The Student Room Group

Performing Arts/Drama/Acting/etc Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

I got into Oxford School of Drama's 6 month musical theatre course!!! Anyone else heading there?
Reply 141
Hiya! Does any one have an audition at Mountview on the 4rth of January 2013? I'm so nervous, especially about what to wear. I thought about coming in wearing normal every day clothes and changing before the dance. Is that okay? Any advice is welcomed, I am really excited but also so nervous!
Thank you! xxx
Reply 142
Anyone auditioning for the MA in Classical Acting at LAMDA? Just from reading the prospectus its my number one choice and seems to be what I'm looking for in terms of an MA, but I don't know much of what to expect when it comes to what they look for. I'm also Canadian so I can't really visit the school directly at the moment nor do I know anybody who's been there personally.

Also I'm sure this question gets asked a lot around here, but how about those choices for a contemporary monologue? This was always something I struggled a lot with during university. The great contemporary material was either very limited for women or the best ones were done to death. What have you guys been looking into? Anyone know of any hidden gems? My library in my hometown has got a limited selection of plays and I'm having trouble making a decision and would appreciate any suggestions.
Reply 143

Original post by ninja-hummel
Hey hey! I'll be going to the Rose B and Central open days on the 27th anddd I think it was 28th (?) of this month :biggrin: So excited to see what's what. Hoping to get into Rose Bruford's American Theatre Arts course, holy smokes it looks incredible khjfhghjglksdf :bl:

Sorry this is late but did you get a chance to see both the schools? How did you find Central? Also have you applied/got an audition date or anything? =)
Original post by zoe_l

Sorry this is late but did you get a chance to see both the schools? How did you find Central? Also have you applied/got an audition date or anything? =)

Heyaa! No worries, haha :smile: yeah I did! Had my audition at Central last month (didn't get a recall audition but no worries, haha) and my Rose B interview is on Monday :smile: argh, so nervous- but excited, too~. Central was really great! Quite large and confusing, though, with a lot of students running around. It's a busy place and at times it seemed more than a little chaotic but I'd imagine that fast-paced atmosphere would just add to the beauty of being a student there. So if that sounds like your kinda place, definitely go for it! Are you auditioning there anytime soon? xx
Reply 145
Scottish contemporary monologues for female late teens anyone ? Or monologues that would suit a Scottish accent and weren't written with a specific place in mind. Majorly struggling.. All the ones that fit are much too over done!!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 146
Can anyone recommend for me any other performing arts schools that are more dance based than drama based?

Mum and I decided last minute that I'm going to apply for absolutely everywhere that I can so that I don't limit myself.

At the moment, I've applied for London Contemporary (which I've had my audition for and unfortunately didn't get in), London Studio Centre (my audition is this week, ahh!), Laine, Bird and Performers.

I think I'm going to send off forms for Arts Ed, Northern Ballet and Ballet Rambert today, but can anyone please tell me if I'm missing any important schools? Thank you!
Original post by mimiedwards
Hi, yeah I've got into ppa so if I don't get in anywhere else ill probably go there, which I'd be really happy about as a few of my really close friends are there. Yeah oh I loved your song! It's frustrating isn't it, and they've broken up now so I doubt we'll be hearing before Christmas. I'm not doing lsmt as I think I need three years before I'm ready for the buisness and want to give myself the best chances when I leave school. I think lsmt is more for people if they have already done a degree at a Uni and want that extra push from a drama school but it's definitely not for me. So why didn't you go to ppa? And with a scholarship?!? For the three yer course? I'm just curious. Private message me if you'd prefer. I'm really interested though :smile:

good luck with all your auditions though sweetie!

Amy xxx

Ah congratulations! That's fab!

I didn't get anywhere with GSA. Did you? Ah man, I love LSMT! It's so individual! I do recommend auditioning there even if you don't feel ready for a one year, I think they'll advise you the right way!

I didn't accept PPA cause I didn't flee it was the right place for me. Ad it was the first and only one I auditioned for in musical theatre last year, so I wanted to try others and see what feedback I got. :smile: plus, I live like a ten minute walk from there, and it would be quite nice to get out of guildford I think. :smile:

Do you have Facebook? Xxxx
I have an audition for Royal Scottish in London in a few weeks. Is anyone else auditioning?

Or does anyone have any advice on what to expect at the audition? Is it as brutal as people say? :smile:

Hope everyone's auditioning is going well! Xxxxx
and my Rose B interview is on Monday :smile: argh, so nervous- but excited, too~.

Hi! I was there too, remember me? (Rebecca) how did you guys' interview go? :biggrin:
Had my audition for central today and got a recall! Does anyone know how long they take to get back to you?? Xxx
Original post by emiliebazza
Ah congratulations! That's fab!

I didn't get anywhere with GSA. Did you? Ah man, I love LSMT! It's so individual! I do recommend auditioning there even if you don't feel ready for a one year, I think they'll advise you the right way!

I didn't accept PPA cause I didn't flee it was the right place for me. Ad it was the first and only one I auditioned for in musical theatre last year, so I wanted to try others and see what feedback I got. :smile: plus, I live like a ten minute walk from there, and it would be quite nice to get out of guildford I think. :smile:

Do you have Facebook? Xxxx

no I didn't get anywhere either, was very gutted at the time but I'm really happy with ppa as it just seems like an incredible place with the west end mentors and everything. One of my best friends goes there as well so that's a good thing. I've still got royal Scottish, LCm and central Togo but I think I'll be ending up at ppa. Yeah I know what you mean about staying at home. I'm 21 now... I have to get out hahahaha! Yeah I know what you mean about lsmt but with trying to save up for ppa I can't be auditioning for courses and paying to audition and hotels etc and then to know already I don't want to go there. Did you get an offer there? How are all your auditions going? Yeah I do, it's jut Amy Edwards :smile: xxx
Original post by mimiedwards
no I didn't get anywhere either, was very gutted at the time but I'm really happy with ppa as it just seems like an incredible place with the west end mentors and everything. One of my best friends goes there as well so that's a good thing. I've still got royal Scottish, LCm and central Togo but I think I'll be ending up at ppa. Yeah I know what you mean about staying at home. I'm 21 now... I have to get out hahahaha! Yeah I know what you mean about lsmt but with trying to save up for ppa I can't be auditioning for courses and paying to audition and hotels etc and then to know already I don't want to go there. Did you get an offer there? How are all your auditions going? Yeah I do, it's jut Amy Edwards :smile: xxx

Oooh who's your friend? What year is she in? Wens your royal Scottish? Mines on the26th. I had my central yesterday, got a recall so just waiting to hear. Nah, ive got a recall for LSMT on Sunday.

They're going we'll thankyou! How about you? Ifninadd you, we discuss on there! :smile: xx
Original post by emiliebazza
Oooh who's your friend? What year is she in? Wens your royal Scottish? Mines on the26th. I had my central yesterday, got a recall so just waiting to hear. Nah, ive got a recall for LSMT on Sunday.

They're going we'll thankyou! How about you? Ifninadd you, we discuss on there! :smile: xx

Oh well done with central! Mine isn't until march as I was I'll and had to reschedule. Oh I'll see you on the 26th then haha! Good luck for lsmt! Well I'm good friend with Annie McCarroll in second year and Amy Matthews and Christina welch in first year. Do you know them? X
Reply 154
Heyaa! No worries, haha :smile: yeah I did! Had my audition at Central last month (didn't get a recall audition but no worries, haha) and my Rose B interview is on Monday :smile: argh, so nervous- but excited, too~. Central was really great! Quite large and confusing, though, with a lot of students running around. It's a busy place and at times it seemed more than a little chaotic but I'd imagine that fast-paced atmosphere would just add to the beauty of being a student there. So if that sounds like your kinda place, definitely go for it! Are you auditioning there anytime soon? xx

Thanks for replying! :smile: My drama tutor went to central and said the same thing to me. I have been given audition dates to pick but I am not sure i want to audition yet, if I do it will be this month or early next month according to their dates online. Good luck for Rose Bruford I loved it at the open day and have and audition there next month. Where else did you apply?
Reply 155
I had my London Studio Centre audition today, I don't think went all that badly, so I'm just keeping my fingers crossed for a recall!
Original post by beccalioness
Hi! I was there too, remember me? (Rebecca) how did you guys' interview go? :biggrin:

Hey! Haha, it was gooood. How intense was that interview though? I had no idea we had to prepare The Crucible, but thank god we studied it at school or I'd have been stumped. How did yours go? And was your acting interview bit as depressing as ours was?! Jesus Christ I cried full on tears, ugh. I hope they appreciate my darn hormones, dammit! xx
And was your acting interview bit as depressing as ours was?! Jesus Christ I cried full on tears, ugh. I hope they appreciate my darn hormones, dammit! xx

LOL yes it was so intense! I tried to cry too but it wasn't happening that day hahaa x
Good luck to everyone auditioning....

:smile:
hey guys :smile:hope everyone's auditions are going well, im so glad I found this thread! Anyone auditioning for Guildhall tomorrow ? has anyone got any advice for there, i've heard its quite tough and they are a bit hard on you :/ also I have drama centre on the 23th Jan, Rose B on the 30th and GSA on the 3rd Feb? has anyone got them too? xx

Quick Reply

Latest