The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial College Applicants 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by thecsstudent
OMG they actually accepted me! As I said I needed 43 with 777 and a 2 in STEP I for Computing and I got 42 with 776 so I was sure I'd get rejected but my track just updated to say they accepted me! They must have a lot of places for Computing because they didn't even wait for my STEP results or A level results (they emailed me last week saying they'd contact me if any places were available after A level results). I hope this isn't a mistake I'm ecstatic right now!

massive cograts ! you deserve it !!!
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by Duke Glacia
massive cograts ! you deserve it !!!

thanks so much!
OMG they actually accepted me! As I said I needed 43 with 777 and a 2 in STEP I for Computing and I got 42 with 776 so I was sure I'd get rejected but my track just updated to say they accepted me! They must have a lot of places for Computing because they didn't even wait for my STEP results or A level results (they emailed me last week saying they'd contact me if any places were available after A level results). I hope this isn't a mistake I'm ecstatic right now!

Congrats!!! :smile: Soso happy for you!

Yayyy welcome to the party! :biggrin:
Does anyone know what number to call if you miss your offer?
Original post by longsightdon

Original post by longsightdon

I'm assuming it's one of the ones on https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/apply/contact/
Call the one whose faculty corresponds to your degree
Are there any facebook group chats for imperial? Most of the applicant pages seem pretty dead
Original post by rich1334
Are there any facebook group chats for imperial? Most of the applicant pages seem pretty dead

Well, it is Imperial…
Original post by marioman
Well, it is Imperial…

I know, I know. I finally come out of my shell during A levels and end up at Imperial...way to nip it in the bud haha
Reply 6950
Anyone have any idea on how the bursary scheme works? Imperial say they'll only consider you for bursary if you've applied for government grants but this is no longer available unless you're disabled?
I know, I know. I finally come out of my shell during A levels and end up at Imperial...way to nip it in the bud haha

no one has anything to talk about since most of us are just waiting for results
Original post by Yua
Anyone have any idea on how the bursary scheme works? Imperial say they'll only consider you for bursary if you've applied for government grants but this is no longer available unless you're disabled?

If you're assessed to have a family income of less than 60,000 by student finance, then imperial will give you a bursary depending on how the income is. The max is 5000 a year, and I believe it is given in monthly installments over 10 months. So if you got the max, that's 500 a month for 10 months.

You'd have to check imperial's bursary website to try and find the exact values for the max, min and the rates in between.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm Imperial's Number One Alum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by GradeA*UnderA
I'm Imperial's Number One Alum :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Teach me, O genius lord!
Original post by oShahpo
Teach me, O genius lord!

Do a Joint Honours BA in Civil Engineering and Disney Art.
Reply 6957
Original post by MahuduElec
If you're assessed to have a family income of less than 60,000 by student finance, then imperial will give you a bursary depending on how the income is. The max is 5000 a year, and I believe it is given in monthly installments over 10 months. So if you got the max, that's 500 a month for 10 months.

You'd have to check imperial's bursary website to try and find the exact values for the max, min and the rates in between.

Posted from TSR Mobile

do they assess everyone?
Original post by Yua
do they assess everyone?

Your parents need to fill out a form to give details of your family income. All the information is provided during the Student Finance application process.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1628498290744220/
This is probably what you're looking for, there's not much going on at the moment because as you know, results day hasn't happened yet...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending