The Student Room Group

Keele Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JenMed
Yes! The best en-suite accommodation at Keele was only £92 a week 3 years ago, the price has gone up incredibly fast with no improvement in the rooms! It is much much cheaper to rent privately, in my 2nd and 3rd year I had a detached 4 bedroom house with garage and garden and top spec kitchen for only £66 a week in Keele. So if at all possible try and get a group, maybe some others on this thread, and rent off campus!

The increase is crazy. Compared to a washbasin room which is about £83 per week. I'm not sure whether i'd rather have the extra £40 per week extra and put up with sharing bathroom/shower etc. I want to stay on campus at least for the first year for the experience really but £66 per week is boss!
Original post by metachic

On another note, has anyone heard about accommodation yet? Or CRBs?

I rang them up yesterday, they said that they will be sending out CRB things shortly!
Hey thought I'd share the e-mail I got regarding accommodation

Hi ........

Thank you for your e-mail.

The information will be e-mailed out this month and the application will be available from the 1st May.

Many thanks

Joanne Fowler
Student Accommodation Office
Keele University
01782 734152
[email protected]

www.keele.ac.uk/studyatkeele/accommodation

Facebook Group - Keele Student Accommodation

Also called Angela and she said that CRB's are sent around June time, so the CRB's are not that old when we start! Hope that helps people out :smile:
Oh wow! This is definitely very insightful :biggrin:

How long is the walk from Oaks to the medical campus? It seems like a huge trek when looking at the campus map :s-smilie:

Apparently Barnes is only offered to third year students anyway so the chance of getting a place is low..

--

No not heard a thing. My friends who are going to other universities have had all their information and applied for accommodation. I heard last year applications for rooms was rather late.
:rolleyes:
Hi, I am new to this site. I was just wondering when the interviews finished at Keele? Cheers.
Reply 1825
Is first year medicine at Keele a 37 week year?
Just checking for when it comes to applying for accomodation.
:biggrin:
Original post by Girl.
Is first year medicine at Keele a 37 week year?
Just checking for when it comes to applying for accomodation.
:biggrin:

Yeh 37 weeks sounds about right.
Reply 1827
Heyyy i'm starting medicine 5 year course in september :smile:

http://www.facebook.com/KeeleMedicineFreshers2012
Reply 1828

Hey just to update everyone as people were asking, I got my CRB forms through today, so everyone should get theirs soon!
Original post by rumandraisin
Yeh 37 weeks sounds about right.

Yes that is right! Good luck to all applicants!

Btw is there a facebook page for the current 2nd and 1st years? I can't seem to find it!
Just got my unconditional offer from Keele! Beyond excited for September now! :smile: Good luck to those with exams!
Reply 1831
Hey folks, It was results day on Friday and guess what?!.....Here I come Keele!! :biggrin: Managed to get a 1st in biomedical Science so met my conditional offer (2.1) So ill defo be there in Sept :smile:

Good luck to all those with A levels/degrees/results to come, want to see you all there. If anyone wants to make a friend beforehand, im on the "Keele medicine freshers 2012" facebook group, or you can add me. (Harriet Bell....the curly one)

Best of luck again!! xx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1832
Fellow graduate - also just received my results. Keele here I come too!
Original post by HazzieB
x

:party: Congratulations! Now have a great summer and see you in September :biggrin:
Original post by HazzieB
Hey folks, It was results day on Friday and guess what?!.....Here I come Keele!! :biggrin: Managed to get a 1st in biomedical Science so met my conditional offer (2.1) So ill defo be there in Sept :smile:

Good luck to all those with A levels/degrees/results to come, want to see you all there. If anyone wants to make a friend beforehand, im on the "Keele medicine freshers 2012" facebook group, or you can add me. (Harriet Bell....the curly one)

Best of luck again!! xx

Original post by Phi11

Congratulations to you both! See you fellow graduates in September! :smile:
Reply 1835
Original post by manderson
Congratulations to you both! See you fellow graduates in September! :smile:

Original post by Phi11

Original post by HazzieB

Congratulations to all who have just received results, from the look of this thread there seem to be lots of grads this year which is nice to see! I look forward to meeting you all in September!
Reply 1836
Thanks everyone!! So so happy and cannot wait :biggrin: Excited to meet you all too. Ill be commuting in everyday which will be tough (1hr each way) so keen to meet new friends , as ive said before....im the 22yr old curly blonde one!! xx
Reply 1837
Another graduate here, I've also received my results so excited can't wait for september!
Original post by LaShy
Another graduate here, I've also received my results so excited can't wait for september!

Congratulations! See you in September :hello:
Hey everyone! Anyone got their accommodation yet? I got mine today! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending