The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Nature of sleep -June11 and Life span-June10. I think they were 4 markers though..not sure
Original post by Brap4k22DivideBy2
Nature of sleep -June11 and Life span-June10. I think they were 4 markers though..not sure

My mistake :smile: Yes you were right, it was a 4maker and a 9 marker! :'(
Reply 862
Original post by madman94
So going on past papers, it isn't very likely. And do you know if you could get a 24 marker on all of these topics, SLT, deindividuation, institutional, neural mechanisms, hormonal mechanisms, genetics, evolutionary and group displays? Thanks and sorry for all the questions haha

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

They could come up as 24 markers, I'm predicting either genetics, neural/hormonal or deindividualisation comes up

Reply 863
Has anyone got a list of all the questions which have come up for aggression eating and sleep? Or shall I stop being lazy and find out myself?!

Reply 864
For eating disorders.. The question regarding factors which influence food preference.. Such as mood culture and health concerns.. When evaluating saying it is deterministic is it because it's suggesting we are predetermined or because it's suggesting it's due to our free will :s-smilie:

Reply 865
I'm confused regarding evolutionary explanations of gender, my book only talks about the parental investment theory with research supporting it/going against it.
I have another essay I printed off the internet and it talks about:
general theory
explanation of aggression - hunter gatherers, testosterone (beeman)
comparative problems of Beeman
Explanations of sexual differences - parental investment, clark and hatfield, Buss
social desirability problems,
interfering variable of perceived dangers
feminist problems

and then i have an essay plan off the internet that says:

intro
a01 detail into explanations - thompson et al, kuhn et al, bem. Buss
a01/a02 into male gender roles - wilson and Daly, ginsberg and miller
a01/a02 into female gender roles - Hill and Hurtado, Steffan and Eagly
a01/a02 into differences in attitudes to sexual relationships
a02 evaluation

what should go into an essay about evolutionary explanations of gender roles?
Hey, does anyone have any ideas for IDA's to put into explanations for other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy and sleepwalking? I have a real world application but a few IDA's would be helpful. Your help would be much appreciated!
Reply 867
Hi, would neural mechanisms and hormonal mechanisms of aggression ever be asked separately as essays?

Would appreciate it if someone could provide an outline for explanations of sleep disorders, for some reason my AO2 is really good but my AO1 seems to be lacking. My teacher said I did too little points on too many.
hardly any threadss on PSY B3 :frown:
Hi, would neural mechanisms and hormonal mechanisms of aggression ever be asked separately as essays?

It could happen, but if it was 24 marks that would be far too harsh! I have seen 4+8 markers for the one or the other though, but it is worth having extensive knowledge of each if you can find the time to revise them. eurghh one of my least favourite topics
(edited 11 years ago)

it can be, weather it's likely or not is a different matter :smile:
Does anyone have a model essay for explanations of institutional aggression? I'd really appreciate it if I could get a hold of one!
Reply 873
Original post by :)J
Thank you!! How do you think I can improve the Gender Schema Theory, i feel like I have no IDA's in it?

You can say it ignores the biological approach x
Reply 874
Original post by hhh123
For eating disorders.. The question regarding factors which influence food preference.. Such as mood culture and health concerns.. When evaluating saying it is deterministic is it because it's suggesting we are predetermined or because it's suggesting it's due to our free will :s-smilie:

well it's both, it's deterministic since we eat calorific food but we choose what we eat, eating behaviour is by far my favourite topic!
Reply 875
Original post by alexissocool
Hey, does anyone have any ideas for IDA's to put into explanations for other sleep disorders such as narcolepsy and sleepwalking? I have a real world application but a few IDA's would be helpful. Your help would be much appreciated!

Nature and nurture, you need a genetic vulnerability but environmental triggers x
Reply 876
Original post by :)J
I'm confused regarding evolutionary explanations of gender, my book only talks about the parental investment theory with research supporting it/going against it.
I have another essay I printed off the internet and it talks about:
general theory
explanation of aggression - hunter gatherers, testosterone (beeman)
comparative problems of Beeman
Explanations of sexual differences - parental investment, clark and hatfield, Buss
social desirability problems,
interfering variable of perceived dangers
feminist problems

and then i have an essay plan off the internet that says:

intro
a01 detail into explanations - thompson et al, kuhn et al, bem. Buss
a01/a02 into male gender roles - wilson and Daly, ginsberg and miller
a01/a02 into female gender roles - Hill and Hurtado, Steffan and Eagly
a01/a02 into differences in attitudes to sexual relationships
a02 evaluation

what should go into an essay about evolutionary explanations of gender roles?

I'll email you mine :tongue: you need a variety of theories x

it came up as a 25 marker last june, so it could maybe a 4 + 8 marker this time or maybe just a 4 marker
Please could someone clarify what you'd write for 'nature of sleep' and 'lifespan changes'? Maybe do a rough paragraph outline of each as 24ms? The Nelson Thornes book is so vague and rubbish :frown: Thank you!!
Original post by WrongSideUp
Does anyone have a model essay for explanations of institutional aggression? I'd really appreciate it if I could get a hold of one!

I could post up a plan later on if you like? I'm gonna do this section next :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending