The Student Room Group

University of ulster ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by catherinec18
am guessin we should hear soon! i heard around this time last year! just so nail bitting! lol xx

Hope it's soon! I reallyyyy want to get into Ulster :smile:
OMG... Magee contacted me today... telling me i have an unconditional offer! However i still have to complete an interview! In shock at the min! I applied last yr but was unsuccessful... as i already have the grades to get in they can give me unconditional! anyone else hear from them! xx
Original post by Amykinsx
Hope it's soon! I reallyyyy want to get into Ulster :smile:

I was told today interviews are between the 5th- 12th March... not long now xx
OMG... Magee contacted me today... telling me i have an unconditional offer! However i still have to complete an interview! In shock at the min! I applied last yr but was unsuccessful... as i already have the grades to get in they can give me unconditional! anyone else hear from them! xx

Thats unusal, I didn't think they can give out offers without an interview, but well done! :biggrin:
Reply 24
WELL DONE IM SO JEALOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had a phonecall a few days ago from a lady in Magee, she was processing my application and needed further information!
I gave her the information and she said she would continue with my application.

Havent heard anything since. SICK EVERY TIME I THINK ABOUT IT, want it so bad!!!!!!!!!! lol xxx
I do still have to go through interview process, but she said that i will be offered unconditional. i applied last year and was unsuccessful! so i already have the criteria! So she she can offer me a unconditional offer however i still have to go through the process.

so fingers crossed i dont mess up interview!
I do still have to go through interview process, but she said that i will be offered unconditional. i applied last year and was unsuccessful! so i already have the criteria! So she she can offer me a unconditional offer however i still have to go through the process.

so fingers crossed i dont mess up interview!

So, What was the interview like from last year then? Since you have already done it, you can give us some tips! What were the questions etc etc! :smile:
I am from Northern Ireland and this is my first time applying to uni so it's all new to me, and very nerve racking!:confused: I have applied for Adult Nursing at: Magee, Queens, Glasgow Caledonian, Edinburgh Napier and Leeds Metropolitan. I would prefere to stay in N.I so I hope to get interviews for Magee and Queens and do good at them! I had an interview at Leeds Met a couple of days ago, and it was OK. But I never feel like I do well afterwards....and I have an interview for Glasgow in a few weeks! Good Luck for your Magee interview, when is it do you know?
Original post by shirlene1411
So, What was the interview like from last year then? Since you have already done it, you can give us some tips! What were the questions etc etc! :smile:
I am from Northern Ireland and this is my first time applying to uni so it's all new to me, and very nerve racking!:confused: I have applied for Adult Nursing at: Magee, Queens, Glasgow Caledonian, Edinburgh Napier and Leeds Metropolitan. I would prefere to stay in N.I so I hope to get interviews for Magee and Queens and do good at them! I had an interview at Leeds Met a couple of days ago, and it was OK. But I never feel like I do well afterwards....and I have an interview for Glasgow in a few weeks! Good Luck for your Magee interview, when is it do you know?

well there where 2 people interviewing.. they asked 6 questions. which are more or less pretty standard. I did feel very intimidated, one of ladies that interviewed me where very abrupt! the other was lovely and reasuring. I was so nervous and just had no idea what to expect! Im a mature student and felt slightly ouy of my dept! Hoever this year i feel alot more confident.

the 6 questions where....

1. Tell me a bit about yourself?

2. why do you want to be a nurse?

3. why do you think communication is important in nursing?

4. what do you know about the course?

5. what subjects do you think you will be studying?

and for the life of me i cant remember the 6th i have it written down somewhere!

All the best of luck with you interviews etc! I have only applied for uni in ni as i have a child/ husband so there is no way i could move away xx
Reply 28
Thanks so much hun :smile:!!
This will help so much!! ... well, if I ever get invited to interview like :smile: hahaha xxx
Original post by shampoo1

Thanks so much hun :smile:!!
This will help so much!! ... well, if I ever get invited to interview like :smile: hahaha xxx

ur welcome... hopefully it will be similar to last years! although i have heard that they arent interviewing as much this year and that our personal statements are being scrutinised!! We were told that there were 3000+ applications last year and only 2000 were interviewed! this year that number is to be cut again! so fingers crossed every1 xx
Reply 30
I put in a very 'personal' personal statement if that makes any sense? haha
I hope it will win me a place at Magee. Cannot stress how much my stomach flips when I even think about them processing my application at the min!!
Again, MASSIVE congrats 2 u and thanks for all ur info eeekkk :smile: xxx
I put in a very 'personal' personal statement if that makes any sense? haha
I hope it will win me a place at Magee. Cannot stress how much my stomach flips when I even think about them processing my application at the min!!
Again, MASSIVE congrats 2 u and thanks for all ur info eeekkk :smile: xxx

Thanks but if anything i feel more pressure to do well in interview lol i know what you mean i get excited and anxious when i think about my interview but i just want it so bad!

keep me posted about how you get on! are you fro ni? studying at the mo?

good luck

xx
Reply 32
Nooo Im from the Republic :smile: But living here in England the past few years working away !!
I will 100% let you know, really hope I hear from them soon :biggrin: xxx
well there where 2 people interviewing.. they asked 6 questions. which are more or less pretty standard. I did feel very intimidated, one of ladies that interviewed me where very abrupt! the other was lovely and reasuring. I was so nervous and just had no idea what to expect! Im a mature student and felt slightly ouy of my dept! Hoever this year i feel alot more confident.

the 6 questions where....

1. Tell me a bit about yourself?

2. why do you want to be a nurse?

3. why do you think communication is important in nursing?

4. what do you know about the course?

5. what subjects do you think you will be studying?

and for the life of me i cant remember the 6th i have it written down somewhere!

All the best of luck with you interviews etc! I have only applied for uni in ni as i have a child/ husband so there is no way i could move away xx

Thanks very much for you help. I have a huge list of questions wrote down in a word document followed by my answer, in a comprehension format to help me revise and memorise everything! It is so nerve racking! I was at Leeds a week ago and I felt the same, a man took us for a group interview and he was very abrupt with me. He even interrupted when I was answering something, Kept looking at his watch and even sniggered at things we were saying! It really put me off Leeds Met! Good luck with your interview, but since your already in you can relax and you will sail through it! Take Care :smile:
Thanks very much for you help. I have a huge list of questions wrote down in a word document followed by my answer, in a comprehension format to help me revise and memorise everything! It is so nerve racking! I was at Leeds a week ago and I felt the same, a man took us for a group interview and he was very abrupt with me. He even interrupted when I was answering something, Kept looking at his watch and even sniggered at things we were saying! It really put me off Leeds Met! Good luck with your interview, but since your already in you can relax and you will sail through it! Take Care :smile:

Arggghh, that is soo off putting isnt it! I do feel alot more chilled out about interview, but still nervous! calm remedy for me lol good luck to you too! keep me posted when your interview is.

xx:smile:
Reply 35

Have you heard anything back yet from Magee hun ?? xxx
Reply 36

Congrats :smile:
Reply 37
Iv applies for coleraine and Jordanstown (not for nursin) and they haven't replied yet. I know loads who haven't got responses yet.
I think they just like to take their time.
Reply 38
Original post by IRSP044
Iv applies for coleraine and Jordanstown (not for nursin) and they haven't replied yet. I know loads who haven't got responses yet.
I think they just like to take their time.

Its so nerve-wracking waiting for the one u really want!! haha xxx
Reply 39
Its so nerve-wracking waiting for the one u really want!! haha xxx

My main one is in Queens and iv got that, though I might not get the grades.
Iv taken a gap year anyway so can re apply if they don't give me an offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending