The Student Room Group
The Code Book - Simon Singh
Schuam's Outlines Biochemistry
Barrons E-Z Chemistry
British Politics for Dummies

and a wide range of other cram notes and revision guides for my emergency A Level cramming
Reply 9942
"The Tiger's Wife"- Tea Obreht.
Reply 9943
Just about to start on David Mitchell, Ghostwritten! :biggrin: Though I should be going to sleep since I need to get up in about 5.5 hours :s-smilie:
If that's not both highly interesting and disturbing, I'd be very surprised.
Original post by SilverDoe21
I study this in English, it's a lovely book until you have to write essays on it :redface:

I wanted to use this for my coursework but wasn't allowed to. Apparently it wasn't "A-level standard". Whatever that means :p:
Reply 9947
Devils - Dostoevsky. He was nothing short of a genius... without any doubt my favourite writer.
just finished Louis de Bernieres' wonderful book The Troublesome Offspring of Cardinal Guzman...
Am 1/3 of the way through Birds Without Wings by the same author.

Both highly recommended

bare

:badger:
Reply 9949
the unbearable lightness of being by milan kundera. really beautiful, eclectic book.
Original post by British_Student^^
I wanted to use this for my coursework but wasn't allowed to. Apparently it wasn't "A-level standard". Whatever that means :p:

Haha I study it at A Level so tell AQA that :tongue: Well, AS Level
A great biography of Roald Dahl by Donald Sturrock :biggrin:
Original post by Evielee_17
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert. But only because I have this thing about reading the book before watching the film :cookie:

Hated that book! What do you think of it?
Not a fictional book but I'm reading 'Secret Fire. The Spiritual Vision of JRR Tolkein' by Stratford Caldecott. Basically about how Tolkein's Catholicism influenced his writings :h:
I'm not gonna read any books/novels for leisure until after I've sat my exams. I'm hating it! I crave some good literature. :frown:
Original post by MelissaJayne
I'm not gonna read any books/novels for leisure until after I've sat my exams. I'm hating it! I crave some good literature. :frown:

I'm in the same boat - there's just no time!

Although, when I do have time, of which I make most of, I read;
The Master and the Margarita - Mikhail Bulgakov
Nineteen Eighty-Four - George Orwell
Reply 9956
FINALLY got my Fran Lebowitz Reader ( an undisputed advantage of living in Eastern Europe - postal services can eat your nerves in no time when it comes to getting a book from the States)

An excerpt from her Tips for Teens:

Wearing dark glasses at the breakfast table is socially acceptable only if you are legally blind or partaking of your morning meal out of doors during a total eclipse of the sun.

Should your political opinions be at extreme variance with those of your parents, keep in mind that while it is indeed your constitutional right to express these sentiments verbally, it is unseemly to do so with your mouth full–particularly when it is full of the oppressor's standing rib roast.

Try to derive some comfort from the knowledge that if your guidance counselor were working up to his potential, he wouldn't still be in high school.

Should you be a teenager blessed with uncommon good looks, document this state of affairs by the taking of photographs. It is the only way anyone will ever believe you in years to come.

Avoid the use of drugs whenever possible. For while they may, at this juncture, provide a pleasant diversion, they are, on the whole, not the sort of thing that will in later years (should you have later years) be of much use in the acquisition of richly rewarding tax shelters and beachfront property.

Remember that as a teenager you are at the last stage in your life when you will be happy to hear that the phone is for you.

Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra. In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra.

Currently reading:
James Baldwin - Go Tell It on the Mountain
Hanif Kureishi - The Buddha of Suburbia
and D.H.Lawrence's 'The Rainbow' which should be a priority since I've got only a few more days to finish it
Original post by SilverDoe21
Haha I study it at A Level so tell AQA that :tongue: Well, AS Level

It's WJEC, but yeah I don't understand what makes something A level standard or not :p:
Reply 9958
10001st post! :woo:

Latest

Trending

Trending