The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by chandlerbong
Hey, could you post any useful notes/perfect paragraphs for phil3 but mainly Phil4. I don't really get how to revise them properly -.- anything will be useful. thanks :smile:

Here are my notes for the political ideologies part of Phil 3, if you like them I'll upload the rest of the topics.
Reply 21
How's revision going for everyone?

There's so much material for the A2 it seems almost unreal that it's all for one A Level!
Reply 22
Hi. Im doing Philosophy Unit 1 and Unit 2 in the next few weeks for AS Level AQA.

Any predictions/tips for the Unit 1 (Im doing Reason and Experience and Why should I be Governed) and Unit 2 (Im doing Knowledge of the External World and Value of Art -- HATE THAT TOPIC!).

What were the questions for Unit 2 and Unit 1 in January?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mill
I've attached my notes on the Liberty topic. They're certainly not finished, still need the detail, but they're a good place to start.

I used the Lacewing textbook (which is really good by the way) and 'Freedom' by Nigel Warburton (good for details, goes more in depth).

If people like these notes I'll upload the rest, I've got 4/5 of the political philosophy topics done and 2 of the religion ones, as well as 4/5 of the chapters from On Liberty.

Thank you so much for this attachment and the one you put up yesterday. I feel slightly less panicked :smile: Sorry if the delay made me look ungrateful, the internet was down in my area. I'd give rep if I knew how =_=
Reply 24
Unit 1: 'Reason and Experience' + 'Morality' (82 UMS)
Unit 2: 'Art' + 'Tolerance' (82 UMS)
Unit 3: 'Philosophy of Mind' + 'Epistemology & Metaphysics'
Unit 4: 'Descartes' Meditations'

PoM seems like an easy enough topic to revise - dualism, material accounts, aspects that materialism fails to account for, the anti-materialist arguments (Jackson, Nagel).

The tough one for me is E&M, but it's the one I've done the least amount of revision for.
Hi - I'm doing AQA Philosophy AS and A2, with Reason & Experience and the Idea of God coming up next week and God and the World and Free Will and Determinism the week after. Then A2 in June with Moral Philosophy & Philosophy of Mind and Descartes' Meditations.

Would love to see/swap any AS plans and essays as I'm out here by myself (A2 can wait!). Likewise I would welcome any advice where else on the net I might find essays, plans and similar; like school sites that are open to others, philosophy forums etc. Pretty green at all this, looking for method & how to argue as much as content. Seeing a few good essays would help.

Are there any thoughts on Conceptual Schemes as a possible 30 point question on R&E???

... and can anyone possibly think of another theme that might just come up for the 30 pointer, apart from the obvious one on Empiricism v Rationalism ?

Thankyou - Thankyou

ps
Original post by MOSJohn

What were the questions for Unit 2 and Unit 1 in January?

try http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/456/AQA-PHIL1-QP-Jan12.pdf
& http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/456/AQA-PHIL2-QP-Jan12.pdf
Reply 26
Original post by schönste Jungfrau
Hi - I'm doing AQA Philosophy AS and A2, with Reason & Experience and the Idea of God coming up next week and God and the World and Free Will and Determinism the week after. Then A2 in June with Moral Philosophy & Philosophy of Mind and Descartes' Meditations.

Would love to see/swap any AS plans and essays as I'm out here by myself (A2 can wait!). Likewise I would welcome any advice where else on the net I might find essays, plans and similar; like school sites that are open to others, philosophy forums etc. Pretty green at all this, looking for method & how to argue as much as content. Seeing a few good essays would help.

Are there any thoughts on Conceptual Schemes as a possible 30 point question on R&E???

... and can anyone possibly think of another theme that might just come up for the 30 pointer, apart from the obvious one on Empiricism v Rationalism ?

Thankyou - Thankyou

ps

try http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/456/AQA-PHIL1-QP-Jan12.pdf
& http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/file.php/456/AQA-PHIL2-QP-Jan12.pdf

Those links say I need to login at the site, and to do that, I need to be a student there, which I am not.
Original post by MOSJohn
Those links say I need to login at the site, and to do that, I need to be a student there, which I am not.

I think the site is partly locked. But right now I am not having that problem seeing those papers. They just open straight up. I found them by chance via Google after seeing discussion about an infamous R&E question on introspection and tautology but the Google reference now seems to have gone.

Try clicking the individual links from here http://w1.qehs.net/moodle/course/view.php?id=456

Maybe the school jumped the gun, I'm not sure that AQA has published them yet. Moderator can I copy them here ?????

anyway for the January R&E see the thread AS Philosophy Exam January 2012
My teacher just sent me some useful notes on Moral Phil and Phil of Religion.

I'm also attaching some notes for Reason and Experience, The idea of God, The value of Art, Free will and Determinism and Plato's republic that I've picked up from my teachers and other various places.

I've zipped them and uploaded them since they're bigger than I'm able to attach on TSR:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mjwqe691ks2wsds/Phil%20Revision.zip

Credits go to the original authors.

I've also made some decent predictions for the first paper on monday: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1996044
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Mill
Here are my notes for the political ideologies part of Phil 3, if you like them I'll upload the rest of the topics.

omg, they are great - concise yet specific. I would really appreciate it if you could post the rest when you get the chance :smile:
Reply 30
PHIL1 resit on Monday *stress*
Reply 31
Original post by chandlerbong
omg, they are great - concise yet specific. I would really appreciate it if you could post the rest when you get the chance :smile:

I'll post the rest over the weekend when I can tidy them up a bit :smile: I've got the justice and rights topics finished, not started nation states yet. In religious philosophy I've only got reason and faith completed. I've got 80% of my Mill notes done as well if you need those?
i have my exam monday on reason and experience and personhood can someone help me
Reply 33
Original post by dongonaeatu
i have my exam monday on reason and experience and personhood can someone help me

What do you need help with?
Original post by sosotalk
What do you need help with?

everything on personhood and reason and experience and how to structure my essays i've done no revision
Original post by divina commedia
My teacher just sent me some useful notes on Moral Phil and Phil of Religion.

I'm also attaching some notes for Reason and Experience, The idea of God, The value of Art, Free will and Determinism and Plato's republic that I've picked up from my teachers and other various places.

I've also made some decent predictions for the first paper on monday: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1996044

Very many thanks !!!!

High scoring essays/answers anyone ??
Reply 36
Original post by dongonaeatu
everything on personhood and reason and experience and how to structure my essays i've done no revision

In regards to essay structure I do it something like this....

Intro (state position)

Argument
Counterargument
Justification
Link back to question
(4-5 paragraphs)

Conclusion...
Original post by sosotalk
In regards to essay structure I do it something like this....

Intro (state position)

Argument
Counterargument
Justification
Link back to question
(4-5 paragraphs)

Conclusion...

ok
Original post by Mill
I'll post the rest over the weekend when I can tidy them up a bit :smile: I've got the justice and rights topics finished, not started nation states yet. In religious philosophy I've only got reason and faith completed. I've got 80% of my Mill notes done as well if you need those?

ah thank youu :smile: and no need for religious philosophy/mills, I'm doing philosophy of the mind and Plato!
Reply 39
Original post by Mill

Can I have your Mill notes? I've done most of my Religious philosophy notes done but they're hand written. I could scan them to you if you'd like?

Latest

Trending

Trending