The Student Room Group
Liverpool John Moores University
Liverpool

Atlantic Point LJMU September 2012

Hello everyone,

Anyone else staying Atlantic Point studying at LJMU in September 2012?

I've accepted an offer at LJMU studying Biochemistry and paid a deposit for my room at Atlantic Point.

It would be nice to get to know some people before we all move in. That way we can escape if we end up with nut job flat mates.......

Scroll to see replies

Hey,
I will be staying in Atlantic point, studying Computer Studies :smile:
Hoping on getting a refurbished flat as soon as I move in, saves messing around during the year moving again, especially as they look so nice :smile:

x
Liverpool
Original post by Revengancex
Hey,
I will be staying in Atlantic point, studying Computer Studies :smile:
Hoping on getting a refurbished flat as soon as I move in, saves messing around during the year moving again, especially as they look so nice :smile:

x

Ahh sweet I have a few friends doing computer science and they seem to enjoy it :smile:

I just went for the single en-suite, are they offering a cheaper rate for refurbished rooms or something? I've only seen pictures on the website, have you viewed the rooms in person?
Original post by MartinJoeyClark
Ahh sweet I have a few friends doing computer science and they seem to enjoy it :smile:

I just went for the single en-suite, are they offering a cheaper rate for refurbished rooms or something? I've only seen pictures on the website, have you viewed the rooms in person?

Yeah, that's all I went for. No, same price, just newly painted etc and 3/4 beds for the single rooms apparently, as they haven't been decorated in 10 years :smile:.
http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/Accommodation/124035.htm
Shows it all there :smile:
Yeah, I went to a open day and they took us round the accommodation, was more spacious than other accommodation so that is why I chose it, and cheaper too!
Yeah, that's all I went for. No, same price, just newly painted etc and 3/4 beds for the single rooms apparently, as they haven't been decorated in 10 years :smile:.
http://www.ljmu.ac.uk/Accommodation/124035.htm
Shows it all there :smile:
Yeah, I went to a open day and they took us round the accommodation, was more spacious than other accommodation so that is why I chose it, and cheaper too!

Wow the refurbished flats look great, can't complain if they're going to move everyone in them at no extra charge. Getting more excited now :smile:

Yeah I chose Atlantic Point purely because it was the cheapest accommodation left with en-suite rooms available (I'm a bit of a clean freak) and it's close to where I will be studying.

My names Martin by the way if you didn't guess from my username :biggrin: Are you traveling far to study at LJMU or are you local?
Wow the refurbished flats look great, can't complain if they're going to move everyone in them at no extra charge. Getting more excited now :smile:

Yeah I chose Atlantic Point purely because it was the cheapest accommodation left with en-suite rooms available (I'm a bit of a clean freak) and it's close to where I will be studying.

My names Martin by the way if you didn't guess from my username :biggrin: Are you traveling far to study at LJMU or are you local?

Yeah they do don't they :smile:
Same, I'll be studying at byrom campus so literally a 3 min walk :smile: and yeah, I'm fussy on en-suite! Couldn't imagine sharing a bathroom with randomers :P

I'm Heather :smile: Nah, not really. I live in Preston at the moment, hate it here!! so glad I get to go back homeee :smile:, originally from Liverpool, so 40 minutes drive away! What about you? :smile:
Yeah they do don't they :smile:
Same, I'll be studying at byrom campus so literally a 3 min walk :smile: and yeah, I'm fussy on en-suite! Couldn't imagine sharing a bathroom with randomers :P

I'm Heather :smile: Nah, not really. I live in Preston at the moment, hate it here!! so glad I get to go back homeee :smile:, originally from Liverpool, so 40 minutes drive away! What about you? :smile:

Haha yeah I'm studying at Byrom street as well so I'll most likely only be getting out of bed 10 minutes before lectures start :P

I've been to Preston a few times, mostly playing gigs with my old band, didn't seem that bad? UCLAN and all that? I'm living in Liverpool at the minute (secretly a woolyback though) so I'm only moving up the road. Thought I might as well for the first year, should be fun :smile:
Haha yeah I'm studying at Byrom street as well so I'll most likely only be getting out of bed 10 minutes before lectures start :P

I've been to Preston a few times, mostly playing gigs with my old band, didn't seem that bad? UCLAN and all that? I'm living in Liverpool at the minute (secretly a woolyback though) so I'm only moving up the road. Thought I might as well for the first year, should be fun :smile:

Same :smile:
I went to UCLAN to do nursing, but left in January.. their student support was awful on that course. Also, Preston as a whole, not much to do, and not so friendly people :smile:. Ah nice, might as well make the most out of the 'student experience' :P
Same :smile:
I went to UCLAN to do nursing, but left in January.. their student support was awful on that course. Also, Preston as a whole, not much to do, and not so friendly people :smile:. Ah nice, might as well make the most out of the 'student experience' :P

Wow that's mad I'm in a similar position. I went to MMU in 2010 doing Nursing but unfortunately failed an exam in my second year and wasn't allowed to resit it. I tried to appeal but 'student support', if you can call it that, were next to useless. So I've spent the last year doing an Access to Higher Education Diploma and plan on getting my degree this time around :P.

Yeah I think I'll be taking a more reserved approach to the 'student lifestyle' this time around. But might as well get involved, meet some new faces so I don't end up playing scrabble on my own every night. Well at least you can count on the friendly residents of Liverpool (as long as you don't go down any dark alleys at 3am). :smile:
Hey guys!
Quite relieved to find this thread tbh, was thinking it was strange that nobody had done anything like this already. I've accepted and offer for Mech Eng and got a room at atlantic point. Does anyone know when we actually find out what room/flat numbers we're in?
Oh i'm jack btw ^_^
Original post by Jax_Renegade
Hey guys!
Quite relieved to find this thread tbh, was thinking it was strange that nobody had done anything like this already. I've accepted and offer for Mech Eng and got a room at atlantic point. Does anyone know when we actually find out what room/flat numbers we're in?
Oh i'm jack btw ^_^

Hey Jack, yeah it seems as though Atlantic Point isn't the most popular choice when it comes to student accommodation :P But from what I've seen the rooms look pretty smart. Actually glad you asked if anyone knew what date we find out our flat/room numbers because I just checked my emails and realised I hadn't returned the Guarantor Form :eek: So thanks for that :smile: As far as I'm aware It looks like they are waiting last minute to allocate everyone their flat/room numbers. Hopefully I get some nice sociable flat mates :biggrin:
Website they have says that the place is fully booked so must be SOME people xD Yeah i screwed up my entry form thing and chose the 1 payment option instead of the 3 so i've had to get my guaranteur (spelling?) form in way early to get that changed! Place seemed great for me because its like 2 minutes walk from the engineering facility and i just liked the look of the place! Seems a shame that they would wait so late as otherwise their support has been fantastic!
Original post by Jax_Renegade
Website they have says that the place is fully booked so must be SOME people xD Yeah i screwed up my entry form thing and chose the 1 payment option instead of the 3 so i've had to get my guaranteur (spelling?) form in way early to get that changed! Place seemed great for me because its like 2 minutes walk from the engineering facility and i just liked the look of the place! Seems a shame that they would wait so late as otherwise their support has been fantastic!

Haha well looks like either students staying at Atlantic Point are either a bit shy or not aware of TSR :P Every time I have spoke to the staff there they have been quite friendly understanding that every stage of my application was going to be late (I'm not very organized you see). Sweet yeah well I'm studying at the Byrom campus so it's only down the road for me too :smile: Are you traveling far to study? or are you from the great NORTHWEST? :biggrin:
Reply 13
I just want to know when we can move into AP ?! :P
Reply 14
You guys should probably join the Facebook group for Atlantic Point! There's quite a few people going and from what I've been told they're pretty much sold out of rooms. I also applied way late, was told I'm lucky I got a place! :smile:

At least it's a quick walk from the Byrom Street campus!!! :woo:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Doctor.
You guys should probably join the Facebook group for Atlantic Point! There's quite a few people going and from what I've been told they're pretty much sold out of rooms. I also applied way late, was told I'm lucky I got a place! :smile:

At least it's a quick walk from the Byrom Street campus!!! :woo:

There is a Facebook group? I wasn't aware :O Please do share? :smile:
Reply 16
There is a Facebook group? I wasn't aware :O Please do share? :smile:

I'm on the phone so can't give a link :frown:

Just do a search on the Facebook search thingy... 'LJMU Atlantic Point' and you'll get it :smile:

Original post by Doctor.
I'm on the phone so can't give a link :frown:

Just do a search on the Facebook search thingy... 'LJMU Atlantic Point' and you'll get it :smile:

Found it I think..... Now going to join it :smile: Thanks very much. Only a month left until we all move in :biggrin:
Reply 18
Found it I think..... Now going to join it :smile: Thanks very much. Only a month left until we all move in :biggrin:

Hopefully I've got the grades to get in, my biggest worry ever :cry2:

Got my room number today by email. So check your emails :smile: 8th September move in date woop!

Quick Reply

Latest