The Student Room Group
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website

University Of Buckingham

Hey :smile: attending the university of Buckingham starting september 2012?
i will be to study Economics and French
how do you feel about the 2 years thing? probably gonna be intensive right?

Scroll to see replies

I think I'll apply for Sep aswell however I think it's worth noting that
a) two years is short, kinda ruins the fun in going to university
b) the nightlife there is dry
University of Buckingham
University of Buckingham
Buckingham
Visit website
Reply 2
yeh i know. i went to visit the university and its a village!!
though milton keynes is nearby
also yeh two years of intense work probably would be depressing *sigh* what d you want to study?
Reply 3
Original post by BrownBarbie

also yeh two years of intense work probably would be depressing *sigh* what d you want to study?

The first year (strictly nine months) really isn't intense as like every other university, the first year doesn't count towards the final degree.
yeh i know. i went to visit the university and its a village!!
though milton keynes is nearby

aha i know, it's very small. MK is nearby but I just don't like the vibe of it, been there hundreds of times, can't imagine a good nightlife there tbh.
I guess so but theres only like a 1000 people at the uni, so small :\
Law, you?
Reply 5
Original post by Silver Aurora

aha i know, it's very small. MK is nearby but I just don't like the vibe of it, been there hundreds of times, can't imagine a good nightlife there tbh.
I guess so but theres only like a 1000 people at the uni, so small :\
Law, you?

Have you seen the employment rates (after 6 months) for Law? They're fairly high, though, the high number of international students definitely has a part to play in that.
Original post by RP-MRU.
Have you seen the employment rates (after 6 months) for Law? They're fairly high, though, the high number of international students definitely has a part to play in that.

I suppose its more that but yeah, I'd rather have fun tbh aha
Reply 7

I suppose its more that but yeah, I'd rather have fun tbh aha

I see what you mean though. Oh well, it can't be too bad!
Reply 8
Original post by RP-MRU.
Oh well, it can't be too bad!

It is pretty bad. A large collection of films and TV shows is a must.
Original post by RP-MRU.
I see what you mean though. Oh well, it can't be too bad!

Haha probably is gonna be bad, small number of people, most never even grew up in England. MK/Oxford is the only decent place nearby ( half an hour ). It's a year shorter then everywhere else :/
Reply 10
Original post by Disgrace
It is pretty bad. A large collection of films and TV shows is a must.

how do YOU know that its pretty bad? assumption or?

Because common sense would say cite so
Reply 12

I'm a second year student here.
I'm a second year student here.

How's the university campus, girls, social scene, academics?
Reply 14
Original post by paul.walker9090
How's the university campus, girls, social scene, academics?

Go through my posting history, as it's the only thing I talk about as I try and make up for the serious lack of representatives and therefore information on the internet about this place.

In a nutshell: the campus is small, the girls on the night scene are no different to the rest of the UK, the social scene is appalling and academically the university is just fine.
Go through my posting history, as it's the only thing I talk about as I try and make up for the serious lack of representatives and therefore information on the internet about this place.

In a nutshell: the campus is small, the girls on the night scene are no different to the rest of the UK, the social scene is appalling and academically the university is just fine.

I am only interested because of the short 2 year length of the Law course. I heard there are a lot of international students who don't speak english, is that true? Also, i was reading on other posts that the girls are really ugly and don't relax, party etc!!
I am only interested because of the short 2 year length of the Law course. I heard there are a lot of international students who don't speak english, is that true? Also, i was reading on other posts that the girls are really ugly and don't relax, party etc!!

I want to know about this aswell, don't want to waste two years.
Also, anyone with any idea if the two years actually benefit greatly?
I want to know about this aswell, don't want to waste two years.
Also, anyone with any idea if the two years actually benefit greatly?

I hope the campus and accommodation rooms are decent. I was reading on other posts that its really good with academics but sucks with the social scene. Apparantly, most students are international and it aint good for us guys cuz not many good looking girls attend!!
Reply 18

I hope the campus and accommodation rooms are decent. I was reading on other posts that its really good with academics but sucks with the social scene. Apparantly, most students are international and it aint good for us guys cuz not many good looking girls attend!!

looooool yeh i heard the exact same thing. *sigh* did you apply there?
looooool yeh i heard the exact same thing. *sigh* did you apply there?

Yeah i have applied for Law. Sent my application to them in december, still waiting to hear back.

Which course have you applied to?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending