The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Snufkin
I don't get it. :nope:

GOT is a show set a thousand or so years ago in effect.

At any rate, you should be streaming at 3AM on a Monday morning (once it's uploaded to the internet). I myself have not owned a TV since 2011.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Rakas21
GOT is a show set a thousand or so years ago in effect.

At any rate, you should be streaming at 3AM on a Monday morning (once it's uploaded to the internet). I myself have not owned a TV since 2011.

Oh. I'm not very tech savvy, and anyway, I'd rather not watch it on a small laptop screen. I just hope it doesn't take too long to either come out on DVD or be released on Amazon Video.
Original post by Snufkin
Oh. I'm not very tech savvy, and anyway, I'd rather not watch it on a small laptop screen. I just hope it doesn't take too long to either come out on DVD or be released on Amazon Video.

Screen size is not an issue for me, i have a desktop and hence i can eat most laptops for breakfast and defecate on their tiny screens.

But alas, i'll be sure to quote you here in 9 months once you finally watch it. :tongue:
I'm a tech-phobe but even I know how to stream!
Original post by Snufkin

If your laptop has a hdmi port then you could connect it to the tv

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Original post by Snufkin
I only have Freeview so I guess I'll have to wait until it's out on DVD. :frown:

If you want to watch it as it comes out then I recommend getting a subscription to something like Now TV. I got one for free last year (thanks to McDonald's monopoly :biggrin:) and watched all of the episodes on that. It's £7 a month to get so just get it for 3 months and you'll be paying the same amount as you would have done if you'd bought the DVDs. Also, you can watch it on your TV if you have a PS4 etc or you can connect your laptop to your tv via HDMI.

Hope this helps!
Original post by tomtjl
If you want to watch it as it comes out then I recommend getting a subscription to something like Now TV. I got one for free last year (thanks to McDonald's monopoly :biggrin:) and watched all of the episodes on that. It's £7 a month to get so just get it for 3 months and you'll be paying the same amount as you would have done if you'd bought the DVDs. Also, you can watch it on your TV if you have a PS4 etc or you can connect your laptop to your tv via HDMI.

Hope this helps!

Do Amazon Fire or Chromecast have HBO, that may be a cheaper one off way for Snuf to join the modern world of watching primitives battle with Ice and Fire.
Original post by tomtjl

Hope this helps!

Oooh could do that - I have Now TV on my smart TV, but never used it before. Will GoT be on there the same day it is aired on TV?
Original post by Snufkin
Oooh could do that - I have Now TV on my smart TV, but never used it before. Will GoT be on there the same day it is aired on TV?

IIRC they were showing it at the same time as the US last year (2AM GMT) so you could either watch it live, or record it so you could watch it in the morning.
Original post by Rakas21
Do Amazon Fire or Chromecast have HBO, that may be a cheaper one off way for Snuf to join the modern world of watching primitives battle with Ice and Fire.

Absolutely no clue, but I really doubt it. HBO is a subscription service in the US so I don't think you can get it without paying a monthly fee, but I could be wrong.

Original post by Snufkin

Yeah they have them on their at the times they air. I used to watch them on Mondays at 2-3am :tongue:.
Watching again it is incredible how nasty the Bolton's were. That scene where Roose tells Ramsey about his conception encapsulates it perfectly (Ramsey of course would go on to feed the wife to the dogs).
Really pissed off they've decided to release it in summer. Since it's most likely going to be a TV only ending, I'm looking forward to the differences between the book ending and this.
When's the new series out? I thought it was usually in April but I didn't see anything :s-smilie: maybe I just missed it
Original post by CameronHayward
When's the new series out? I thought it was usually in April but I didn't see anything :s-smilie: maybe I just missed it

17 July.
Original post by Vikingninja
17 July.

Ah so late! Not long now though I suppose
Guys, anyone else heard we may not get GoT next year because they haven't even started writing it yet?! 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, anyone else heard we may not get GoT next year because they haven't even started writing it yet?! 😫

Posted from TSR Mobile

They've just overtaken George RR Martin's work so it's a case of either wait for him to finish his final book or run with the story as they see fit.
Original post by Rakas21
Watching again it is incredible how nasty the Bolton's were. That scene where Roose tells Ramsey about his conception encapsulates it perfectly (Ramsey of course would go on to feed the wife to the dogs).

Agreed.

I binged all 6 seasons last week and forgot how good first few seasons were as well.
Seasons 1-4 were consistently good.

Last two seasons were relatively poor with the exception of a few incredible episodes.
Original post by Scienceisgood
Posted from TSR Mobile

That's actually fine by me, I would way rather have them take the time they need to close out the story as well as possible :yep:

Original post by JamesN88
They've just overtaken George RR Martin's work so it's a case of either wait for him to finish his final book or run with the story as they see fit.

I think they've pretty much agreed to carry on at their normal pace, or we'll be waiting until the year 3017 for GRRM to conclude the written series :ahee: From what I remember GRRM has given the showrunners his blessing.

Original post by Rk2k14
Seasons 1-4 were consistently good.

Last two seasons were relatively poor with the exception of a few incredible episodes.

Season five felt like a dip, season 6 was up there with the best seasons imo.

Latest

Trending

Trending