The Student Room Group

GCSE AQA English Literature - June 2016 *Official Thread*

Scroll to see replies

Original post by vault111
For question 4

Were we allowed to compare the italised text below the title from source 1 with a list from source 3?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't say I know the answer but I think that's ok. Someone correct me if i'm wrong
I'm never using this thread again!!!!!
can everyone just calm down pls it's over so now u can chillllll Xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1564
Guys is it possible that anyone can help me out here please?

I've now finished school, and am going to college full time to study something I enjoy. However, I took English literature back in year 10 and got a 'D'. I was extremely close to a C when I was looking at the grade boundaries but the last unit I took I was ill and had a really bad headache and felt as if I'd pass out, that exam I unfortunately for a U (unit 1 I got C, unit 2 I got C, unit 3 I got U) (I done higher btw).

Although, once those exams were finished I did IGCSE English, which I passed alongside with maths. I know have qualifications in maths and English language, but will I be FORCED to retake literature?

Thanks, just don't really want to resit because I hate English.
Reply 1565
Sorry about the grammar errors xD
Original post by MitchB16
Guys is it possible that anyone can help me out here please?

I've now finished school, and am going to college full time to study something I enjoy. However, I took English literature back in year 10 and got a 'D'. I was extremely close to a C when I was looking at the grade boundaries but the last unit I took I was ill and had a really bad headache and felt as if I'd pass out, that exam I unfortunately for a U (unit 1 I got C, unit 2 I got C, unit 3 I got U) (I done higher btw).

Although, once those exams were finished I did IGCSE English, which I passed alongside with maths. I know have qualifications in maths and English language, but will I be FORCED to retake literature?

Thanks, just don't really want to resit because I hate English.

i doubt it since only english language is the important one that universities and employers look after
Has anyone got any tips for which poems to focus on in the AQA poetry anthology power and conflict cluster?

English Lit mock tomorrow... I need some last minute tips please xD
I've got mine as well if u find anything let me know
Original post by JazzRabb
Has anyone got any tips for which poems to focus on in the AQA poetry anthology power and conflict cluster?

English Lit mock tomorrow... I need some last minute tips please xD

Bit too late now, but I would practice annotating the anthology poems without any resources and then adding from your resources in another colour pen. Feel free to message me if you need any help! :smile: Hope things went okay today :smile:)
Guys help what was the power and conflict poem
I'm so stuck with lit, I honestly have no idea how/ what to revise. With it being closed book and having to remember quotes, and poems

Has anybody got any guesses to what character/theme will come up for Lord of the flies, Frankenstein, Romeo and Juliet and even the unseen poetry :smile:
Anyone doing Jane Eyre and Macbeth?
Original post by ImGonnaPassThis
Anyone doing Jane Eyre and Macbeth?

Wrong year mate, it's 2017
me
I'm studying MacBeth, Animal Farm, Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as well as the conflict poetry cluster!! I'm screwed! Good luck to all! 💕💪
Original post by KomradeKorbyn
Anyone else doing DNA by Dennis Kelly?

meee :frown:
Original post by HeimIX
All My Sons?

your my son

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending