The Student Room Group

What is my Body Fat %

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sil3nt_cha0s
Strong chest acne.

You look about 12.5%, maybe a bit more. Get more muscle on you (I'm guessing you don't even bench 2 plates yet), then cut.

Whats bench numbers got to do with anything

strength =/= size

OP dont 'bulk'

Gain 1-2 lb a month SLOWLY
Reply 21
Original post by Average_Aaron
15?! the ****?

He's 10% tops

Original post by Average_Aaron
Whats bench numbers got to do with anything

strength =/= size

OP dont 'bulk'

Gain 1-2 lb a month SLOWLY

Yeah my chest looks weak but I can bench over my bodyweight. I weigh 69kg and last time I tried I could do 85kg for 5.

My deadlift is 125kg * 10 reps (no more weights left at home).

I was initially trying to get stronger relative to my body weight.

What kinda exercises are you recommending. Squats deadlifts, military press and bench?

Also how many calories do you recommend I eat then? Is it like 250 above my metabolic rate?

Whether I am 10% or not, I don't feel it, so it doesn't really matter. I'd rather be over estimated at 15% than think I'm lean when I'm not lol. My skin is "loose" in most lighting.

Though I'll post a pic in a sec with better lighting, might help people make a better estimate.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 22
Untitled (1) 0 00 10-23 (2).jpg

Do I look 15% here?

I feel that I look leaner here than my other pics. The other pics I took were in modest lighting. This is just outside instead of indoors, nothin fancy.

I feel that the lighting makes a big difference. Even a genuine 8% guy would look flat from some angles. Or am I just over thinking everything?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 23
Original post by Arcanine
Yeah I read that the OP thought he was 7%, my bad. But my part about him needing to bulk still stands.

Do you mean that I need to bulk in order for me to have a tight skin and lean appearance when I hit a low fat %, and that if I don't bulk I won't be able to achieve that "look"...

Or is that just you saying I need to bulk, based on your standards of how big people should be? Because I know there are people on here that are obsessed with bulking that tell most people they're tiny just because they aren't interested in bodybuilding and becoming hench etc.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 24
Your lifts are good...just need to keep training and eating IMO. You're in a great position where you're lean and strong...no need to do anything drastic.

Maybe get some more plates or squat stands if you haven't got some. Extra mass will always look better in a T-shirt which you spend most of your time in. At 10% natural and below you generally look crappy in clothes unless been training 5 years or got a big frame.
You are 10% tops like I said

You are much much leaner than 15% believe me
Reply 26
Original post by Chrisateen
why don't you post your pics in the bodybuilding.com forum. You probably would get a better estimate from there than on here

You got a bodyspace Chrisateen? Would be nice to have a British gal on there for once! :biggrin:
Original post by RhiiSparks
You got a bodyspace Chrisateen? Would be nice to have a British gal on there for once! :biggrin:

Yes I do. I posted pics of myself but took it down after a few days. I usually just lurk on the forum and don't post on it very often. However probably when I start bulking in the autumn I am going to start posting on there more often
Reply 28
Yes I do. I posted pics of myself but took it down after a few days. I usually just lurk on the forum and don't post on it very often. However probably when I start bulking in the autumn I am going to start posting on there more often

Yeah I'm the same to be honest although I'm gonna try and use it more hopefully, it can be so useful for keeping track of my progress! :smile:
Reply 29
Dude, you should probably get a cream for that chest thing.

Also, round about 10%
Yeah I'm the same to be honest although I'm gonna try and use it more hopefully, it can be so useful for keeping track of my progress! :smile:

What's your goal/aim?
Original post by tamimi

This X 10
Reply 32
What's your goal/aim?

Mainly strength at the moment combined with better flexibility and endurance (cardio and strength-wise). Because of my sport I'm mainly focusing on my squats and other lower body exercises although obviously there's still enough upper involved :tongue:

What about yours? I saw your transformation stats on another thread btw, congrats! :biggrin:
Mainly strength at the moment combined with better flexibility and endurance (cardio and strength-wise). Because of my sport I'm mainly focusing on my squats and other lower body exercises although obviously there's still enough upper involved :tongue:

What about yours? I saw your transformation stats on another thread btw, congrats! :biggrin:

My aim is to lose the last few pounds then go on a few bulk and cut cycles until I am happy with my body. When I do my first bulk I'm going to focus on my abs & calves
Reply 34
My aim is to lose the last few pounds then go on a few bulk and cut cycles until I am happy with my body. When I do my first bulk I'm going to focus on my abs & calves

Sounds good. You got a nutrition plan or anything going? I'm re-starting carb cycling in a couple of weeks once I've settled into my new gym routine.
Sounds good. You got a nutrition plan or anything going? I'm re-starting carb cycling in a couple of weeks once I've settled into my new gym routine.

I use myfitnesspal to track my calories and how much fat, protein and carbs I am eating a day. As long as I stick to my goals I tend to eat what I want within reason
Original post by The_1
Untitled (1) 0 00 10-23 (2).jpg

Do I look 15% here?

I feel that I look leaner here than my other pics. The other pics I took were in modest lighting. This is just outside instead of indoors, nothin fancy.

I feel that the lighting makes a big difference. Even a genuine 8% guy would look flat from some angles. Or am I just over thinking everything?

You are definitely lower than 15%. I'm 15.5% and you have noticeably leaner than I look. I'd say closer to 12%.
Reply 37
Original post by tamimi

Also, round about 10%

Original post by Scoobiedoobiedo
This X 10

They're actually scars. My acne used to be even worse. Sucks.

Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
You are definitely lower than 15%. I'm 15.5% and you have noticeably leaner than I look. I'd say closer to 12%.

Alrighty. Do you think it's essential that I bulk in order to get that real tight skin/lean look at single digit % fat? Or will I look "loose skin" if I don't bulk up more.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by The_1
They're actually scars. My acne used to be even worse. Sucks.

Alrighty. Do you think it's essential that I bulk in order to get that real tight skin/lean look at single digit % fat? Or will I look "loose skin" if I don't bulk up more.

Not essential depends on your goals really, if you drop your bf more you'll get that tight skin look, judging by your pictures you do have the muscle for it. Depends on how big you want to be really.
Reply 39
Original post by EonBlueApocalypse
Not essential depends on your goals really, if you drop your bf more you'll get that tight skin look, judging by your pictures you do have the muscle for it. Depends on how big you want to be really.

Okay. Yeah I am happy with my size because I do athletics and don't want to get bigger for no reason unless I'm gaining more strength than weight from doing it.

I'll carry on and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest