The Student Room Group

Why do you hate on Justin Bieber?

Hello TSR, this is probably not going to be a very popular thread but I guess I'd just like to see what you guys think, because I find it appauling.

I've seen many anti-Bieber posts on this forum, and elsewhere (just check his baby video).

So I'll highlight the reasons he gets hated.

High Voice girl: His voice dropped last year, look for yourself.

He's gay: He obvioulsy has a Gf, that's just feminine really. I've seen loads of threads on TSR where people complain about being called gay baselessly and I don't see them getting hated on by you guys.

He's a ****: Everyone has their moments, yes there's some videos of him doing stuff I'm sure he isn't proud of.. but being in the media eye 24/7 as he is.. if he was a serious **** I'd expect MUCH more publicity. Considering there's only a few over the past few years. Also Cognitive Psychology suggests the Fundamental attribution error where we accidentally attribute someone's behaviour internally when external causes are equally as likely.

e.g. We'd attribute a rude receptionist as a Bitch, perhaps she was just having a bad day.

What about the good things he does for this world?

Anti bullying campaigns..

There are more.

How can you hate on this guy... And before you say publicity stunt.. Who is most likely to use fame to help others (out of generousity) and dedicate half their career to do so. The likes of Kim Kardashian who grew up rich, spoilt etc.. or a kid who got's mother struggled to raise him and so had to go to meals on wheels to help him them get food etc, and had to play guitar on the streets for some extra change to help support his mother at the age of 10-11. Oh and just to add, he's spent loads more on charity than he has on himself, so it's not as if he just wants to make more and more money because he doesn't really spend it. He's also following over a hundred thousand people on Twitter, which I think it's admirable because I've never seen another celebrity do that. And he constantly tweets and Retweets his fans ^_^

This is quite sad to see anyone do.. :frown:

Lastly "he's talentless, gtfo."

He self taught himself the Drums, Guitar and learnt the trumpet and he can obviously sing.. hence why he got discovered..

So why do you guys hate on him?

Edit: It's amazing, even more recent after making this thread he's done more good stuff. Read below, it's really heart warming.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2101011/Justin-Bieber-grants-Avalanna-Rouths-Valentines-Day-wish-marrying-her.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Also I found out that he gave 7 million of his own money to the Japan Earthquake and 3 million to Haiti, bare in mind he doesn't even have access to all his money yet because he's not even 18.
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I don't like him but I'm pretty sick of the internet whinging about how much they hate him, just like how the Twilight hate's become boring, even though I don't like Twilight either. :colonhash:
Reply 2
I think people will always need some kind of person to bully and be the object of their mockery. Justin Bieber rose to prominence as a kid, he has a baby face, not only a baby voice, a lot of his stuff is incredibly puerile, and his audience is also mostly young teenage girls gone wild. He's an easy target really. Nothing more to it.

There might also be a part of jealousy in it as well. Personally I'm not a fan, but I don't hate the kid. I do think the craze about it him is somewhat ridiculous, and I don't think he's that great. He's going out with a disney star. But yeah. I don't listen to him, but I don't bash out about him either.
Reply 3
I honestly couldn't give a **** about him, even though his fans are annoying and his music is crap.

Don't understand why people hate him, maybe these people should concentrate more on their own lives.

There are far worse people in the world that an 18 year old pop star ffs.

What is German?
Reply 5
I don't hate him, it's his fans. They completely ruin Twitter :'(
Reply 6
I don't hate him (would be silly since I don't know him), I just despise his music. I am allowed to do that, aren't I?

Yeah, hating men/boys just because they appear feminine is revolting. I guess people who hate him for that reason are just jealous because of his success and the amount of attention he receives. :colonhash:
his music just isn't good though is it....
I don't hate him. I just don't think he's a good singer (he doesn't happen to have good songs either).
Reply 9
Original post by Ite?
I honestly couldn't give a **** about him, even though his fans are annoying and his music is crap.

Don't understand why people hate him, maybe these people should concentrate more on their own lives.

There are far worse people in the world that an 18 year old pop star ffs.

I'll agree on the fanbase point. But i've never seen a fanbase like it. 80% of twitter users are Beliebers according to recent stats. I think the fact those girls are so vocal is to combat the hate. I don't tend to hang round with teenage girls though so they tend not to bother me haha
I've never really understood this either.
Obviously everyone that hates on him was equally rich and in the media spotlight at the age of 17 and thus has LOTS of ground to judge.

More aggravating are his fans, I'd say, and this 'Belieber' idea - urgh.
Reply 11
Original post by L'art pour l'art
I don't hate him. I just don't think he's a good singer (he doesn't happen to have good songs either).

Are you talking about the singing that comes through in his songs?

I think he's quite a good singer, just disslike the way his label directs him.
I dont hate Bieber, but One Direction are annoying.
Reply 13
I don't like songs personally listen to rap ... So id hate his music ... But when that many ppl are hating on you ... Surely your doing something right ... 17 and worth 56 million that's y ppl hate him
Reply 14
Original post by Ohlavelle
I've never really understood this either.
Obviously everyone that hates on him was equally rich and in the media spotlight at the age of 17 and thus has LOTS of ground to judge.

More aggravating are his fans, I'd say, and this 'Belieber' idea - urgh.

Yeah.. Theres Directioners etc now.. My personal fav = JLS-TD's
Reply 15
I'm indifferent towards him. His music isn't good, however I don't hate him.
i'm not advocating hating him, but I understand. fame is a very enigmatic phenomenon in the modern world. It's NEVER easy.

people such as justin bieber are gears of a corporate mechanism that's not designed to contribute to the pantheons of artistry. essentially, he's a whore who's being pimped by rich white men in suits.
Yeah, the hate is kind of getting old now. I mean, don't get me wrong, I think his music is crap and he looks like he's 12, but I don't quite understand why so many people hate him.
Reply 18
Original post by Lorem Ipsum

What is German?

In an interview months before that, he was captured saying his grandparent is German. He thought they were saying "Jewman"
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by hecandothatfromran
i'm not advocating hating him, but I understand. fame is a very enigmatic phenomenon in the modern world. It's NEVER easy.

people such as justin bieber are gears of a corporate mechanism that's not designed to contribute to the pantheons of artistry. essentially, he's a whore who's being pimped by rich white men in suits.

that is a wise first post man.

I don't personally hate Justin Bieber himself.. and why would I? don't know the guy.

It's just how obviously formulaic his entire musical 'agenda' is.. and there are people out there eating it up and keeping the cycle of **** going and going. To his musical "talents"... I don't think many of his popular singles feature him doing much drumming or trumpet playing...

The lyrics... well... they speak for themselves..

For what he is, I don't feel he deserves a penny for what he has done.. there are so many bands and artists that could make it, and they're bringing actual material and substance to kick-start a long-dead music industry..( its now a 'factory'.) but they don't, because of the idiots that get hung-up on the 'celebrity' of some talentless 'mod-als'.

boy bands.... girl bands... sexy girls... sexy boys... boy bands... girl bands... sexy girls... sexy boys... boy bands... girl bands... sexy girls.... sexy girls.. sexy girls.. more sexy girls...

tell me if you notice a recurring theme....

Quick Reply

Latest