The Student Room Group

urgent help abt AA london

I am an overseas student. I had applied at AA for graduate programme before January 2012 and I received an email confirming my successful selection.
But I am yet to get my formal offer letter.
Every time I call up they say they will despatch in a couple of weeks.
And I know May 31st is the deadline for confirming entry to the school.
Does ANYBODY have a similar experience?
I'm very worried indeed.
P.S.: being a non-English speaker it is difficult for me to understand their accent.
So calling up doesn't really help.
But my IELTS score is 8 and in my country the English speaking fluency that I have is considered to be pretty decent.
Original post by sos4frnds

What is AA?
Reply 2
Original post by sos4frnds
I am an overseas student. I had applied at AA for graduate programme before January 2012 and I received an email confirming my successful selection.
But I am yet to get my formal offer letter.
Every time I call up they say they will despatch in a couple of weeks.
And I know May 31st is the deadline for confirming entry to the school.
Does ANYBODY have a similar experience?
I'm very worried indeed.
P.S.: being a non-English speaker it is difficult for me to understand their accent.
So calling up doesn't really help.
But my IELTS score is 8 and in my country the English speaking fluency that I have is considered to be pretty decent.

Are you referring to the Architectural Association, London? (http://www.aaschool.ac.uk/)

Sorry, I'm having difficulty in understanding what your problem is here. Am I right in thinking that you want to take up your place but are just waiting for the formal offer letter?

If so then I really would not worry. If you have not received your offer letter by mid-May then if you were worried you could send them an email to confirm your acceptance of the offer (just to keep your mind at ease). However, if they have not given you the instructions on how to accept your offer then they can hardly expect you to accept it!!

If you are still uncertain then maybe you should try emailing the admissions department. Your written English seems to be very good, so you might find it easier to explain your concerns by email.

Most of all though - just be patient, I'm sure the offer letter will come. This can take time to send as admissions will have to process thousands of these!
Reply 3
Original post by threeportdrift
What is AA?

The first step is to admit that you have a problem...:wink:

Anyway, regarding the OP's question: it does seem a little odd that they're taking so long over this, but chances are that they're just very busy and this is low on their list of priorities because it's really just a formality. Could you maybe ask them to send you a copy of your offer letter by email (i.e. as an attachment)? That might be slightly quicker for them, and it would put your mind at rest, although the email confirming that your application has been successful should count as a confirmation that you have an offer. There's no need to get apprehensive over the offer letter, really, unless you need it for a visa application - in which case you should tell them that.
Reply 4
yes i am referring to architectural association.
i have already sent innumerable mails to graduate admissions but have not received any reply whatsoever.
However, since I had applied for bursary too, I had received several mails from AA in that respect, ie, about my bursary application.
But as far as my offer letter is concerned I am at a loss.
Reply 5
Do you need the letter for your visa application, then?
Reply 6
yes i do need it. :frown:
Reply 7
Sounds like phoning them is really the only option, then.:frown:
Reply 8
got my offer letter...but its conditional...since i have not provided any certified copy of my graduate degree.....
again another question......can i send provisional degree certificate?
need suggestions

Quick Reply

Latest