The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I will be driving at night ( well after 10) at like once or twice a month. Does this severly affect the premium ?
Reply 41
Original post by bijesh12
I will be driving at night ( well after 10) at like once or twice a month. Does this severly affect the premium ?

They're fine if it's one off since they take an average over 90 days. Basically if you're hitting 5s and you get a 1/2 for driving late at night once?

It won't really change the average much as long as you drive normally every other day.

It will affect your safe driving score if you're doing it a lot. Other than that, I cant see it being a problem :smile:
I use this, and it's been by far the most reasonable quote, considering my circumstances.
It saves me £3k, so even if it is a bit frustrating to be 'watched' I'd rather have it and the money!

I have actually found it from time to time useful -it's like having a little voice telling you that you should slow down etc (obv. there's no actual voice!) and I think in the long run I drive safer because of it.

I have 5s all round except for aceleration/braking, which is 4.2 which is very good considering I feel as if I acc/brake quite harshly.

If you don't drive like a **** you'll be fine!
Reply 43
Original post by thefunktopus69
I use this, and it's been by far the most reasonable quote, considering my circumstances.
It saves me £3k, so even if it is a bit frustrating to be 'watched' I'd rather have it and the money!

I have actually found it from time to time useful -it's like having a little voice telling you that you should slow down etc (obv. there's no actual voice!) and I think in the long run I drive safer because of it.

I have 5s all round except for aceleration/braking, which is 4.2 which is very good considering I feel as if I acc/brake quite harshly.

If you don't drive like a **** you'll be fine!

I am on 4.7 for braking and accelerating, everything else is 5s. I always put my foot down quite frequently so I don't think it's that sensitive lol. Good thing really :biggrin:.

Finally another person who has this, all of my friends are now getting this after paying 3/4k last year :colone:
Reply 44
Seems as if it'll be alright then, I just got to take care of speeding. I tend to brake harsly at times, try avoiding that now. Its definitely the best company for any young driver, I even got a quote for 25000 that just made me LOL
Original post by Doctor.
I am on 4.7 for braking and accelerating, everything else is 5s. I always put my foot down quite frequently so I don't think it's that sensitive lol. Good thing really :biggrin:.

Finally another person who has this, all of my friends are now getting this after paying 3/4k last year :colone:

I am paying 3k for even this :frown:

But I am main driver in dodgy post code area so reasonable-ish.

I doubt my car would accelerate quickly enough for it to notice -I've had my foot all the way down in third and I still get 4.02 -the mighty power of 60 horses (at least when new!)
Reply 46
I am paying 3k for even this :frown:

But I am main driver in dodgy post code area so reasonable-ish.

I doubt my car would accelerate quickly enough for it to notice -I've had my foot all the way down in third and I still get 4.02 -the mighty power of 60 horses (at least when new!)

Fair enough, I live in like the lowest rated area :angry: annoying because my area is really nice. Just lots of chavs crash round the corner because they think they're 'well ard'.

Anyway, your premium will fall soon :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by Doctor.
Went for a long drive yesterday and I'm still on all 5s. I like this insurance :biggrin:

Hmm what car do you drive? I keep getting an average/low score on the acceleration part yet I don't think i'm accelerating hard or breaking hard at all.

I have been with them for over 3 months now and got my refund mind you.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by MeineJunge
Hmm what car do you drive? I keep getting an average/low score on the acceleration part yet I don't think i'm accelerating hard or breaking hard at all.

Fair enough, I drive a Toyota Yarris. I guess it could be sensitivity of your device I guess :s-smilie:

Coincidentally what was your refund -you can say as a percentage if you'd like.
Reply 50
What is the "Road Type Usage"- It still says check back in 3 days, its been quite a bit more than 3 days lol :P.

Does it show up for anyone else? If so what is it!! :biggrin:
Original post by Doctor.
What is the "Road Type Usage"- It still says check back in 3 days, its been quite a bit more than 3 days lol :P.

Does it show up for anyone else? If so what is it!! :biggrin:

This exact thing happens to me!
I was wondering whether to ask here!
I guess it must need a large aggregate over a month or so.
Reply 52
This exact thing happens to me!
I was wondering whether to ask here!
I guess it must need a large aggregate over a month or so.

ah that's good, atleast im not the only one lol :smile:
Original post by Doctor.
ah that's good, atleast im not the only one lol :smile:

My cornering went tits up yesterday -down from consistent fives suddenly to 2.8!
Can't seem to remeber that I did anything differently except went for a drive on a motorway.
Reply 54
My cornering went tits up yesterday -down from consistent fives suddenly to 2.8!
Can't seem to remeber that I did anything differently except went for a drive on a motorway.

You didn't do a left turn in 70 MPH haha. Guess it doesn't enjoy fast speeds :frown:. Not tried on moterways, fastest I've been going is 40. Sometimes 43 by accident lol
Reply 55
Coincidentally what was your refund -you can say as a percentage if you'd like.

£230 with the premium being £2500
Reply 56
£230 with the premium being £2500

Ouch that is a pricey premium. There are quite a few tricks with Co-Op to get your quote down. (When you're getting a quote)
Reply 57
Original post by Doctor.
Ouch that is a pricey premium. There are quite a few tricks with Co-Op to get your quote down. (When you're getting a quote)

What are these tricks?
Reply 58
Original post by Akmeeda
What are these tricks?

Be truthful when it tells you to put in the main drivers mileage. For example I put my dads mileage to 15k. Now I get my insurance for £1000 :wink:

-The higher the cheaper :P
Original post by Doctor.

At least it's not £3.2k...

Latest