The Student Room Group

Sounds like a stupid question, but why don't peole take LSD?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matt1992
I know, that happens with shrooms too. Don't you think that would just make people take more and more of it though? Or do you think it'd just be a deterrent into taking it at all?

I dont, because by a few days in you will be spending a crazy amount each accending night. I mean, all drugs have a tolerance, but not to the degree psilocybin and LSD do.

In my view those drugs are somewhat seperate from amost all others. No person goes from Alcohol to LSD to heroin. But some go from Alcohol to coke, then to meth or heroin, simply because of the diffrent things they do to you.

However, I do not belive it should be legal.
I have no interest in hallucinating.
Original post by Strathclyder
If you had ever taken LSD you would know the answer.

Moot point. Tons of people who have taken LSD take it again and even make an event of it. Susan Blackmore, for example, I've read has a rough schedule for taking it.
Reply 23
People do take LSD.
Original post by rj1990
Its a really dangerous drug.

I've heard stories of some people, the affect didn't wear off, if you take it while you're mentally unstable/depressed it can do serious damage and there has been cases of people not coming out of it.

I know one famous muscision (can't remember his name, some old guitarist or something) took LSD, and had halucinacions so bad, he didn't come out of it, and spent 25 years believing he was in a black hole, literally and he could not escape......he spent 25-30 years in his room believing he was in a deep black hole.

Scary stuff.

Given that every atom in your body is replaced systematically over periods of time much smaller than 25 year, this sounds like nonsense. Not a single molecule of the LSD's active ingredient would have been left after not too long.
Original post by Retrodiction
Moot point. Tons of people who have taken LSD take it again and even make an event of it. Susan Blackmore, for example, I've read has a rough schedule for taking it.

When I was young I used to take quite a lot of LSD and from experience I can say that you CANNOT use LSD a fraction as often as other drugs.
Reply 26
Original post by Retrodiction
Given that every atom in your body is replaced systematically over periods of time much smaller than 25 year, this sounds like nonsense. Not a single molecule of the LSD's active ingredient would have been left after not too long.

I'm not saying the LSD stayed within him....WTF...

I'm saying it put him into a state of mind which he could not exit from!!
Original post by NobSon
I also heard that if you say "gullible" backwards, It sounds exactly the same :eek:

OP:

1. LSD has become a VERY hard drug to get hold of (at least, in my area)

2. People are put off because it is a class A drug

3. People aren't interested in tripping

ok
Reply 28
Original post by rj1990
I'm not saying the LSD stayed within him....WTF...

I'm saying it put him into a state of mind which he could not exit from!!

LSD can certainly trigger psychosis. Psychosis does not generally last for 20 - 30 years though!
Reply 29
fear of a bad trip
being class A means the amount of trouble I could get in is higher
don't even know where I would get it

3 mains reasons for me
Reply 30
Original post by Kibalchich
LSD can certainly trigger psychosis. Psychosis does not generally last for 20 - 30 years though!

Ok, maybe for the 20 - 30 years it was depression, psychosis...lots of things, but it ******* him up big time thats all I'm saying. :colonhash:
Reply 31
Original post by Conor C
On Wikipedia, it says LSD is less physically addactive and does less physical harm than Marijuana, alcohol and tobacco. Why then would a lot of people not take it? The only real reason I can think of is because the high lasts upto 12 hours, but surly many people would like to experience it?

Also, with regards to flash backs, there has been much research into their causes and effects and there has been little evidence that they even exist.

Because since the 60s, it's a lot harder to get hold of than popular drugs. I don't think it's that easy to make, and I doubt it can be that profitable.

Also the myths propagated by the government and the media about it sending people insane and compelling them to jump out of windows tend to put people off.
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Why would I want to take drugs?

Even better, why should I take drugs?

Do they convey any intellectual benefits, benefits for longevity, positive benefits to my constitution...etc etc...?

Actually, there was a biochemist who wasn't able to visualise some molecular interactions until he took some LSD and saw it in his trip... Went on to make some breakthrough with it...
Reply 33

Do they convey any intellectual benefits, benefits for longevity, positive benefits to my constitution...etc etc...?

Yes, taking LSD is known to be a very mentally beneficial and sometimes life changing experience.

A bit like how having a religious experience changes the lives and perspectives of some people for the better. An LSD trip can be a positive introspective mental journey exploring the depths of your conciousness and inner self etc etc.
Reply 34
Original post by rj1990
Ok, maybe for the 20 - 30 years it was depression, psychosis...lots of things, but it ******* him up big time thats all I'm saying. :colonhash:

LSD can **** people up. So can alcohol.
Reply 35
Some of us don't want the risk of having a bad trip.
Reply 36
i eat that **** all day long....trololol

How old are you? Cos you sound like you're about 65
Mainly because it's illegal I would have thought.
Reply 39
2 words... well, 1 word and a letter: Class A.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending