The Student Room Group
Liverpool Hope University
Liverpool
Visit website

UoL Vine Court?

Hi! I'm going to the University of Liverpool next Sept (2012) and right now I'm considering my accommodation choices... I'm having a hard time trying to choose what/which I like the best. Pretty much my only requirement is that it's self-catered. I'm wondering if anyone knows anything about the new halls Vine Court? I have only found very little information online... I'm wondering about prices and what kind of students their looking for there (1st years)? I'm hoping it would be about the same cost that the other halls en-suite self-catered, about £93...

Thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
http://www.liv.ac.uk/study/publications/Accommodation_Guide_2012.pdf theres a bit of information on there :smile: plus theres an open day in feb/march. im thinking of vine court too haha cause it'll be brand new and stuff! whatre you studying? :smile:) xx
Liverpool
Visit website
Reply 2
Imma be studying Marine Biology :smile: Yea I've read that, but unfortunately I can't attend the open day, since I live in Finland... But I'm sure I want to go to Vine Court. If you (or anyone) is going to the open day and they talk about Vine Court, then please share here :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Wadewade
Imma be studying Marine Biology :smile: Yea I've read that, but unfortunately I can't attend the open day, since I live in Finland... But I'm sure I want to go to Vine Court. If you (or anyone) is going to the open day and they talk about Vine Court, then please share here :smile:

I'll be attending the open day so I'll try and remember and let you know what it's like! I hope that I can get into Vine Court, since it'll of only just been builtttt and new! x
Reply 4
Hey I went to the Liverpool accommodation open day yesterday and had a look at Vine court. it looks really nice; you can choose between double or single beds but there's only about 67 self catering rooms for 1st years. they haven't got exact prices yet but they've said it's going to be between 120-160 a week for a 42 week contract. hope this helps :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by polly pie
Hey I went to the Liverpool accommodation open day yesterday and had a look at Vine court. it looks really nice; you can choose between double or single beds but there's only about 67 self catering rooms for 1st years. they haven't got exact prices yet but they've said it's going to be between 120-160 a week for a 42 week contract. hope this helps :smile:

ahh thankyou. i take it rooms with a double bed would be more expensive.. and only 67?? strange..its supposed to be making like rooms for 700 students haha :frown: thankyou though! x
Reply 6
Original post by zoeclarex
ahh thankyou. i take it rooms with a double bed would be more expensive.. and only 67?? strange..its supposed to be making like rooms for 700 students haha :frown: thankyou though! x

yeah there's 700 rooms but only about 370 of them are for 1st years and of them only 67 are self catering the rest are catered
Original post by polly pie

Really!? Is that for catered or self-catering? I went and it looks amazing. :smile:
Reply 8
Original post by Kandy_Kain_94
Really!? Is that for catered or self-catering? I went and it looks amazing. :smile:

i know it does look great! :smile: the prices are still being comfirmed but i'm guessing that it's gonna be 160 for a catered, double room and 120 for a self catered, single and then the other 2 options will be somewhere in between. catered is always more expensive and i'm assuming you'll have to pay more for a double bed x
Vine court looks really great, from what I saw on their website there will be like 250ish ensuite catered rooms and 400ish ensuite self catered ones. I hope they will post up the prices before we can apply for accommodation, I would really love to stay there!
Original post by Wadewade

Interesting, I used to do that course but changed as it wasn't for me. Let me know if you want to know anything about the 1st year. They're still being built at the moment, they look enormous and you'll have the advantage of being right by the library and tesco.
(edited 12 years ago)
Is Vine Court on campus?
Original post by gloriousballs
Is Vine Court on campus?

Yes it's on-campus. It's around 400ft from UOLs art gallery.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 13
Am looking at Vine Court as well. :smile:
Has anyone put this as their first choice? I wanted to go to Opal but it says it's fully booked now and this was my second choice :smile:
Original post by itsdanielle
Has anyone put this as their first choice? I wanted to go to Opal but it says it's fully booked now and this was my second choice :smile:

I put it as my 2nd choice, chose Prospect Point as my first, Vine seemed quite expensive
Reply 16
Hey guys, I am going to be a Liverpool university in September and Ive put in vine court as my option, I don't suppose anyone has any pictures they could upload on here so I could take a look at the rooms, Ive tried looking online but it doesn't seem that anyone has uploaded any.
Reply 17
Hi I have been offered a room at Vine Court for this Septemeber I was wondering if anyone else has confirmed their choice?? xx
Reply 18
Original post by martyowl
Hi I have been offered a room at Vine Court for this Septemeber I was wondering if anyone else has confirmed their choice?? xx

Hi, I've just accepted a room offer for Vine ct too :smile::biggrin:
Reply 19
awhhh damn ive had to decline the room now cos i can't afford it...what course are you doing at Liverpool?? xx

Quick Reply

Latest