The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I think the question A1 is going to be
role of local givernmetn or something about devolution
A4
heart says electoral system hope voting behavour but looking at trend its voting behaviour but i think electoral system
health and wealth
a factor about health
and collectivism v individualism
usa
powers of president or em and american dream
Original post by Nfergs
I agree, the voting behaviour question was a gift! However, the USA question seemed reasonably difficult.

The USA question was the EXACT SAME question that is in the higher modern studies specimen paper.
Reply 82
we get to choose which essay to write on in the "health and wealth" section, right?! (just checking).
and does anybody have a fairly recent example of a bill being ruled unconstitutional by the U.S. supreme court?
Reply 83
Original post by Nfergs
I have 3 essay plans which I can send you for this question. One just on the powers of the PM, another on Powers of the PM but with limits from Cabinet, and the last on Powers of the PM but with limits from Parliament. Also, the Parliament one is slightly longer as it's 2 essay plans in 1 since a question could possibly ask the influence of Parliament or just backbencher MPs on limiting the powers of the PM. :grin:

Hi, thanks for your reply.

That would be great if you could send me those essay plans as this area is confusing me a little.

It is much appreciated. :smile:
Does anyone think that for A4 electoral systems that it might just be one electoral system like how does the advantages for fptp outweigh the disadvantages? Or maybe both?! Also, anyone else freaking out Friday!!:frown:

I'm thinking health for DME but I think sqa are going to be sneaky this year and change all the patterns!:frown:
Original post by Laurendick.17
Does anyone think that for A4 electoral systems that it might just be one electoral system like how does the advantages for fptp outweigh the disadvantages? Or maybe both?! Also, anyone else freaking out Friday!!:frown:

I'm thinking health for DME but I think sqa are going to be sneaky this year and change all the patterns!:frown:

I think they are more likely to ask something like "FPTP is the best case scenario for better representation and choice. Discuss" where by you talk about FPTP and then compare it to the likes of STV and/or AMS

I don't think that they will be that sneaky and change 'all' the patterns, that wouldn't be fair and to be honest I don't really see what difference it makes whether the DME is health or wealth - if you've studied for question B5&6 then you should know relevant background knowledge.
Original post by scottish19
I think they are more likely to ask something like "FPTP is the best case scenario for better representation and choice. Discuss" where by you talk about FPTP and then compare it to the likes of STV and/or AMS

I don't think that they will be that sneaky and change 'all' the patterns, that wouldn't be fair and to be honest I don't really see what difference it makes whether the DME is health or wealth - if you've studied for question B5&6 then you should know relevant background knowledge.

Yeah:frown:

However, I'm not studying wealth a lot as my school haven't properly been taught it due to different circumstances through the departments health:frown: so its a bit patchy for me, but I'm assuming from what I have learned its common sense:smile:
My ideal questions would be

A4 - media
B5/b6 - health inequalities
C9 - powers of the president
C11- aid for development:smile:
Reply 88
Are we likely to get a gender inequalities question?
Would love that to come up
Reply 89
Original post by Malmo's
Are we likely to get a gender inequalities question?
Would love that to come up

It could possibly be a gender and ethnic inequalities question, or just one of those inequalities.
Reply 90
Original post by Laurendick.17

I think it will be a comparison of 2 electoral systems, i.e. FPTP and a PR electoral system.
Original post by scottish19
What was so bad about last years paper?
Can't say it was any harder than any other paper I've seen to be honest

Probably just because of the study themes that my class have studied, personally didnt like the usa question las year or the a1 question!
Reply 92
What kind of question will be asked regarding the welfare state ?
Reply 93
If it's a voting behavior question that comes up is there any indications as to what it may be on? Seen the media mentioned a couple times in here so is that the likely question?
Reply 94
Hi, anyone else doing China? Any predictions of what the question will be in the exam? Revision's going good. Done a couple of timed essays and DMEs :biggrin:. Here's what I'm hoping comes up:

A4 - AMS v FPTP
B - either gender inequalities in health/wealth or founding principles of the Welfare State (this came up in my prelim and was my best essay so fingers crossed! :crossedf:.)
C8 - market economy (hasn't come up for a while..) or little opposition to the CCP/ China becoming more democratic.
C9 - powers of the president.

Hope the revising's gone well for you guys!
Reply 95
It will be probably a direct question.

Last years question was about social class being the most important influence on voting behavior. This was very bland and left a lot of room for vague answers ect.

I think possibly it will be about maybe comparing Media impact on something. I am not sure..
Like I said I doubt it would be another vague question.
Reply 96
Could anyone run through what the possible questions are for section B? Starting to panic here
Reply 97
For gender and race inequalities what is the best way to structure an essay ?
Would it be best to do separate health inequalities, social inequalities etc. or would it be best to do paragraphs on each saying the differences?
I'm really panicking now!
What I got told was that it could be PR vs FPTP or it could be Media since it was 2009 or Two Party system which has never been up
For America I was told voting behaviour and USA is fair and democratic
And I've no clue what to do for Africa but we were told Aid or trade might come up.
We have a completely diffferent teacher for The UK inequalities and DME and she doesn't have a clue which doesn't help.
Anyone else in the same boat?? :s-smilie:
Reply 99
Original post by Malmo's
If it's a voting behavior question that comes up is there any indications as to what it may be on? Seen the media mentioned a couple times in here so is that the likely question?

It will probably be social class or media. You would say social class used to be the most important factor up until the 1970s, and that the media is emerging as the most important factors as it's the most important source for policitcal information.

Latest

Trending

Trending