The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Adriennet
psychology, philosophy, ict, english lit and science in society :smile: u ?

Nice :smile:

I'm taking: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry and biology :biggrin:
yh im staying on at my current school lol, are u ? I was gonna take economics but opted for psychology cos i do it for GCSE and find it really interesting :smile: and thank you! I have no idea :s-smilie: :confused: u? it really stresses me out sometimes but I'm hoping my subjects can be applied to a lot...

Yep, I am!
I would be really weird though:/
Ohh--Nice! That's really cool. I did Business Studies for GCSE and I really enjoyed it which is why I had picked Economics for A-Level:smile:
I always change my mind, but I want to become a journalist (a newspaper one).
You don't have to be set on a career path yet, you have until Uni to decide on what you wanna become!:h:
Original post by justanotherindigo
Yep, I am!
I would be really weird though:/
Ohh--Nice! That's really cool. I did Business Studies for GCSE and I really enjoyed it which is why I had picked Economics for A-Level:smile:
I always change my mind, but I want to become a journalist (a newspaper one).
You don't have to be set on a career path yet, you have until Uni to decide on what you wanna become!:h:

true! I done critical thinking last year too so I can drop one or swap it for another if i want. my sister did a journalism course at uni but I don't think it would suit me...
Original post by usycool1

woah! have fun! :tongue: I was gonna do maths but I hate shape and GCSE is just boring me lol...
Cool:tongue:
Neither have I for Unit 1:/
That's a really good plan! haha--we used to have a test after every maths lesson to see whether we understood the topic properly, and I have done pretty well in them:smile: I also did a practise paper and I got an A, but I need to brush up on some weird topics then I could get that A*.
Good Luck!:smile: x

Good luck to you too! Yeah, I need to work on graph transformations :/ for some reason I can't get them into my head!
true! I done critical thinking last year too so I can drop one or swap it for another if i want. my sister did a journalism course at uni but I don't think it would suit me...

haha:smile:
That's really cool! I would have done Critical Thinking, but it's not on offer:frown:
Aww:hugs: How did she find it, if you don't mind me asking of course?:wink:
woah! have fun! :tongue: I was gonna do maths but I hate shape and GCSE is just boring me lol...

Lol thanks :tongue: AS maths is much more interesting than GCSE imo :smile: Not too sure about Further maths, though :smile:
Original post by paperclip345
Good luck to you too! Yeah, I need to work on graph transformations :/ for some reason I can't get them into my head!

Thanks! You will ace the exam:]
One thing that I am always stuck on is simultaneous equations--the signs just drive me crazy!:woo:
Just do a lot practise and you'll do great:smile:
psychology, philosophy, ict, english lit and science in society :smile: u ?

What's science in society?
Thanks! You will ace the exam:]
One thing that I am always stuck on is simultaneous equations--the signs just drive me crazy!:woo:
Just do a lot practise and you'll do great:smile:

Thanks :smile: Yeah I think for my revision I'll do practice papers then more difficult questions on the A* topics :smile: What grade are you aiming for?
Thanks :smile: Yeah I think for my revision I'll do practice papers then more difficult questions on the A* topics :smile: What grade are you aiming for?

Your welcome!
That's what I am doing aswell, so I'm with you with this one!
I am predicted and aiming for an A*, which hopefully I will achieve:biggrin:
What A* topics do you need help on? I be able to help you out, and I have a practise book called 'Targeting A and A*', so if you want to practise further- then I'll give you some of the questions if that's okay?
They are really challenging questions though!:colondollar:
haha:smile:
That's really cool! I would have done Critical Thinking, but it's not on offer:frown:
Aww:hugs: How did she find it, if you don't mind me asking of course?:wink:

awww! it was quite interesting. next yr our school are only offering it to people who get A*'s minimum cos of how bad the results were from last years 12's. :/ our year ten class done better though I think there was a lot of E's and U's still :s and tbh she didn't like it cos she said it was boring but she did eng as a minor and she liked that. she's gt an internship too with journalism and she loves that, she just didnt like the degree... =/

Lol thanks :tongue: AS maths is much more interesting than GCSE imo :smile: Not too sure about Further maths, though :smile:

i got told it was a LOT of work and that even though i'd b able to cope with it i may want to reconsider taking english with it cos thats meant to b a lot too. but im wayy better in eng than maths! and our school dont reccomend further maths for us ahaha. good luck!

What's science in society?

An As. You don't do it for a level about science in the real world. by doing it and the extended project - the project is complusory in my school anyway- you get the baccalaureate which is another qualification. although if i dont like it i can drop it and just use my crit result. but our school wont let us do 5 As's unless one of them is that or citezenship and you need 8A's/ a*'s GCSEs i think, which i may not get.
awww! it was quite interesting. next yr our school are only offering it to people who get A*'s minimum cos of how bad the results were from last years 12's. :/ our year ten class done better though I think there was a lot of E's and U's still :s and tbh she didn't like it cos she said it was boring but she did eng as a minor and she liked that. she's gt an internship too with journalism and she loves that, she just didnt like the degree... =/

Oh wow!
Is it hard though, regarding that it would only be offered to those who get A*'s?
Really? I would like to do an academic degree, so something like Classics or Latin... that would be cool!
Good Luck to her!:jumphug:
Your welcome!
That's what I am doing aswell, so I'm with you with this one!
I am predicted and aiming for an A*, which hopefully I will achieve:biggrin:
What A* topics do you need help on? I be able to help you out, and I have a practise book called 'Targeting A and A*', so if you want to practise further- then I'll give you some of the questions if that's okay?
They are really challenging questions though!:colondollar:

I haven't really identified any topics that desperately need revision except for that. If any come up over the next few days of revision I'll ask you for sure :biggrin: I'm scared that I'm being a bit complacent though :s-smilie: I find most of maths quite easy, and all of my friends doing AS Maths this year keep on going on about how easy maths is haha, so I haven't given it much attention
Oh wow!
Is it hard though, regarding that it would only be offered to those who get A*'s?
Really? I would like to do an academic degree, so something like Classics or Latin... that would be cool!
Good Luck to her!:jumphug:

i think its hard cos u cant really revise for it and it's really specific on the mark scheme. also it really depends what topic you have. i resat unit 2 cos the first unit was aout the economy and china and their product development and i didnt no anything about it and normally background knowledge is required. I think i scraped a c so i wanted to resit it and the new paper i did was about prostitutes! it was soo funny and i couldnt stop laughing when i opened the exam. there was like five of us in the hall or sniggering or trying not to laugh and the examiner had to remind us that we were in a public exam and to b in exam conditions. what was worse was that one q asked about dehumanising and my friend didnt no wot that meant so thought de-human and wrote about aliens having sex. :colondollar: she told me this as soon as we finished the exam and was outside and that moment made the whole thing worth it. that and the fact that i've now got a B :wink:

It is a lot easier than GCSE maths :lol: And more interesting, eg pascal, sin cos tan etc :tongue:
Reply 4196
Helloooo everyone! :')
Reply 4197
Hello! I'm the awkward new one with no idea what to do... Anyone doing biology, chemistry, physics, maths and further maths for A Level? Don't let me be the only one! Ahaha
Reply 4198

IM NOT CRAZY! A fellow science/maths person :biggrin: Have you don't triple or duel science?
Original post by blueray
2 future doctors? :tongue:

unfortunately not, much to their dismay
future accountant i think :L

you wanna do med?

Latest