The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Biology 6BI04 8th June 2015 ~ 6BIO5 17th June 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sumguy69
Im retaking Biology unit 1 this year and I'm averaging an A atm for it but i failed unit 2 and my school aren't letting me retake it...what is the maximum grade i can get overall for A2 as I need a B for Biology to get into my firm university choice?

It all depends on your modular UMS scores, post them and somebody will be able to help

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got 54 ums for unit 2 and im retaking unit 1 this year and averaging high As if thats any help and got 44 on as CW which was a B
Original post by sumguy69
I got 54 ums for unit 2 and im retaking unit 1 this year and averaging high As if thats any help and got 44 on as CW which was a B

you need another 322 ums to get a B overall. If you get for example 110/120 on your unit 1 resit you need a total of 212/300 UMS across your A2 modules to get a B overall, so essentially you'd need an average of a B across A2. I'd still suggest to do your best no matter what and don't think too much about achieving a certain number, otherwise it might lead to disappointment.
Original post by Hectors
you need another 322 ums to get a B overall. If you get for example 110/120 on your unit 1 resit you need a total of 212/300 UMS across your A2 modules to get a B overall, so essentially you'd need an average of a B across A2. I'd still suggest to do your best no matter what and don't think too much about achieving a certain number, otherwise it might lead to disappointment.

what grades for unit 4 and 5 would i need to get if i got a B again or A for A2 cw that add up to 212/300ums. To achieve a B would be the ideal circumstance but I'd be happy achieving a C based on achieving an E overall in as (E in unit 2 that i have to keep now-.-)
Does anyone know anything about this years (2016) article and the synoptic link
Hey There is a whatsapp group based on revision for Biology There are About 25 A2 students in which we all help each other and you can send your questions there. If you are interested reply with your number so that I can add you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can someone link me to the unit 5 June 2016 article
Original post by JP 98
Can someone link me to the unit 5 June 2016 article

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3895665
found here on the last page

Posted from TSR Mobile
does anyone have any ideas how topics and going to be related i.e AS and A2 topics. Maybe like a brainstorm of the possible links.
Original post by Hellper
does anyone have any ideas how topics and going to be related i.e AS and A2 topics. Maybe like a brainstorm of the possible links.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BymD5DhLTD45MjF1SHJVb3J4S28&usp=drive_web#grid
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jaska
In terms of the markscheme, they are the same. But in reality ATPase is the opposite of ATP synthase, its hydrolyses ATP into ADP and Pi.

In reality, an enzyme has to catalyst both the forward and reverse reaction otherwise it's not a proper catalyst! So structurally and chemically they are the same thing. In the biology world, scientists use different names for each direction of the synthesis of ATP and the break down of ATP to distinguish between the two.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending