The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by miss_shezza
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Bulgaria to Study Medicine and am now considering going through an agency that can guarantee entry to save me the hassle of not having a place.

Just wondering, has anyone used InterHECS?

Are they any good and what are the fees like? What entry requirements do they want? SME comes across too expensive to me, I can't justify spending £5,000 for an admission when I could use that towards a year's tuition fees..Any help and advice would be great and really appreciated!!

Thanks,Shay 😊

I'd suggest looking into Medical Doorway. They are free, and they don't guarantee entry, but they do allow for applications to Pleven MU. You'll probably get an offer within a week depending on your grades, as some of the people I know have.

I don't know anything about other paid agencies so I can't help you there, sorry.
Reply 321
Original post by BristolFresher15
I'd suggest looking into Medical Doorway. They are free, and they don't guarantee entry, but they do allow for applications to Pleven MU. You'll probably get an offer within a week depending on your grades, as some of the people I know have.

I don't know anything about other paid agencies so I can't help you there, sorry.

Hi, do you know any other free advisor? Medical doorway doesn't work wit Romanian universities :frown:
Original post by Killyb
Hi, do you know any other free advisor? Medical doorway doesn't work wit Romanian universities :frown:

Nope, sorry :frown:
Original post by maria-z
Heyy you could apply like I did through an agency. They arrange everything and make it really simple. I know how stressful it is when applying and also I know there are some agencies really taking advantage of students. I recommend the agency that I went through because they really lived up to what I expected. They got me admission, found me an apartment and also they arrange attachments with UK hospitals on graduation :smile: msg me if you need any help x

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which agency did you use? Thank you so much
Original post by glucos3
Which agency did you use? Thank you so much

Careful, no agency has any authority or ability to arrange UK hospital attachments. At the FY1 level this is arranged by the multiprofesssional deaneries and for some of FY2 by hospitals through NHS Jobs.

This post stinks of something rotten.
Original post by Sandomando
Hi, could you let me know what agency you went through please?
Thank you :smile:

Hi can u plz tell me the agency u used too. Thanks
Hi
What are the entry requirements to study medicine in Romania?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 327
Original post by Lakeside
That's what's really concerning me, the fact that on the website they've stated that they have no agreements whatsoever with Study Medicine Europe.
I've already got an application for Pleven and I'm on the waiting list. Like you said, last resort and it's a backup.

I've emailed SME about the website thing and awaiting a response (this should be good lol)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey did you get a reply from SME about this?
Original post by Aaahh!
Hey did you get a reply from SME about this?

Because SME and in fact all fee charging agencies are either a rip off or just a blatant con!
Reply 329
Original post by basit282828
Hi
What are the entry requirements to study medicine in Romania?
Thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile

minimum of grade B IN biology and chemistry
Original post by miss_shezza
Hey guys, I'm thinking of applying to Bulgaria to Study Medicine and am now considering going through an agency that can guarantee entry to save me the hassle of not having a place.

Just wondering, has anyone used InterHECS?

Are they any good and what are the fees like? What entry requirements do they want? SME comes across too expensive to me, I can't justify spending £5,000 for an admission when I could use that towards a year's tuition fees..Any help and advice would be great and really appreciated!!

Thanks,Shay 😊

SME are charging £5,000? Is it because of your grades because they're charging different to others from posts I have been going through. I had a look into Interhecs because they are based in bulgaria so I thought they'd have better links but I can't understand what they say lol and I don't want there to be miscommunications for when I apply. I spoke to Medical Doorway and Tutelage too. Medical Doorway seem good but after application is submitted they don't help you with anything else. Tutelage do the same as Medical Doorway from what I have heard and then they help with transition services too. I still need to do more research though
Original post by daliah123
SME are charging £5,000? Is it because of your grades because they're charging different to others from posts I have been going through. I had a look into Interhecs because they are based in bulgaria so I thought they'd have better links but I can't understand what they say lol and I don't want there to be miscommunications for when I apply. I spoke to Medical Doorway and Tutelage too. Medical Doorway seem good but after application is submitted they don't help you with anything else. Tutelage do the same as Medical Doorway from what I have heard and then they help with transition services too. I still need to do more research though

Medical doorway do help with the transition etc. and this is why I chose them for all the Czech applications I made (3 in total lol) and my Pleven back up, which I didn't need. Have you seen their news section?
Original post by maria-z
That is if you want to try negotiating with estate agents in another language and figure the entire thing out for yourself. The agency I went through are still helping me and also arrange valuable summer placements in the UK :smile: something that's not easy to get! But I definitely do agree that some agencies rip you off! You just need to choose wisely, but the whole experience goes so much smoother with a good consultant

can you please let me know which agency did u use? many thanks
hey, anyone here gng to Pleven in 2017 Feb? Or any current students?
Any non eu students applying to varna,
:yes:
Original post by anuradha97
hey, anyone here gng to Pleven in 2017 Feb? Or any current students?

I started in Feb if that helps
Original post by Abz1901
I started in Feb if that helps

Hey! How are you finding it? How are the lecturers and the facilities at the uni? Also, is it true that there no long breaks between feb to dec? Thanks
Reply 338
Hi,
i am interested in admission in Romania. Please PM me.I will pay for the service.

thanks
Reply 339
Original post by crazyinmedicine
hey guys i am a 4th year medical student in constanta romania. I just came across this website, i saw many of you guys thinking to apply for medicine in Romania and europe. i just wanted to let u guys know if u need any advice or information i am here to help.

Hi,
i am interested to get admission in your Uni. please PM me. I will pay for the service.
Thanks

Latest

Trending

Trending