The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Does anyone else think it's weird that a GCSE shake-up gets so much media attention, but the switch to Nat 4/Nat 5, the CfE, and the revised Highers/Advanced Highers have nothing said about it?

Not really, the Scottish news picked up on the CFE and it's not really got anything to do with England so won't get more than a 2 minute segment on the main news.
Original post by Mr Dangermouse
Not really, the Scottish news picked up on the CFE and it's not really got anything to do with England so won't get more than a 2 minute segment on the main news.

But even in terms of our news - not much was said. Down in England they're practically demanding for Gove's head over this.
Hi :biggrin:
not sure if this is too early or what, but thought I would have a bash at a leavers thread for all us "oldies" entering into our last year of secondary school! :eek:
can't believe I'm this old already :frown:

also: thanks for the merge! I tried to find the old thread but couldn't :colondollar:
(edited 11 years ago)
:creep: No longer a student.
Original post by TheUnbeliever

That went quickly didn't it? :tongue:

:eek3:
Reply 166
Original post by rawragee
Hi :biggrin:
not sure if this is too early or what, but thought I would have a bash at a leavers thread for all us "oldies" entering into our last year of secondary school! :eek:
can't believe I'm this old already :frown:

also: thanks for the merge! I tried to find the old thread but couldn't :colondollar:

Yup me neither, I've been watching the leavers threads since I joined this forum ages ago, and now I can take part in it. Weird.

Excited to make this last year though the best yet!
Original post by Kerrias
Yup me neither, I've been watching the leavers threads since I joined this forum ages ago, and now I can take part in it. Weird.

Excited to make this last year though the best yet!

Me too! :biggrin:
it's terrifying and exciting at the same time to finally be able to apply to university, yay for finally getting to experience the world more!
Me too! :biggrin:
it's terrifying and exciting at the same time to finally be able to apply to university, yay for finally getting to experience the world more!

Woo! I can screw up Experiments in Proper Labs soon!!
I am doing Advanced Higher History this year and its a pain in the but, a lot harder than i thought it would be but i really enjoyed Higher History. Were doing The american civil war as our topic and the teacher was going through what to write for our dissertation. Hopefully i am going to manage it. To be honest i am a bit worried that i have failed Higher English and will have to resit it again this year which would mean i would be sitting Higher English, int2 Maths, Higher Biology, Higher Art and AH History which might kill me :L.
Original post by WaterWillow
I am doing Advanced Higher History this year and its a pain in the but, a lot harder than i thought it would be but i really enjoyed Higher History. Were doing The american civil war as our topic and the teacher was going through what to write for our dissertation. Hopefully i am going to manage it. To be honest i am a bit worried that i have failed Higher English and will have to resit it again this year which would mean i would be sitting Higher English, int2 Maths, Higher Biology, Higher Art and AH History which might kill me :L.

woaaaah that's a lot of subjects! I do not envy you there at all :wink:
SCHOOL ON WEDNESDAY :eek:
I can't believe how much work I have to do and how little time I have to do it :frown:
I can't believe how much work I have to do and how little time I have to do it :frown:

The only thing I got better at in 6th year was procrastination.
Reply 173

You were given work to do over the summer? Cruel. So cruel. All you new 6th years returning to school this week... so sad :colone:

I feel we need some extra nostalgia to counteract your foray into the real world.

Tubs, me and ukdragon all on one page?? All we need is Rosie now!
Original post by Ecosse_14
:eek3:

I'm a 5th year now :p:
Original post by Meteorshower
I'm a 5th year now :p:

That is too scary!
Reply 177
Thought since the 5th years have a dedicated thread that us leavers deserved one too!

By now, most people are back right? So how is sixth year? Heh.

I took Adv Art, Adv Mods (which I took up after dropping Higher Product Design) and Higher Spanish! What do you all take, and are you having fun in your classes?

The annoying this is all our 6th year privileges have been taken away (leaving class 5 mins early before break/lunch/end of day, skipping the queue, playing cards, coming in to school late if you have frees in the morning etc.) and it's for no apparent reason! Management have something against us :frown:
Reply 179

Aw bugger. Thought I was being innovative. Thanks :0

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Latest