The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bammy jastard 27
What do you mean by the new generation? As in second generation immigrants? I am a second generation immigrant and tbh all my siblings have similar views to mine and have integrated to society fairly well.

Also in major cities you will have the old generation generally staying in areas that have a high level of their people there, it's no surprise that asians will generally chill with one another in that sense, however in schools where there is a fair amount of multi culture they will integrate fairly well. Heck I went to university where the population was 90% white(although more mixed at the actual university) and well I settled fine.

New generation as in 2nd generation immigrants yeah, people like you and me. Also how well certain people integrate is highly linked with their educational background from what I've seen

Original post by sevchenko
Yeah that case in London I guess could the same be said for places up north with asian populations?

I can only assume so. Living within a small asian population doesn't stop our generation from integrating down here. I mean there's large asian populations within London as it is, not sure why it'd be too different up north.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zerforax
Nintendo shares plummet after it points out it doesn't make Pokémon Go

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2016/jul/25/pokemon-go-nintendo-shares-tokyo-stock-exchange-niantic

:colondollar:

Well ahead of you there mate, already sold them.
Original post by sr90
Well ahead of you there mate, already sold them.

Very nice! How much profit did you manage to work?
Original post by Zerforax
Very nice! How much profit did you manage to work?

Around £200 :colondollar: Paid off a chunk of my credit card bill and the rest got reinvested elsewhere. Not much fun I know.

My colleague put in £500 and doubled his money.
*insert joke about profits being sent to his best friend*
Original post by sr90
Around £200 :colondollar: Paid off a chunk of my credit card bill and the rest got reinvested elsewhere. Not much fun I know.

My colleague put in £500 and doubled his money.

Great work for a quick bit of turn around.
Reply 7446
Imagine the scenes if Trump actually won...

One way ticket to Canada.
Surely not even American's are that stupid.

Would be absolute top bants though. Guarantee he'd be assassinated.

Hilary's not much better, actually more corrupt and dodgy if anything.
Original post by Jimmy Seville

American's
Reply 7449
Original post by Jimmy Seville

Yeah ain't had a president assassination for ages but I think he'll break that duck.
Decorating our new business premises.. heading out to japan on Saturday - its a bad time for my savings right now! :frown:
Trump wouldn't even be that bad. He's saying what people want to hear, he's making controversial statements because the media is by election standard letting him run a campaign for free. Don't forget this guy used to be a democrat supporter. I think he's loves the attention and playing his support like a fiddle.

Being elected president doesn't make you a dictator, the vast majority of the stuff he's saying is unconstitutional or will be struck down by the Supreme Court. He's got no friends in congress. It's simply not going anywhere. That's assuming he even wanted to, which I honestly doubt.

The problem isn't Trump anyway. He's just a candidate. The problem is he's a candidate with large support. Once Hilary wins, Trump goes away but the million of Americans who identified with him for various reasons won't.

Much like the whole UKIP Brexit thing there are two games the political one, UKIP lost, and the one of where society is heading and that will manifest itself somewhere else if those concerns remains, like all those people who didn't vote for UKIP but still identified with what they stood for.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hillary is just as bad as Trump anyway.
Original post by difeo
American's

Absolute
Reply 7454
Anyone seen The Night Of? Pretty good so far.

Starring Riz Ahmad and has Bodie and Omar from The Wire. Was gassed when I saw them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rk2k14

Starring Riz Ahmad and has Bodie and Omar from The Wire. Was gassed when I saw them.

no
Original post by Rk2k14

no
Original post by Rk2k14

no
Original post by Rk2k14

no
Reply 7459
Original post by Rk2k14

no