The Student Room Group

Orthoptics 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cakey_101
Anyone know how flexible Sheffield are for orthoptics grade requirements? It's BBB, but are they likely to go down by a grade?

I reckon they probably will since they are in clearing anyway so they have places left
Original post by Aleena Maryam
I reckon they probably will since they are in clearing anyway so they have places left

Really? how do you check which unis are in clearing?
Original post by Cakey_101
Really? how do you check which unis are in clearing?

Go on the I as website and and if the ucas search tool just click the option for clearing 2016
Good Luck Everybody !!!
Has anyone got a place in Sheffield uni?
Reply 165
Original post by bigbang1234
Has anyone got a place in Sheffield uni?

Yes :smile:
Original post by shazy97

Yayy! So have i :h:
which student accommodation has everyone chosen
Reply 169
Has anyone got their books yet? If so where did you get them from?
Reply 170
heyy can anyone tell me what's the likelihood of me getting into Orthoptics with predicted grades as ABC/ACC with the A in English literature, B/C in Chemistry and C in Maths as i don't meet the full requirements of BBB. Thanks :smile:
Original post by jr2408
heyy can anyone tell me what's the likelihood of me getting into Orthoptics with predicted grades as ABC/ACC with the A in English literature, B/C in Chemistry and C in Maths as i don't meet the full requirements of BBB. Thanks :smile:

Hi,
I've recently graduated with a degree in Orthoptics and started working as an orthoptist. Most unis offering the degree will want a Biology A-level, but if you do the relevant work experience and show a good understanding, enthusiasm and commitment towards the profession then you have a good chance.
Original post by Livuniorthoptic
Hi there!

I'm one of the student ambassadors for Orthoptics at the University of Liverpool :smile:

Is there anything in particular that you would like to know?

We have a Facebook and Twitter page (@LivUniOrthoptic) that we can be reach on and we often post about information and studies relevant to Orthoptics as well as updates from student ambassadors themselves.

We also have a Pinterest page that has lots of information relevant to Orthoptics, if you would like to know more about the subject.

Good luck with your applications! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm applying for 2017 entry to Orthoptics at Liverpool and was offered a place. I was wondering woughly when you have placements throughout the first year. I was told at the applicant day but I can't remember
Thanks
Original post by Livuniorthoptic
Hi there!

I'm one of the student ambassadors for Orthoptics at the University of Liverpool :smile:

Is there anything in particular that you would like to know?

We have a Facebook and Twitter page (@LivUniOrthoptic) that we can be reach on and we often post about information and studies relevant to Orthoptics as well as updates from student ambassadors themselves.

We also have a Pinterest page that has lots of information relevant to Orthoptics, if you would like to know more about the subject.

Good luck with your applications! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've applied for 2017 entry to Orthoptics at Liverpool and was offered a place. I was wondering roughly when you have placements throughout the first year. I was told at the applicant day but I can't remember what they said.
Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest