The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Art Foundation

I have received an offer from Loughborough for the Art & Design Foundation course. However, it did not say on the letter the date of when the course starts and I have checked the website. It's my birthday in September and I want to go to Paris with a few friends so I don't want this to interfere with my foundation course.

Does anyone know of the arrival date for art foundation or perhaps remember what date it started last year?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Art Foundation starts at the same time as everything else at Loughborough. I'm sure you can look up term start dates, but it will be the very end of september/start of October :smile:
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by lapinou
I have received an offer from Loughborough for the Art & Design Foundation course. However, it did not say on the letter the date of when the course starts and I have checked the website. It's my birthday in September and I want to go to Paris with a few friends so I don't want this to interfere with my foundation course.

Does anyone know of the arrival date for art foundation or perhaps remember what date it started last year?

Says on UCAS
Reply 3
Original post by lapinou

In my letter it said the course begins Monday 3rd October :smile:
Reply 4
Yep 3rd of October :smile:
Usually always first week of october :smile: so the 3rd, same as everyone else.
Bear in mind that freshers' week will start before your course starts. :wink: Most people arrive around September 26th.
Reply 7
I would also bare in mind that we have to do a summer project! I'm guessing we get that after they receive our results :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by mollymoo
I would also bare in mind that we have to do a summer project! I'm guessing we get that after they receive our results :smile:

any idea what sort of project this is? is this supposed to take up a lot of the summer?
Reply 9
Original post by Katharine
any idea what sort of project this is? is this supposed to take up a lot of the summer?

Sorry for the late reply, last years was artist research and a photography project. The better you do it the longer it will take i guess. Have you confirmed Loughborough?
Reply 10
Original post by mollymoo
Sorry for the late reply, last years was artist research and a photography project. The better you do it the longer it will take i guess. Have you confirmed Loughborough?

Project?? Argh, I knew there was a catch with it starting late ¬_¬
Reply 11
Original post by QuirkyDoDo

Very annoying. Glanced at last years art foundation fb page and loads of people were fretting about it, but spoke to someone who is there and she said it wasnt too bad. I guess we get it after results, so bye bye fun end of summer
Reply 12
Original post by QuirkyDoDo

that's ok! I just looked on that fb page, the project seems to be a nightmare for a lot of people, damn it! I hope they set a good fun project for us. I'm sure it'll be easy enough to make the project co-inside with summer anyway, as long as we don't leave the whole lot until last minute and just keep things going throughout the time. Does it worry you that we're starting late, coz we'll still have to build up a portfolio ready for UCAS applications? Yeah I've accepted the offer now :smile: WOO exciting stuff!
Reply 13
that's ok! I just looked on that fb page, the project seems to be a nightmare for a lot of people, damn it! I hope they set a good fun project for us. I'm sure it'll be easy enough to make the project co-inside with summer anyway, as long as we don't leave the whole lot until last minute and just keep things going throughout the time. Does it worry you that we're starting late, coz we'll still have to build up a portfolio ready for UCAS applications? Yeah I've accepted the offer now :smile: WOO exciting stuff!

I have an issue with leaving things to the last minute, I set out to do it all, I don't know, I get sidetracked. About starting late, do you know, I didn't even think about it that way, I guess the summer project, if we do it to a good standard, is about as productive as those weeks we miss out whilst all the other schools start the course? And oo cool! I really need to make myself a facebook profile haha, would be nice to get to talk to a few people beforehand!
Reply 14

I have an issue with leaving things to the last minute, I set out to do it all, I don't know, I get sidetracked. About starting late, do you know, I didn't even think about it that way, I guess the summer project, if we do it to a good standard, is about as productive as those weeks where all the other schools start the course, just, we haven't officially started yet (did that even make sense? Its earlyy haha)? And oo cool! I really need to make myself a facebook profile haha, would be nice to get to talk to a few people beforehand!
Reply 15

I have an issue with leaving things to the last minute, I set out to do it all, I don't know, I get sidetracked. About starting late, do you know, I didn't even think about it that way, I guess the summer project, if we do it to a good standard, is about as productive as those weeks where all the other schools start the course, just, we haven't officially started yet (did that even make sense? Its earlyy haha)? And oo cool! I really need to make myself a facebook profile haha, would be nice to get to talk to a few people beforehand!
Reply 16
sorry to be coming in late in your conversation, and basically my parents were considering going on holiday around september time and wanted to know when freshers was so they could drop me on time, and I rang up LUSAD admissions and they said it started on the 3rd October.

very confusing!!

oh and it's really gonna be annoying doing a summer project when we don't even know what they expect from us! :s-smilie:.

I hope we can apply for accommodation soon! :smile:
Original post by r05hni
sorry to be coming in late in your conversation, and basically my parents were considering going on holiday around september time and wanted to know when freshers was so they could drop me on time, and I rang up LUSAD admissions and they said it started on the 3rd October.

The course starts on October 3rd. When freshers' week starts will depend on your hall as there are three possible dates for arriving, typically around September 26th.

I hope we can apply for accommodation soon! :smile:

Sometime in early May you'll get an email telling you about it. Early June you will be able to apply (or late May if your offer is unconditional). :smile:
Reply 18
That all sounds pretty good! :smile:

Maybe a stupid question, but after our foundation year (and if we plan on doing our degree at Loughborough) as we will most likely have to pay the increased tuition fees, do you think that the student tuition loan will be able to cover it?
Reply 19
Original post by r05hni
That all sounds pretty good! :smile:

Maybe a stupid question, but after our foundation year (and if we plan on doing our degree at Loughborough) as we will most likely have to pay the increased tuition fees, do you think that the student tuition loan will be able to cover it?

I think that it will, if not, it will hopefully cover most of it =S
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending