The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Need cheap car insurance follow my Instagram page @insurancequotes_uk for more information
Reply 2221
Original post by LeaX
I'm buying my first car this weekend and I need to sort insurance out but I don't know who to go with. I have a provisional license and I have no idea how long it will take me to pass my test (I've only had three lessons so far but I'm learning automatic so it's going at a decent rate). My cheapest quotes for a provisional license are £450 per yr however the cheapest insurer for a provisional license is not the cheapest for a full license so I don't know who to go with. I don't know if I can get a provisional insurance and then once I pass my test cancel it and then start a new policy with whoever is cheapest for a full license holder?

I've heard of Collingwood Learners and don't know whether to go with them first until I pass my test? I can get 4 months for £280? My Dad will be able to drive my car through his insurance but my Mum won't.

Any advice please? Being an adult is soo confusing lol

Just me a message and i can give you a call and give you a hand. Cheers
Can anyone help me out? I am looking at an ep2 civic sport so 2001-2005 1.6l and I'm getting quotes of £2000 which is fine although pricey of course. However, I would like a civic with alloy wheels and seats changed to the type r bucket seats. Declaring the alloys, my quote goes up to £2700 and the seats as well as alloys brings it up to £3300. Is there any way around this or anywhere I can go for cheaper quotes? Been using money supermarket atm.
Anyone help me out too? I want to be an additional driver on my sisters policy (who's 26), I won't be breaking the law as I won't be driving more than her. However, when I look for the quote, the best I can find is always £5k+. My parents are both on the policy too as named drivers, both of whom have been driving more than 20 years, and have no claims in the past 5 years. I believe my sister has 4 years no claim bonus.
Original post by Airfairy
Can someone tell me why my car insurance has gone up £120 this year? Literally the only change is that I got a job. Could that be the reason?

It could be.
Get quotes from different companies. Dont just renew with who you are with.
Original post by NOP97
How much would you guys pay for insurance on a 2013 Polo? Brand new driver, with pass plus. Quotes are coming back to 2500. Ridiculous.

:frown:

Pass plus doesnt help im afraid.
Original post by AKC...
Anyone help me out too? I want to be an additional driver on my sisters policy (who's 26), I won't be breaking the law as I won't be driving more than her. However, when I look for the quote, the best I can find is always £5k+. My parents are both on the policy too as named drivers, both of whom have been driving more than 20 years, and have no claims in the past 5 years. I believe my sister has 4 years no claim bonus.

It would probably be cheaper just to take out your own policy on your own car.
Can anyone explain what happens when you change your car and need to tell your insurance provider about it?

Say if your new car comes with a higher premium, do you simply pay the difference between the new car and the old car's premium (I already made an annual payment for the old car).
Hi, I've got a 2009 1.2l fiat 500 lounge car. I'm 23 and I'm just about to take my 2nd test. I'm looking at insurance and the cheapest quote I have is £1518 which is fine but many of the insurers fit a black box. I'd consider myself a safe driver (or that I will be a safe driver when I eventually pass my test haha!). My commute will be quite long and will involve some country roads as I work in the countryside. I've seen that with these black boxes, the cost could literally change month to month. I mean it could go down but what if it goes up stupidly like from £200ish to something crazy like £500 a month or something.

Anyone else had experience of using a box? I understand there is a cost to install the box, is there an equivalent phone app any insurance companies use?
Gender: malePolicy Start Date:Full name: DOB: Full Address: Car Reg: Make
Reply 2230
I found that through looking at comparison websites, my average quote was around £1600, one of them being from Admiral. However, when applying for a quote directly on Admiral's website, my quote was just over £900. Really interesting. Maybe give that a go.
Original post by Meus
I found that through looking at comparison websites, my average quote was around £1600, one of them being from Admiral. However, when applying for a quote directly on Admiral's website, my quote was just over £900. Really interesting. Maybe give that a go.

Hi there!

You've just bumped an ancient thread from 2010. In future please check dates before posting.

For the new updates car insurance guide, amazingly made by @IWMTom :five:, then click here.

Thread closed.

Latest