The Student Room Group

University of ulster ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
my advice to anyone applying for nursing would be to get work experience paid or voluntary!!! anything you can. and write about if you have any relevant life experience! plus theres always alot of voluntary work out there and community work!

but fingers crossed i get in this year and give you tips GALORE!
lol

xox
Reply 141
Original post by tenor-drummer
any tips on my personal statement for next year then :-) lol?

My personal statement was SO personal !!
Thats the best advice I could give you, make it as personal as you can. Alot of people apply with 'I want to be a nurse because they are bla bla bla' whereas I wrote about what I have seen nurses do for my family etc. If that makes any sense??? lol xxx
Original post by shampoo1
My personal statement was SO personal !!
Thats the best advice I could give you, make it as personal as you can. Alot of people apply with 'I want to be a nurse because they are bla bla bla' whereas I wrote about what I have seen nurses do for my family etc. If that makes any sense??? lol xxx

Hey, yeah my personal statement was REALLY personal as well, I wrote about what ive seen nurses do 4 my family, and me! Oh well! I'm gutted!
Reply 143
Original post by tenor-drummer
Hey, yeah my personal statement was REALLY personal as well, I wrote about what ive seen nurses do 4 my family, and me! Oh well! I'm gutted!

Im gutted 4 u too :frown: :frown:
I know how much you wanted it!! me and you were ALWAYS commenting here haha xxx
Reply 144
Hi everyone I'm new to this post, I've applied for both adult and mental health nursing at magee as of yet I haven't heard anything at all from magee just wondering has everyone received there decision or am I still the only one waiting??? It is killing me I'm practically stalking the postman everyday..lol
hi ive applied to magee for both adult and mental health..got interviews for both for 8th march.....soo nervous dont know what 2 expect :confused:
Reply 146
justme240983 if you dont mind me asking did you get a letter in the post or was it just on ucas?
Reply 147
Original post by Joanne238
Hi everyone I'm new to this post, I've applied for both adult and mental health nursing at magee as of yet I haven't heard anything at all from magee just wondering has everyone received there decision or am I still the only one waiting??? It is killing me I'm practically stalking the postman everyday..lol

Hi hun,

Everyone on here got emails on Thursday afternoon around 4:30pm ish with interview dates etc xxx
Reply 148
has anyone applied or heard of anyone who has had interview at magee before??? and no what to expect?
like how is everyone preparing for questions?? or what they looking into to help!!
im sucha worrier and cos i want this soo bad is making me worse!! haha. but any help would be greatly appreciated :smile::smile:

xox
Reply 149
Original post by shampoo1
Hi hun,

Everyone on here got emails on Thursday afternoon around 4:30pm ish with interview dates etc xxx

Thanks for letting me know, am really starting to worry now i dont know whether to ring in to magee see whats happening or just wait. I really want to get a chance for interview, i had a place four years ago but i failed my gcse maths so i lost the place i ended up getting into psychology through clearing, now ive decided that it really is nursing that i want to do.. Ahh am going mad..lol xxx
Reply 150
The panel want to know alot about your personality and your past experiance. if you show your communication skills through your answer you will get points as it is a point process.
Reply 151
Just checked my actual university of ulster email address i got an interview for both adult and mental health..woohooo am so excited yet nervous...lol
Reply 152
Thanks for letting me know, am really starting to worry now i dont know whether to ring in to magee see whats happening or just wait. I really want to get a chance for interview, i had a place four years ago but i failed my gcse maths so i lost the place i ended up getting into psychology through clearing, now ive decided that it really is nursing that i want to do.. Ahh am going mad..lol xxx

DEF ring in, sure you have nothing to lose by asking :smile:
Awwww I hope you get interview!! Esp seeing as you were so close to getting on it before!! I'm still trying to re-arrange the date of my interview! I rang but they told me to email which I have done.. twice! haha xxx
Reply 153
Just checked my actual university of ulster email address i got an interview for both adult and mental health..woohooo am so excited yet nervous...lol

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyyyyy xxx
Reply 154
Thanks..:wink: cant believe i didn't check it before it was sent on thurs don't understand why it went to that email address i didnt put it down on ucas aw well im happy anyway..:wink: i think you should just keep ringing them as they rarely respond to your emails. When is your interview? xxx
well done to every1 who got an interview! So what is everyone planning on wearing? im unsure what to do! Last yr i went v smart! pencil skirt and a shirt! but i was so uncomfortable it really wasnt me! I was thinking that this yr i was going to go smart casual? what does ever1 think?
justme240983 if you dont mind me asking did you get a letter in the post or was it just on ucas?

I just got an email..go and check your emails cos apparently alot of people havent noticed it as its not from uni or ucas its under the mane catherine coyle.....
good luck :smile:
Original post by catherinec18
well done to every1 who got an interview! So what is everyone planning on wearing? im unsure what to do! Last yr i went v smart! pencil skirt and a shirt! but i was so uncomfortable it really wasnt me! I was thinking that this yr i was going to go smart casual? what does ever1 think?

oh catherine thats the exact dilemma im having lol i really dont know what to wear, ive been told smart by some other nursing students but im just not a dressy person, i think smart casual is an excellent idea..why pretend to be someone where not plus i think if i felt uncomfortable in my clothes id mess up
Reply 158
I think smart casual is the best idea maybe black trousers & shirt or a dress, I think a suit is far too dressy it's really hard to know what's best, you want them to think that you've made an effort..
yes girls thats what i was thinking! its better to do a good interview looking smart/casual than a crap one looking smart.... if that makes any sense lol x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending