The Student Room Group

Sounds like a stupid question, but why don't peole take LSD?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Kibalchich
LSD can **** people up. So can alcohol.

The difference is that LSD can **** someones mind after little use. Alcohol is only very dangerous if you become addicted.

You can't compare LSD to Alcohol, you fool :colonhash:
I want to use an LSD simulator, now that would be cool.
Reply 42
Original post by Matt1992
If they aren't physically addictive, that doesn't mean they aren't mentally addictive.

What I mean is that if you think "It's alright, I won't get addicted to it, i'll do it again" you'll end up doing it all the time because you aren't worried about getting addicted.

I'd like to see someone do hallucinogens "all the time". :lol:

Those sort of drugs you can't really get mentally addicted to, even someone who loves the experience wouldn't want to do it more than once every few months.

Plus problems with increased tolerance etc just makes it impractical.
Reply 43
"I'M A LEMON! I SHALL GRATE MYSELF!"

There's the answer.
I don't know where I'd get it. Well, I know some people who might have some, although if they did I probably wouldn't be able to afford it anyway.

I don't really feel the need to try it anyway. I drink a bit but I don't get drunk very often, and I've tried cannabis but I wasn't really that fussed on it, and certainly not enough to put up with how wheezy smoke makes me.
Reply 45
Original post by rj1990
The difference is that LSD can **** someones mind after little use. Alcohol is only very dangerous if you become addicted.

You can't compare LSD to Alcohol, you fool :colonhash:

LSD can't "****" someones mind after little use, how have you reached that conclusion?
Reply 46
Original post by Stefan1991
LSD can't "****" someones mind after little use, how have you reached that conclusion?

In very rare cases it can. Yes "Very rare"!
Reply 47
actually due to the nature of lsd it's practically non addictive as your system builds a tolerance to it so quickly that you have to wait a while before taking it again to get the same effects.

personally i have no idea what it feels like as the only time i took it it was mixed with mdma so where one stops and the other starts i don't know :P
Reply 48
Original post by x0Harriet
2 words... well, 1 word and a letter: Class A.

Except it's harmless, and completely safe compared to alcohol. Even cannabis.

Since when did what class a drug is in mean anything?
Reply 49
lots of people use other Class A drugs though, like cocaine, heroin, ecstasy
Reply 50
Original post by rj1990

Lsd was actually under medical trials to see if it could be used to help alcoholics, i would say that if it was more dangerous than alcohol that would not be the case.
Reply 51
Original post by Stefan1991
Except it's harmless, and completely safe compared to alcohol. Even cannabis.

Since when did what class a drug is in mean anything?

Its not harmless. It can precipitate psychosis in some people. It doesn't have the same addiction potential as alcohol though.
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Why would I want to take drugs?

Even better, why should I take drugs?

Do they convey any intellectual benefits, benefits for longevity, positive benefits to my constitution...etc etc...?

yeah

you think the beatles would have been the best band ever without drugs?
Reply 53
Original post by Libtolu
Lsd was actually under medical trials to see if it could be used to help alcoholics, i would say that if it was more dangerous than alcohol that would not be the case.

Not a very good line of argument tbh. Heroin was originally touted as a less addictive substitute for morphine, for example.
Reply 54
Original post by rj1990

You mean, it's so rare that it's more likely that your mind is going to **** itself in due course up due to a completely non-drug related cause? Like stress, traumatic experience or diet? :eek:
Reply 55
:rofl: Always amazed at the bull**** some people will happily swallow and regurgitate.

You never see a positive drug story on the news. They always have the same LSD story. You’ve all seen it: “Today a young man on acid…thought he could fly…jumped out of a building…what a tragedy!” What a dick. He’s an idiot. If he thought he could fly why didn’t he take off from the ground first? Check it out? You don’t see geese lined up to catch elevators to fly south; they fly from the ****ing ground. He’s an idiot. He’s dead. Good! We lost a moron. ****ing celebrate. There’s one less moron in the world.
Reply 56
Original post by Sovr'gnChancellor£
Why would I want to take drugs?

Even better, why should I take drugs?

Do they convey any intellectual benefits, benefits for longevity, positive benefits to my constitution...etc etc...?

Erm yes they actually do when used responsibly.
It's not dangerous in normal-drug ways, it's dangerous in the way that people think they have wings and jump out of buildings, or go swimming thinking they can breathe underwater, or think everyone's out to get them and go on a shooting spree. It is basically like inducing very severe schizophrenia for short amount of time.
Reply 58
Original post by Kibalchich
Its not harmless. It can precipitate psychosis in some people. It doesn't have the same addiction potential as alcohol though.

Of course it causes psychosis, isn't that the whole point?

You're talking about chronic psychosis. Except the psychosis in nearly all cases is short-lived. I've experienced psychosis, it was aight.
To be honest, I've sometimes thought about trying drugs to try and get over my occasional bouts of depression. Main problem is, I wouldn't know where to get them from.

Anyways, it's probably best not to get involved with that illegal **** :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending