The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by a.m.a.n.da
are we allowed to change or subjects once we get in, say from physics to math or even philosophy? i know its a large spectrum but is it possible or will i have to take another test?

You can literally change anything, as long as you're still doing the right subjects that the IB require. You will not have to do another test, it's really flexible
I got in!
Original post by therud3ntstoom
I got in!

me too !!!
Reply 583
Original post by therud3ntstoom
I got in!

Congrats!!! :smile:
Original post by madboo
Congrats!!! :smile:

thanks !!! how did you do :smile:
I got in as well! :smile:
Sameee :biggrin:
where are you guys from :-)
Reply 588
Original post by a.m.a.n.da
thanks !!! how did you do :smile:

I actually have been at the school since year 9 😂
Reply 589
Original post by tangent16
thirdcultureteen, are you taking Maths Extension at HL currently? If you are, could you tell me a bit about the different extension sets (Pure and Mechanics)?

There aren't really enough people who take extension (pure) or mechanics each year, so there's only one set for extension. Many more people opt for Mech (engineers) and there are typically 2 sets. Also, people regularly drop out over time because of difficulty, workload etc. but especially after interviews in U6.
(current Upper 6th student at Soaks)
Reply 590
Original post by madboo
You can literally change anything, as long as you're still doing the right subjects that the IB require. You will not have to do another test, it's really flexible

I second that - it's ultra flexible. Around a 20% of the whole year change their subjects in some way in the first month and its really not uncommon at all to switch after christmas (current U6 soaks student)
Reply 591
I have a friend she will study in sevenoaks school in 2016 for A level. I admire her study ability a lot. She get IELTS band 7.0 and use 4 months to study 6 GCSE subjects.
thirdcultureteen, are you taking Maths Extension at HL currently? If you are, could you tell me a bit about the different extension sets (Pure and Mechanics)?

Hi sorry just saw this. I don't do Maths Extension because it takes up my frees, but it's split into Further Mathematics and Mechanics. The main difference is that people who want to do engineering do mechanics and people who are interested in doing math at uni (or just those who need to do the STEP exam) do further maths.
How are the exams?
Original post by Ellen P Z
How are the exams?

Hey are you also applying to Sevenaoks?
What's your email>
Hey guys! Have any of you received the academic scholarship invitation from Sevenoaks? :smile:

I did, results tomorrow. :frown:
Reply 597
hi! i got put on the sevenoaks waitlist & they say they'll contact me by Jan if any places are available. is anyone in a similar situation or know about the chances of getting in if you're on the waitlist? thanks!
Original post by fiont
hi! i got put on the sevenoaks waitlist & they say they'll contact me by Jan if any places are available. is anyone in a similar situation or know about the chances of getting in if you're on the waitlist? thanks!

Same here
Reply 599
did they tell you they'd contact you by Jan if any places are vacated? I've heard that typical waitlist emails tell you final decisions will be out by March or April rather than January, so maybe that means we have a good chance? Fingers crossed!! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending