The Student Room Group

Questions relating to protein synthesis, plant, animal ,and eukaryotic cells?

I'm correcting one my of tests and looking for answers so I can study for finals.
I couldn't find any answers in my text :confused:
Any help would be appreciated.

1. In the process of protein synthesis, an enzyme will trigger a sequence of triplets of bases that encodes a protein, which is called a ______, to unzip from the segment of the DNA to produce a MRNA. This process is also called _______.. Then the MRNA will be decodes by the ______, and this step is called _____.

2. Specialized substructures, such as chloroplasts in plant cells and ____ in animal cells, are called ____ in eukaryotic cells.
Reply 1
1. In the process of protein synthesis, an enzyme will trigger a sequence of triplets of bases that encodes a protein, which is called a codon, to unzip from the segment of the DNA to produce a MRNA. This process is also called Transcription.. Then the MRNA will be decoded by the ribosomes, and this step is called translation.

Not too sure about the second one.
Original post by jimmyrawlings
I'm correcting one my of tests and looking for answers so I can study for finals.
I couldn't find any answers in my text :confused:
Any help would be appreciated.

1. In the process of protein synthesis, an enzyme will trigger a sequence of triplets of bases that encodes a protein, which is called a ______, to unzip from the segment of the DNA to produce a MRNA. This process is also called _______.. Then the MRNA will be decodes by the ______, and this step is called _____.

2. Specialized substructures, such as chloroplasts in plant cells and ____ in animal cells, are called ____ in eukaryotic cells.

The first one is correct :smile:

I'll have a guess at the second one:

2. Specialized substructures, such as chloroplasts in plant cells and mitochondria in animal cells, are called organelles in eukaryotic cells.
Reply 3
Original post by thegodofgod

2. Specialized substructures, such as chloroplasts in plant cells and mitochondria in animal cells, are called organelles in eukaryotic cells.

that's correct.
Reply 4
Original post by thegodofgod

Thanks for verifying the first one. I actually thought triplets of bases was a gene. Several other people I asked as well.
Reply 5
Thank you all. You guys are fantastic. I know where to go now if I have any trouble.

Quick Reply