The Student Room Group

Embarrassing things in every day life

When ever something embarrassing happens to me, i always say to myself(after the humiliation) one day im going to look back and laugh...so this thread is just for that-laughing at your/and others embarrassing moments

Embarrassing things that happend to me :

* slipping on icy snow when i'm by my self, in front of strangers, then getting back up acting like nothing happend

* dropping ketchup at the front of my skirt in school, running to the toilet to wipe it of...then when getting to the toilet realising why all the teachers and the guys were giving me weird looks:colondollar:

* dad not really paying attention in parents evening...then teacher asking does she always talk alot at home, then he replies "oh yeah yeah"

* we had a supply teacher, and in my class no one was really paying attention, so eveyone is shouting so they could hear their own voice, my friend was telling me about how her dad was helping her lil sister at home make tiny animals then i said "your dad is soo cute" not realising that the head tecaher was in and the class was dead silent:colondollar: everyone looked and a few girls said ooooh.

sooo embarrasseing. :colondollar::colondollar::colondollar:

i'll add more if other embarrassing things happen (and i know it will!)

tell me your embarrassing stories...
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
My stomach growling out of hunger during in an appointment with a lecturer. She must have thought I'd farted or something :s-smilie:

But I remembered that I apologized and I told her I was really hungry and she said "Then you must get something for it then-smile" lol.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 2
walking into a transparent door :/
Reply 3
Original post by kimmey
walking into a transparent door :/

My cat did that as well. Funny as hell.
Not having enough money on you debit/credit card when you want to pay for somthing expensive.
Boner during a presentation would be hilarious. :mmm:

Saying hello to someone among a group of people and they don't hear you.
Getting on the bus and realising you forgot your oyster card.
Reply 7
Remember, guys. In terms of not being a stuck-up boring person...

Shameful is good. Shameless is better! ;D

edit~ negs from boring haters.
(edited 12 years ago)
Being the last one to find my seat in an exam... by about 10 minutes. :sigh:
Also someone waving at you and you wave back only for you to realise that they were waving at the person behind you.
Pissed myself at karate when someone kicked me in the bladder.

I win?
When someone says 'hello, how are you?' and you think they are talking to you when they are actually on the phone. This happens all the time at work, wish people would not use their phones at the till.

In choir when I thought the conductor pointed at me to sing a solo so I stood up and then he said no Rachael, I was actually pointing at the girl behind you.

Turning up to my music mock GCSE an hour late. My SEN teacher had made this big colourful timetable and put the wrong time on.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
That time I was at some rock club at University and a cool song from my childhood came on, as soon as my foot touched the dancefloor(moshpit), I somehow slipped up and fell in front of a bunch of burly white guys.
Reply 13
Original post by Ice Constricter
Getting on the bus and realising you forgot your oyster card.

That's not embarrassing, that's :mad:!

Owh the long walk home just to get the bloody card!

And you know what's the best part? You have money but only paper money, and it's in 10 pound notes which the bus driver will never take.:s-smilie:

Horrible day. :cry:
Reply 14
Running to get a bus with is beginning to pull out. Everyone on the bus is looking at you but the bus drives off regardless. Now you have to stand in humiliation while everyone else at the bus stop waiting for different busses secretly laughs at you.
Original post by KatieKate
Pissed myself at karate when someone kicked me in the bladder.

I win?

Good job they didnt kick you in the bum
Slipping over, bashing your elbow on ice and a burly builder comes over to give me a hand whilst I pretend nothings happened. Arm effing hurt and had a huge bruise not long afterwards.

Also I walked off to the bus stop to find my Oyster card & money have fallen out my pocket and was just where I had fallen. Thank goodness it was still there when I went back. :colondollar:

Falling UP an escalator and a lil' ol' lady asks 'you alright dear?'

Falling up an escalator before an important Uni exam as flip flop got stuck. Blood everywhere. Effing hurt.

Falling up the stairs at work bashed knee-loads of concerned staff. :colondollar:

I need to learn how to walk/run up stairs.
Reply 17
Original post by Reflexive
Good job they didnt kick you in the bum

LMAO!
Reply 18
I've had three that make me wince every time I think about them:

1) I was in Carlisle, listening to music and looking at my phone and I was heading to GAME the shop. I had a rough idea of where it was, and out the top of my eye I could see the purple of the storefront. However, right next door there was also an Ann Summers shop, with a similar coloured storefront. It wasn't until I walked in, realised there was a step where there hadn't been one before and looked up to see about thirty women from the ages of about 30 down to 15 staring at me. Time. ****ing. Stopped. I wasn't sure if I should tell them I'd walked into the wrong shop, because they'd all think I was in there being a perv or retarded for not getting the right shop or something. All the time I was thinking this, seconds ticked on, and everyone kept staring at me and eventually I backed out into a group of 19 year old girls... It wasn't a good day.

2) Mountain biking on the fell and there was this huge, (like 200 hundred odd), crowd of people all sitting along the sides of this mountain biking path. I went through the first lot without much bother, but they were all watching me and I hate that sort of look people give you. Anyway, got to a jump, did it well but landed and my wheel washed out. The laughs, the s******* and finally the "Are you OK?" I tried to make a joke of it and that failed worse then the jump... :no:

3) Back in Carlisle, when I was younger I loved jumping those bollard things. I had really baggy jeans on, caught the bottom on the bollard and full on faceplanted the ground right in the town centre. Broke my nose, got laughed at by other people and nothing hurt as much as my pride. :frown:

Those would be my three, the first being by far the most embarrassing... Was so tempted to make it sound like I was buying something for a girlfriend I didn't have at the time... But no, I froze and when I did move it was straight into a group of attractive, female women who were my own age.
Original post by I<3LAMP
Slipping over, bashing your elbow on ice and a burly builder comes over to give me a hand whilst I pretend nothings happened. Arm effing hurt and had a huge bruise not long afterwards.

Also I walked off to the bus stop to find my Oyster card &amp; money have fallen out my pocket and was just where I had fallen. Thank goodness it was still there when I went back. :colondollar:

Falling UP an escalator and a lil' ol' lady asks 'you alright dear?'

Falling up an escalator before an important Uni exam as flip flop got stuck. Blood everywhere. Effing hurt.

Falling up the stairs at work bashed knee-loads of concerned staff. :colondollar:

I need to learn how to walk/run up stairs.

You sound clumsy like me! I was looking for a tent peg behind a pathing stone and it fell on my leg. My parents were sure I'd gave broken my ankle (I had flip flops on) I didn't luckily but I still have the scars on my leg! Lol :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest