The Student Room Group

Chemistry Unit 2 Edexcel, Exam- 23rd May 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
does anyone have the unofficial mark scheme for this paper??
Guys what was the shape of Carbocation with 3 alkyl groups attached???
Original post by delphinas
That is a JOKE :biggrin:

I did write that in the exam believe it or not -_-
I think I got mixed up with the spirit having chemical added, to make it unsafe to drink.
Oh well the examiner gets a good laugh :frown:
However you can't exactly disagree with that not being a disadvantage :biggrin:

I hope I got the next question right atleast....
Petrol is mixed with Ammonia ... to make it more efficient in terms of power?
Reply 1323
Original post by Bord3r
I'm pretty sure it was CO2.

edit; Not sure can someone clarify this?

I just looked up the reaction (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fossil_fuel_reforming), and that article quotes this as the equation:

CH4 + H2O CO + 3 H2

No idea what Edexcel will say though...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1324
Original post by adi_cool 01
heyy...actually the advantage of the smell is we can find out if the fuel leaks...so any fuel leaks when we r usin ammonia then we can find it out with the pungent smell...i guesses so!! :smile::smile:

LOL i wrote we could use it in perfume manufacture.............
Original post by Arusa01
LOL! I wish.

And haha you used up mine to BITCH!. :biggrin: hehe.

hoping for not-too-high grade boundaries :s-smilie:
Lol jk, you didn't use up all my rep, it was just some randomer enjoying the convo :wink:

Well, I'll save my super witty comments for when your rep has been restored...
Original post by Dovah13
i dont mean to be a troll but LOOOOOL why would anyone drink a fuel?

OMG. I WROTE the saaaaaame thing. i said that babies and kids are less likely to drink it :biggrin: becuase theyd feel that its poisonous. haha
Reply 1327
i wrote some may enjoy smell, also if unofficial mark scheme out?
Reply 1328
Original post by egg123
i wrote some may enjoy smell, also if unofficial mark scheme out?

haha I am guessing you havent smelled ammonia :P
Reply 1329
Original post by Honey:)

LOL i am actually close to tears - to be fair ammonia is probably what they use in sex panther cologne...along with bits of real panther
Original post by Honey:)

HAHAHA!
Love all these answers!
i think examiners wuld laugh at seeing ur answers and would wonder wow what a hilarious answer i am impressed. then they would tick ur answer as right :P :wink:
Original post by shahlakh
i think examiners wuld laugh at seeing ur answers and would wonder wow what a hilarious answer i am impressed. then they would tick ur answer as right :P :wink:

if you got marked for writing funny answers then i wouldn't be taking 9 exams this season...
Reply 1333
but i am pretty sure if someone put an adiddas label on a bottle of ammonia, most of us would buy it XD
Examiners can sometimes be really strict, give that they have to read the whole exam paper, they might take marks from you, who would know why.

Some got U grade in a subject, he re-marked it and it turned to an A, thats how examiners can go.
Reply 1335
Original post by UserInvalid
Examiners can sometimes be really strict, give that they have to read the whole exam paper, they might take marks from you, who would know why.

Some got U grade in a subject, he re-marked it and it turned to an A, thats how examiners can go.

Sorry but this is the biggest made up crap i ever heard, nobody will believe this lol
Reply 1336
Original post by UserInvalid

They will also probably take a crack at you in the examiner's report !
What you've answered for question "Suggest Why they mixed ammonia with petrol" something like that?

I said, that it would make easier to ignite a fuel as ammonia itself is hard to ignite...

It was just a total guess coz I had no IDEA lol.
Original post by MarshmallowBob
someone already did a few posts back.

omg where can you link me please?
I failed unti 2 last year. This year it wasn't too bad. But loads of people at my sixth form left 20-30 minutes early cos they couldn't do lots of the questions!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending