The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cazmaz
For the IO role smart dress , training is paid ..all wages one month in arrears .. I start at hounslow office this week . Be patient guys whole process taken me 6months

month in arrears for basic pay or just paid at the end of the month as it;s worked and allowances etc in arrears ?
Reply 1761
Original post by jungle1
Cool man. Did you get anything in the post about clearance?

Nothing about that. Just offered a few dates for start, and sent uniform order form.
Original post by RAFecon
It looks like Capita have struggled to do what they set out to do.
Right from the outset - The online tests were no where close to being as challenging as others that I have done. Maybe many candidates did well and achieved similar standards.

The fact that people were told that Capita were still waiting to receive their results while inviting others to interview casts further doubt on capitas capability.

I can't see Capita being used by the home office again once their contract has ended.

Yea, looks like capita dont have a clue of whats going on. I remember back on 07 they were using the agency called Barkers. They actually seemed to know what was going on.
Reply 1763
Hi everyone,

I have already have Immigration Officer experience (3yrs) I applied for ABFO but didn't get through the Interview although I thought I had done pretty well. My thoughts on this.......

I had very good examples and all from UK Border Agency.
I had the worst Interviewees ever.
The old bag from Capita didn't know anything about passports or visa's or how the UK Border Operates, so explaining the competences sometimes became confusing for her.

If higher officers in the UK Border Force did the interviewing, I would have got the Job as an ABFO. So they need to get rid of Capita.

I know have another chance for BFO next week - lets see what happens.....
Reply 1764
Original post by Krazy81
Hi everyone,

I have already have Immigration Officer experience (3yrs) I applied for ABFO but didn't get through the Interview although I thought I had done pretty well. My thoughts on this.......

The old bag from Capita didn't know anything about passports or visa's or how the UK Border Operates, so explaining the competences sometimes became confusing for her.

If higher officers in the UK Border Force did the interviewing, I would have got the Job as an ABFO. So they need to get rid of Capita.

You've had a response already?! When was your interview and when did you get your outcome email?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 1765
Interview was 2 weeks ago and got my response yesterday.
Reply 1766
Original post by Krazy81
Interview was 2 weeks ago and got my response yesterday.

Ah mine was 2 weeks ago today, hopefully I receive a positive response today!! Was that for caseworker?

Got interview for BFO tomorrow. Anyone had theirs recently?

How did it go?
Original post by Krazy81
Hi everyone,

who was the other interviewer ?

at my recent BFO interview there were two interviewers one from capitaand one from UKBA...
Reply 1769
Any more responses from interviews?? I'm still waiting! It's been 2 weeks and 1 day now!!

Original post by Law2013
Any more responses from interviews?? I'm still waiting! It's been 2 weeks and 1 day now!!

nope ive heard nothing following my caseworker interview last monday . i was hoping we would heard this week since the caseworker interviews are all done. maybe tomorrow .
Hi guys, wont believe what happened to me. Was supposed to have interview for BFO at 2 pm. Got there in plenty of time. When I got taken up, a lady asked for education certificates. When I showed it to her she said you need 2 C's for A-Level, and I only had one C and two D's. I explained that I had necessary experience and had gone for the same bloody interview last year. But no, I got shown the door.

What I dont understand is why didnt they check my application from before. I didnt lie about my grades, but they just wasted my time for no reason.

So there you have it guys, cant tell you anything about interview as I NEVER GOT INTERVIEWED!!".

P.S. Does anyone know how I can complain?
Original post by johnderby
Hi guys, wont believe what happened to me. Was supposed to have interview for BFO at 2 pm. Got there in plenty of time. When I got taken up, a lady asked for education certificates. When I showed it to her she said you need 2 C's for A-Level, and I only had one C and two D's. I explained that I had necessary experience and had gone for the same bloody interview last year. But no, I got shown the door.

What I dont understand is why didnt they check my application from before. I didnt lie about my grades, but they just wasted my time for no reason.

So there you have it guys, cant tell you anything about interview as I NEVER GOT INTERVIEWED!!".

oh wow that sounds harsh what did it say on the requirements on the job position i just remember it being a degree and i didnt show my a level certificates even though i got aab

edit ::it says on the description for caseworkers so im sure its similar for bfo 'Qualifications

2:2 Degree

or

5 GCSE’s including English language at grades A to C plus experience of working in a casework environment within a public service department or voluntary body or legal environment.

Experience/involvement in case management would be desirable but not essential as full training will be provided.

so maybe you shudnt have brung your a level certificates if they werent good grades, i think there an email you can complain hun
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1773
Hey John,

I feel gutted for you. You probably prepared for the Interview like i'm doing now.

Sorry to hear mate.

What is your background?
Reply 1774
Original post by johnderby

That's disgusting. But you know what I didn't even notice that you must have 2 A-Levels at grade C or above when I applied. Most jobs nowadays (especially civil service) add the proviso 'or significant relevant experience'. I don't have 2 A-Levels at grade C but I do have considerable experience. Including 5 years as an Entry Clearance Officer abroad with UKBA. And 2 years in a law enforcement role. Perhaps my lack of A-levels is why I didn't get an interview and got put on the 'reserve list'. Clearly experience counts for nothing.

Still I'm sure they're hiring the right people. I mean, Capita seem to be running a pretty efficient campaign!

In terms of complaining, this is the procedure as per the Capita BFO website. I emailed the guy in question about another matter over a week ago. But he hasn't replied:

The Department’s recruitment processes are underpinned by the principle of selection for appointment on merit on the basis of fair and open competition as outlined in the Civil Service Commissioner’s Code which can be found at www.civilservicecommissioners.org. If you feel your application has not been treated in accordance with the Code and you wish to make a complaint, you should contact David Barnes - [email protected] in the first instance.
Original post by Krazy81
Hey John,

I feel gutted for you. You probably prepared for the Interview like i'm doing now.

Sorry to hear mate.

What is your background?

Hi mate,

I saw your message whilst I was waiting in reception. I come from a casework background in banks. I applied for the same role not so long ago and got to the interview stage. I was later told that I was very close but one of my examples was not up to scratch.

Either way, good luck mate.
Offered appointment as ABFO. Awaiting security clearance....anyone else at this stage?
Reply 1777
Been offered an Analyst role at Sainsburys thankfully so no longer have to worry about Capitas next move!

Think I will be there or there abouts for a BFO offer but will most likely turn it down.

Good luck to those who have interviews this week. Recite the core competency framework to the letter and they'll consider you've met the criteria I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by danz_daman
Offered appointment as ABFO. Awaiting security clearance....anyone else at this stage?

What location did you apply for? And when did you have your interview?
Reply 1779
Original post by Redthing
Been offered an Analyst role at Sainsburys thankfully so no longer have to worry about Capitas next move!

Think I will be there or there abouts for a BFO offer but will most likely turn it down.

Good luck to those who have interviews this week. Recite the core competency framework to the letter and they'll consider you've met the criteria I promise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations on the Sainsbury's job!

I've also been offered a job since embarking on this whole debacle with Capita. With the MOD. Their recruitment was handled in-house and done extremely efficiently and professionally.

Unlike Capita.

Quick Reply

Latest