The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by izpenguin
Jealous again!!!!
I remember when I was in primary school I thoughtmy secondary school didn't do sports days, so after sports day in year 6 I thought I was free from it. I was so annoyed when I got into year 7 and realised I still had to do it.

Sports Days weren't so bad and in primary,there wasn't many people worse than me because I can't properly skip and I had to do Skipping races and always finished about half of the course behind the others.
That always happens at my school: the people who are absent when it is decided end up doing all the stuff no-one else wants to do.
I think I've jsut about got away with not doing anything this year (thank God)
I'm just happy this is my last sports day, because in year 11 you don't have it because it happens after you've left.

I'm probably going to see if I can convince my parents to let me refrain from going due to "self-esteem issues" (which, to be fair, are perfectly existant), but if not I'm going to hope that my sister has given me whatever made her quite ill last week.

Sometimes I wish I liked outdoorsy things. Then I realise I'm awesome :ahee:
When does evenyone finish school? What day? And does anyone else finish early on the last day?
I finish on Friday at noon (we always finish at noon on the last day before Christmas, Easter or summer)
When does evenyone finish school? What day? And does anyone else finish early on the last day?
I finish on Friday at noon (we always finish at noon on the last day before Christmas, Easter or summer)

sae as you friday at noon :biggrin: .. but for the first time in over 10 years ..our school has always worked to the last minute of term -.-

I finish at 1:30pm I know its ridiculous.
We finish at half twelve Friday :smile: love the last day, everyone is just CRAZY!

Ah dear, the other day someone asked my form tutor whether she had read fifty shades of grey.
'twas awkward...
Reply 4206
I did not know next year was going to be hard, but my teachers have been going at us about this! What are you gearing up for?
Original post by Swag hatter
We finish at half twelve Friday :smile: love the last day, everyone is just CRAZY!

Ah dear, the other day someone asked my form tutor whether she had read fifty shades of grey.
'twas awkward...

I already finished school and it's really quite boring spending your whole day watching TV shows...
Original post by themancunian
I already finished school and it's really quite boring spending your whole day watching TV shows...

Yea, usually I love the first couple of weeks of summer to catch up on hobbies etc that I had no time for in school time.
But after that I get a little bored...
Although school annoys me, I do like how it gives me something worthwhile to do and the drama of everyday is normally different whereas in the summer I don't see as many people so it's boooring..
Maths and Physics are my two main concerns; I want a job in either astrophysics or theoretical physics! It's going to be tough but you got to face it one day, onwards and forwards!

If you have any problems or things you would like to discuss feel free to pop-in to the current year 10 of 2012 thread and soon to be year 11 of 2013!

I finish on Friday but at 3:05, which is the normal end time for a school day. But I've got English last period, so we've managed to convince my teacher to have a "party" - basically where everyone eats their weight in chocolate and crisps and we watch Finding Nemo.
I don't see GCSEs as a big deal... :colondollar:

I finished on Friday :biggrin: - We had a full day 8:25 to 2:40 of doing pretty much nothing; tying up lose ends with teachers and saying farewell to them.
Original post by shadab786ahmed
I don't see GCSEs as a big deal... :colondollar:

They matter for college :P - No GCSE's = No A-Levels!
Yea, usually I love the first couple of weeks of summer to catch up on hobbies etc that I had no time for in school time.
But after that I get a little bored...
Although school annoys me, I do like how it gives me something worthwhile to do and the drama of everyday is normally different whereas in the summer I don't see as many people so it's boooring..

I'm just like this.. After the initial joy of having nothing to do passes, I start to want to go back to school (I know how sad this is by the way) and then the first day back goes really quickly and then I want to shoot myself so I don't have to put up with school.
I finished on Friday :biggrin: - We had a full day 8:25 to 2:40 of doing pretty much nothing; tying up lose ends with teachers and saying farewell to them.

You've already finished?! Agh. I've still got a week left, with the joy of having cocky 11 year olds running round the school grounds..
When does evenyone finish school?

Errmm... a week ago? :biggrin:

'twas awkward...

:lol: And had she?
They matter for college :P - No GCSE's = No A-Levels!

Okay, I'm bound to get GCSEs... They're not exactly hard, are they? /:smile:

Not sure when we finish, hopefully early :awesome: probably not though, but that's ok, I have English last period, and it will be the last lesson after we've finished Macbeth coursework with our English-hating, Media-heading teacher :awesome:

Is anyone doing/done AS Critical Thinking? Some of my year are doing it in Year 11 :biggrin:

EDIT: Including myself, if that wasn't implied :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by MangoFreak
Not sure when we finish, hopefully early :awesome: probably not though, but that's ok, I have English last period, and it will be the last lesson after we've finished Macbeth coursework with our English-hating, Media-heading teacher :awesome:

Is anyone doing/done AS Critical Thinking? Some of my year are doing it in Year 11 :biggrin:

Critical Thinking and General Studies - LMAO!:facepalm:

Latest