The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Student Castle

Hi, Ok im new here so if I posted this on the wrong thread, please forgive me.

anyway so yeah, Anyone here gonna live in Student Castle Manchester? :biggrin:
Reply 1
Hi! Will you be living there from sept '12? I can't really find many reviews on it, I went for a veiwing but only got to see the showroom, as the actual building has not been completed yet, slightly wary of placing a deposit and signing a contract just in case it hasn't been completed by sept! The layout and organisation does look great though :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Reply 2
yes! i am gonna be there from september 2012 to june 2015!. well it is a new company, so there's not a lot of reviews but it is best place i saw in manchester. when i saw the room, the location and the actual building, I was pretty impressed. In fact i've already booked a place. I am not being biased here or anything, I mean i've visited the other places as well such as unite and mill point, but i still picked student castle.

It's gonna be completed, actually it is almost finished, plus i think if they didnt finish the building on time and you already gave a deposit, they can refund your money back and help u out to get a temporary room. Im not sure, but you dont have to worry about it.
Reply 3
Original post by ctgmart
yes! i am gonna be there from september 2012 to june 2015!. well it is a new company, so there's not a lot of reviews but it is best place i saw in manchester. when i saw the room, the location and the actual building, I was pretty impressed. In fact i've already booked a place. I am not being biased here or anything, I mean i've visited the other places as well such as unite and mill point, but i still picked student castle.

It's gonna be completed, actually it is almost finished, plus i think if they didnt finish the building on time and you already gave a deposit, they can refund your money back and help u out to get a temporary room. Im not sure, but you dont have to worry about it.

Yeahhhh I booked my room back in January, can't wait!
Reply 4
Yeahhhh I booked my room back in January, can't wait!

YES! at last a fellow building-mate!

what floor did u take bro?
Reply 5
Original post by ctgmart
YES! at last a fellow building-mate!

what floor did u take bro?

Haha, I got tower 1 on 9th floor. Wanted higher up but they'd all sold out for tower 1. Yourself?
Reply 6
Haha, I got tower 1 on 9th floor. Wanted higher up but they'd all sold out for tower 1. Yourself?

Yeah Higher floor got good view! XD well Im not sure what tower I'm at, but my room is on the 30th Floor.

ow yeah apparently there is a pent house as well on the highest floor! Imagine taking that room! XD

where u from bro?
Reply 7
Original post by ctgmart
Yeah Higher floor got good view! XD well Im not sure what tower I'm at, but my room is on the 30th Floor.

ow yeah apparently there is a pent house as well on the highest floor! Imagine taking that room! XD

where u from bro?

Wowww. Good floor that haha. I think there is, floor 34 i think? Huge demand for it though so it probably went in an instant.

From Bolton so not far from Manchester but dislike the commute every day and wanted move out, you going mmu or uni of?
Reply 8
Wowww. Good floor that haha. I think there is, floor 34 i think? Huge demand for it though so it probably went in an instant.

From Bolton so not far from Manchester but dislike the commute every day and wanted move out, you going mmu or uni of?

Yeah, I asked them about the floor 34 but i was too late! :s i wanted to get it but urggh.. XD

oh nice, well same here anyway, I live in bramhall lane so very close to manc as well but i want to be closer to uni, and u know be independent and all.

Im going to University of Manchester. what about you?
Reply 9
Is there anyone staying here who's going to be studying at the manchester college (northenden campus)?
Reply 10
Is there anyone staying here who's going to be studying at the manchester college (northenden campus)?

No, I'm going to university of Manchester :smile:

are you staying at student castle?
Reply 11
How far from Student Castle to MMU Hollings Campus ? anybody know ?

I wanna know how long if I take a bus to there everyday. Is it easy ?

I really wanna live in city centre rather than near the campus.
Reply 12

I'm not really that familiar in MMU holling campus but according to google, MMU holling campus is 44 mins away by walk, and 38 mins by bus.

Im guessing its really not that far, sometimes google is exaggerated but yeah.
Original post by fashionis

Original post by ctgmart
I'm not really that familiar in MMU holling campus but according to google, MMU holling campus is 44 mins away by walk, and 38 mins by bus.

Im guessing its really not that far, sometimes google is exaggerated but yeah.

38 mins does sound way too much. I'd say 25-30 minutes top.
Original post by fashionis

Hollings Campus (is it just me, or does it look a lot like a toast rack?) is right next to UoM's Fallowfield Campus, so you can just take those times and apply them to Hollings TBH.
Reply 15
Original post by ctgmart
No, I'm going to university of Manchester :smile:

are you staying at student castle?

Hopefully I am but I can't book a room until I've had my interview at the college which is in August! Just incase I'm not accepted or if I decide I dont like the look of the college then I'd loose the deposit. If all goes well i'll have my interview and i can come home and book a room straight away, so fingers crossed there'll be a room left! A studio room would be ok too I just really want to live there! :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 16
Hopefully I am but I can't book a room until I've had my interview at the college which is in August! Just incase I'm not accepted or if I decide I dont like the look of the college then I'd loose the deposit. If all goes well i'll have my interview and i can come home and book a room straight away, so fingers crossed there'll be a room left! A studio room would be ok too I just really want to live there!

yeah it is a nice place, the best student private accommodation in Manchester imo.
and yeah Im sure there will be some rooms left for you to take! :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ctgmart
yeah it is a nice place, the best student private accommodation in Manchester imo.
and yeah Im sure there will be some rooms left for you to take! :smile:

Yeah hopefully :smile: what are you going to study?

Quick Reply

Latest