicine and chosen John Snow but was wondering if most people are going to live in college accomodation or Mezzino's?
Reply 59
Original post by Georgieft
Hello, I've got an offer for medicine and chosen John Snow but was wondering if most people are going to live in college accomodation or Mezzino's?

FYI There is a facebook page for medicine freshers...
https://www.facebook.com/groups/261770790578199/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending