The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Right then, got my new tv on insurance a business model 2011 panasonic 42 inch 1080p screen.

Pic is even more amazing than my old tv just cant do much yet as my cables are a little too short to run along so have to have them over my floor and I need a new stand for it so its leaning against my window at moment so not best position for gaming.

Missed playing BF3 and MW3
Just thought I'd pop in - I'm about to get a PS3 (2 days!) to mostly replace (apart from EVE, RTSs and some Valve gameS) my PC and 360 (Halo has lost it's charm, not much else for me on there whilst I feel like I'm missing a lot on the PS3).

Aside from Uncharted and GT5, can anyone recommend me some other games for it? Must confess I don't know too much about the exclusives for PS3, never really looked at what's available.

Journey looks amazing, have to say it's one of the reasons why I moved back to Sony and I can't wait to start playing it come Wednesday.

Any exclusives on the horizon?
Reply 6502
Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
Just thought I'd pop in - I'm about to get a PS3 (2 days!) to mostly replace (apart from EVE, RTSs and some Valve gameS) my PC and 360 (Halo has lost it's charm, not much else for me on there whilst I feel like I'm missing a lot on the PS3).

Aside from Uncharted and GT5, can anyone recommend me some other games for it? Must confess I don't know too much about the exclusives for PS3, never really looked at what's available.

Journey looks amazing, have to say it's one of the reasons why I moved back to Sony and I can't wait to start playing it come Wednesday.

Infamous franchise

:smile: or :mad: - u decide...
Reply 6503

There is a link in the OP to the PS3 wiki with games people here recommend :smile:

But off the top of my head Motorstorm Apocalypse Infamous and Killzone 3 are well worth purchasing and they are cheap!

Welcome! :wavey:

You're just looking for exclusives? Okay, well there's an excellent back-catalogue that you ca take advantage of :biggrin: Aside from Uncharted and GT5 which you mention, try some of these:

Metal Gear Solid 4

inFamous 1 and 2

Ratchet and Clank

Valkyria Chronicles

Killzone 2 and 3

Resistance 1, 2 and 3

LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2

The IKO and Shadow of the Colossus Collection

God of War 3

In terms of upcoming exclusives, The Last of Us and The Last Guardian (though when that'll be released is anyone's guess...), plus there's a whole load of big titles shared with other consoles. More to come at E3, I think...
Original post by dhr90
There is a link in the OP to the PS3 wiki with games people here recommend :smile:
Indeed, though it's in need of an update :sadnod: (but thanks to those who have contributed there recently!)
Original post by Illusionary

You're just looking for exclusives? Okay, well there's an excellent back-catalogue that you ca take advantage of :biggrin: Aside from Uncharted and GT5 which you mention, try some of these:

Metal Gear Solid 4

inFamous 1 and 2

Ratchet and Clank

Valkyria Chronicles

Killzone 2 and 3

Resistance 1, 2 and 3

LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2

God of War 3

In terms of upcoming exclusives, The Last of Us and The Last Guardian (though when that'll be released is anyone's guess...), plus there's a whole load of big titles shared with other consoles. More to come at E3, I think...

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have to go check 'em out :biggrin:

Got it today, finished Journey and loved it. General impressions of the PS3 overall are that it's simply a better built machine than the 360 - menu is a lot easier to use than the botched Metro on the new 360 interface (Metro is awesome but looks crap on the 360 :frown:) and the store, for example, is just easier to use than it is on the 360. Dead happy with it, frankly don't know why I didn't get one sooner.

Got it today, finished Journey and loved it. General impressions of the PS3 overall are that it's simply a better built machine than the 360 - menu is a lot easier to use than the botched Metro on the new 360 interface (Metro is awesome but looks crap on the 360 :frown:) and the store, for example, is just easier to use than it is on the 360. Dead happy with it, frankly don't know why I didn't get one sooner.

Glad to hear that you're so impressed :biggrin:
Reply 6508

Looks like we have saved another person from the gloomy depths of the 360soc on page 5 of the forums :biggrin:

Metal Gear Solid 4

inFamous 1 and 2

Ratchet and Clank

Valkyria Chronicles

Killzone 2 and 3

Resistance 1, 2 and 3

LittleBigPlanet 1 and 2

God of War 3

Ratchet and Clank.... finally found somebody who likes this franchise..... :woo:

Ratchet and clank was my first game on my PS2.... loved it (especially Up your arsenal)....then went on to PS3 and got all 3 copies for my self...first thing..... (although they wer not as great as dey should have been) :s-smilie:

BTW was wondering how do u become a mod???
Reply 6510
Original post by Nikstar95
Ratchet and Clank.... finally found somebody who likes this franchise..... :woo:

Ratchet and clank was my first game on my PS2.... loved it (especially Up your arsenal)....then went on to PS3 and got all 3 copies for my self...first thing..... (although they wer not as great as dey should have been) :s-smilie:

Illusionary isn't just a mod....he's a supermod. :biggrin:

I like Ratchet & Clank. :smile:
Original post by kuks

:rofl:

Original post by Nikstar95

:five: The HD collection's coming soon as well.

Take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1329559 :smile:
Original post by spikeymike
I like Ratchet & Clank. :smile:

WOOOHOOOO Today is my lucky day... found 2 Ratchet and Clank fans!!! :dance:

BTW wich is ur fav weapon???

Mine is Rhyno.... and also Hk21 .... I hated zodiac!!! :biggrin:
Original post by kuks

HAHAHHAHAHA!!!! Nice one!! :borat: Especially the Pic!!!!
:rofl:

:five: The HD collection's coming soon as well.

Take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1329559 :smile:

Yep I know... thankz for the tip!!! :smile:

So you basically have to be evrywer so ppl know about you n den can vote for u to become a MOD!!!

OHHH u wer MOD of the year in 10 and 11!!! :cheers: Hope u can make it a hat-trick!! :wink:
Reply 6516
My ps3 just died on me about 10 minutes ago. I think its YLOD. Firstly anyway of fixing this baring in mind I have very little experience with taking apart eletronics.

Secondly do people think its worth buying a new console or should I just wait for the next gen?
Original post by Aj12
My ps3 just died on me about 10 minutes ago. I think its YLOD. Firstly anyway of fixing this baring in mind I have very little experience with taking apart eletronics.

Secondly do people think its worth buying a new console or should I just wait for the next gen?

If you have many games you want to play on the PS3 now, then yes either get it fixed or get a new one. It'll be ages for PS4 and it'll be (prolly) doubly as expensive as a PS3 now.
Original post by Aj12

depends how much you play tbh.

if it happened to me i wouldn't wait.
Reply 6519
Original post by Kevin J
depends how much you play tbh.

if it happened to me i wouldn't wait.

Yeah, I can get one for 200 quid and I'm back from uni in 3 weeks for summer so will likely get it then.

Latest