The Student Room Group
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website

Primary Teaching course !!

Hey, I just got accepted to Wolverhampton uni on Friday after my interview on monday 30th of Jan !!! :biggrin:

Was just wondering if anyone else has been accepted and if they are concidering going there !! :smile:

Byee :tongue:
Reply 1
Never been there, i had an interview for other project before but for a private reasons i did not go.
I heard alot about this uni and the city, unfortunately most of the views are not positive.

But this does not mean its bad choice. You need to do your own research and see what is your options

Good luck
On campus
University of Wolverhampton
Wolverhampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Well I suppose everyone has their own opinions ,, I've been twice once to visit and once for my interview and I absolutly loved it :/
Reply 3
Good luck :-)
Reply 4
Original post by ZS1994
Hey, I just got accepted to Wolverhampton uni on Friday after my interview on monday 30th of Jan !!! :biggrin:

Was just wondering if anyone else has been accepted and if they are concidering going there !! :smile:

I have got an offer for primary teaching too. Loved the uni however have been told the area/nightlife isn't all that so i'm not quite sure what to think.
Have you got any other offers?
Reply 5
Original post by Katienev
I have got an offer for primary teaching too. Loved the uni however have been told the area/nightlife isn't all that so i'm not quite sure what to think.

Ive not got any other offers but I have another interview at Bangor ont he 14th of March !!
Ive heard really good reports about Wolverhampton, its still my first choice :smile:
Do you have any other offers ? :smile:
Reply 6
Hi,
Got an offer this afternoon for Primary education and it my first choice, I've been there twice once for an open day and the other for my interview, cant wait to go it seems to really suit what i was looking for. Have you accepted your offer yet.
Reply 7
Original post by lemzie
Hi,
Got an offer this afternoon for Primary education and it my first choice, I've been there twice once for an open day and the other for my interview, cant wait to go it seems to really suit what i was looking for. Have you accepted your offer yet.

Hey Lemzie :smile:
Congratulations btw, yes I accepted it as my firm choice on Friday !! and I totally agree with what your saying because it seems to totally suit me too :smile: Is it going to be your first choice? and what other aceptances have you got/where else did you apply? Good luck and maybe see you around in the future :smile: x
Reply 8
Original post by ZS1994
Hey Lemzie :smile:
Congratulations btw, yes I accepted it as my firm choice on Friday !! and I totally agree with what your saying because it seems to totally suit me too :smile: Is it going to be your first choice? and what other aceptances have you got/where else did you apply? Good luck and maybe see you around in the future :smile: x

Hi ZS1994,
Yes, Wolverhampton is my firm choice, confirmed it yesterday! I also got accepted to Bishop Grosseteste in lincon and this is my Insurance, i also applied to Plymouth, Chester and Cumbria.
What others did you apply for?
Good luck to you too and Maybe we will see each other. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by lemzie
Hi ZS1994,
Yes, Wolverhampton is my firm choice, confirmed it yesterday! I also got accepted to Bishop Grosseteste in lincon and this is my Insurance, i also applied to Plymouth, Chester and Cumbria.
What others did you apply for?
Good luck to you too and Maybe we will see each other. :smile:

Hey :smile:
Bangor is my insurance choice, and I applied to Chester, York St Johns, and Manchester Met :smile:
Do you want to swap details at all so we can chat, because more than likely (*fingers crossed*)we are going to be going to the same uni :smile: xx
Reply 10
Original post by ZS1994
Hey :smile:
Bangor is my insurance choice, and I applied to Chester, York St Johns, and Manchester Met :smile:
Do you want to swap details at all so we can chat, because more than likely (*fingers crossed*)we are going to be going to the same uni :smile: xx

I was looking at Bangor, but I realised it was a bit too far from home,
and sure we can swap contact, i've sent you a friend request :smile:
Reply 11
Hey,

Just thought I'd say that I'm about to finish my first year on the Primary Ed course here at Wolverhampton/Walsall campus. I have absolutely loved it, and can't believe that freshers is nearly over, with just exams to go next week! Yes the uni doesn't have the highest reputation, and I won't pretend that everything has been perfect all the time, but overall the course and lecturers are good.

I have been living in Student Village halls, and am actually a Residential Assistant for September, so look forward to hopefully welcoming some of you on move in day!

Any questions about the course, or life in halls here (I have lots of friends in Gorway too!) then I'll do my best to help, as I know how daunting it can be!

Eleanor x
Reply 12
Original post by eleanor12
Hey,

Just thought I'd say that I'm about to finish my first year on the Primary Ed course here at Wolverhampton/Walsall campus. I have absolutely loved it, and can't believe that freshers is nearly over, with just exams to go next week! Yes the uni doesn't have the highest reputation, and I won't pretend that everything has been perfect all the time, but overall the course and lecturers are good.

I have been living in Student Village halls, and am actually a Residential Assistant for September, so look forward to hopefully welcoming some of you on move in day!

Any questions about the course, or life in halls here (I have lots of friends in Gorway too!) then I'll do my best to help, as I know how daunting it can be!

Eleanor x

Thank you so much Eleanor!! Im really looking forward to coming in september, just all depends on my exam results but fingers crossed they will be fine.
So our paths may cross next year!
Good luck with your exams, I'm sure you'll do fine!
Zoe x
Reply 13
Original post by ZS1994
Thank you so much Eleanor!! Im really looking forward to coming in september, just all depends on my exam results but fingers crossed they will be fine.
So our paths may cross next year!
Good luck with your exams, I'm sure you'll do fine!
Zoe x

Are you going to be in halls? I've officially finished first year now, which has gone crazily fast!! One tip for you and anyone else doing teaching - get organised! Cos sometimes things from the uni's side aren't as well organised as they should be, and it really helps if you're organised so you don't have to stress lol.

Thanks, they went okay I hope, just waiting on results now. Cannot wait for September though, bring on freshers week!!

Eleanor x
Reply 14
Yeah I got a place in the student village :smile: I'm really excited!
thanks again for offering you help :smile:
Zoe xx
Reply 15
Original post by ZS1994
Yeah I got a place in the student village :smile: I'm really excited!
thanks again for offering you help :smile:
Zoe xx

Ahhhh I may be moving you in in September then!! I have a few friends who are on the Best Mates team too - students who help you move in and find your way around through freshers.

No worries, glad to help :smile:

Eleanor xx
Reply 16
Original post by Katienev

Hey, where have you chosen in the end? I've just finished first year at Wolves and the nightlife really isn't as bad as made out - alright Walsall isn't the best, but student Wednesday's are a great cheap night, and there's Wolverhampton and Birmingham up the road. Plus the BOOM bar crawls in Wolverhampton are really worth going to! Good luck with wherever you've chosen though :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ZS1994

Hey i put BCU as my 1st choice but by the looks of things i will be going to Wolverhampton (2nd choice) to do Early primary education! :smile: x
Reply 18
Original post by Vickifb123
Hey i put BCU as my 1st choice but by the looks of things i will be going to Wolverhampton (2nd choice) to do Early primary education! :smile: x

Cool :smile: Are you going to be staying in halls?
Maybe see you around this September xx

Quick Reply