The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Thanks. Good luck to you too. :smile: I cannot wait for all this to be over either! Only three more days. :smile:
Reply 121
omg..that was an interesting exam...

i spent ages doing the ireneaen theodicy question...i just couldn't think of what to write...

what is mysticism...at first i thought that was a hard question...but then when i got writing it 15 mins before the end...i was writing loads...total missed opportunity there...

oh well...hopefully i scraped a c...doubtful though...completely disorganised on my assessment of the ireneaen theodicy...

geez...

how did every one else find it? better than me i hope :smile:
That wasn't as bad as it might have been. I did questions one and two - felt like I couldn't remember enough for mysticism.

Was sad the ontological argument didn't come up though - that was something I knew (know) quite extensively. Ahh well.

=D
Reply 123
I found the exam quite easy tbh.

I answered Qs 1 and 3. Loved the question on proof. I talked about how believers might not need proof - faith alone is sufficient for belief in a God. Explained how atheists are more likely to require evidence of a God in order to believe, and the problems with 'blind faith' etc. Said how difficult it is to really prove anything - gave the example of a prosecutor in court having to prove 'beyond all reasonable doubt' that the defendant is guilty. Science and mathematics attempt to provide explanations and prove things through inductive and deductive reasoning. Also mentioned the principles of credulity and testimony, and how they relate to proof.

Methinks the grade boundaries will be higher this year.
Reply 124
futurelawyer
I found the exam quite easy tbh.

I answered Qs 1 and 3. Loved the question on proof. I talked about how believers might not need proof - faith alone is sufficient for belief in a God. Explained how atheists are more likely to require evidence of a God in order to believe, and the problems with 'blind faith' etc. Said how difficult it is to really prove anything - gave the example of a prosecutor in court having to prove 'beyond all reasonable doubt' that the defendant is guilty. Science and mathematics attempt to provide explanations and prove things through inductive and deductive reasoning. Also mentioned the principles of credulity and testimony, and how they relate to proof.

Methinks the grade boundaries will be higher this year.

Which topic will you be doing for RS12?
Reply 125
Absinth
Which topic will you be doing for RS12?

Life, Death and Beyond.
Reply 126
Ah, ok.
Reply 127
I thought it was quite easy.

Question 1a and 2a were possibly the best questions ever!

But, I hated the what is proof question, i just wrote about analytic, synthetic, a piori etc as a way of proving things. Luckily its only worth 10 marks. I reckon i got a high b to mid a.
argh this thread is making me depressed
eurgh me too... q2 went okay but because I absolutely detest proofs n probability I did q3, and that didn't go too well lol... bring on rs12! so not ready for that either

Latest

Trending

Trending