The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

In favour of arsene becoming the england boss.

Pros:
- Would piss off a lot of people
- We get a new manager at arsenal
- He is actually a decent manager, on another level to woy.

Cons:
- wilshire confirmed in the squad for the next decade.

--

Serriously though, woy is a mid-lower level manager.. Wenger is a top4 manager.

People are complaining about him, but he is a clear improvement over woy. No question at all.

Do I think he can lead us to victory? no. We are a long way off actually winning anything..

But I do think he could turn england into a club that actually plays some nice-looking football.. He has the credibility to tell the FA to **** off (after all, he likes complete control over everything), and his domestic tourment performances in the last few years have been strong.

We all know he cant hack it over a season, but in a cup he is not to shabby, 2 FA cups recently..

In this tournement I have no doubt he would have been 100% on top of his best team, topped the group.. beaten iceland, and then probably got dumped out by france... Id give him a 40% chance of beating france, and then maybe a 10% chance of beating itally/germany..

But he certainly would not let a team get humiliated in the way Woy just did.
If brexit is stopping us signing anyone then it should also be driving down wages of our staff and ticket prices
Original post by fallen_acorns
In favour of arsene becoming the england boss.

Pros:
- Would piss off a lot of people
- We get a new manager at arsenal
- He is actually a decent manager, on another level to woy.

Cons:
- wilshire confirmed in the squad for the next decade.

--

Serriously though, woy is a mid-lower level manager.. Wenger is a top4 manager.

People are complaining about him, but he is a clear improvement over woy. No question at all.

Do I think he can lead us to victory? no. We are a long way off actually winning anything..

But I do think he could turn england into a club that actually plays some nice-looking football.. He has the credibility to tell the FA to **** off (after all, he likes complete control over everything), and his domestic tourment performances in the last few years have been strong.

We all know he cant hack it over a season, but in a cup he is not to shabby, 2 FA cups recently..

In this tournement I have no doubt he would have been 100% on top of his best team, topped the group.. beaten iceland, and then probably got dumped out by france... Id give him a 40% chance of beating france, and then maybe a 10% chance of beating itally/germany..

But he certainly would not let a team get humiliated in the way Woy just did.

Mate, we went out in the last 16. That's Wenger's specialty. Our performances were literally no better than Arsenal for the last 10 years. Lots of possession, nice passing, no finishing and no bottle.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Mate, we went out in the last 16. That's Wenger's specialty. Our performances were literally no better than Arsenal for the last 10 years. Lots of possession, nice passing, no finishing and no bottle.

getting to the last 16 of the CL =/= getting to the last 16 of the euros

You dont think wenger could do a better job then woy?

not saying he would win, but surely you would agree that wenger is a level above the current boss
Original post by fallen_acorns
getting to the last 16 of the CL =/= getting to the last 16 of the euros

You dont think wenger could do a better job then woy?

not saying he would win, but surely you would agree that wenger is a level above the current boss

Wenger is no longer an elite manager or has a winning mentality, so no. Guys like Conte and Low would eat him for breakfast on the international stage.

Wenger's integration of an English core of players hardly went well either, and the England job is one of the top 3 demanding jobs in the world, don't understand why he'd put himself in that situation. Like I said on the England thread, next manager should be Laurent Blanc or Mike Bassett.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Wenger is no longer an elite manager or has a winning mentality, so no. Guys like Conte and Low would eat him for breakfast on the international stage.

Wenger's integration of an English core of players hardly went well either, and the England job is one of the top 3 demanding jobs in the world, don't understand why he'd put himself in that situation. Like I said on the England thread, next manager should be Laurent Blanc or Mike Bassett.

Nah, might as well appoint Hope Powell for a laugh. The England team plays like a bunch of cucks, the FA board is a bunch of cucks, might as well become the biggest cuck national team ever by appointing female ethnic minority coach to fix problems created by a senile old white man...
Original post by midnightice
Pretty sure this post-referendum uncertainty and weakening of the pound means no signings to be made by Wenger this summer.

I can just imagine him in September: "Little bit Brexit niggle. Little bit economics degree mental strength."

Why do you think he signed xhaka so soon? And acted quickly on vvvarldy. The man really should be running imf. He's Wasted at this club.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just saw a tweet from Essex Police saying that Claude is missing....
Along with Ozil, Sanchez and Giroud.

Bet they're all found in Zouma's pocket.
I joke btw, hope he's okay. Depression can be awful, hopefully it's a false alarm like last time.
If you're dealing with mental health issues, appearing on AFTV and opening yourself up to internet trolls probably isn't going to help your situation. Should have logged off twitter, sworn off AFTV and concentrated on his family and close friends.
should be a smack in the face to robbie that he should stop exploiting him on aftv tbh, wouldnt put any money on it though similar happened last year.
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
should be a smack in the face to robbie that he should stop exploiting him on aftv tbh, wouldnt put any money on it though similar happened last year.

Swear he said at the end of the season he wasn't going to be on anymore.

Just means more air time for mr netspend

Original post by sevchenko
If you're dealing with mental health issues, appearing on AFTV and opening yourself up to internet trolls probably isn't going to help your situation. Should have logged off twitter, sworn off AFTV and concentrated on his family and close friends.

If you're mentally ill you aren't always able to make a free and informed decision. Robbie is a decent bloke but he needs to stop exploiting him

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
If you're mentally ill you aren't always able to make a free and informed decision. Robbie is a decent bloke but he needs to stop exploiting him

Posted from TSR Mobile

Robbie isn't a decent bloke
Lol @ ******** fans who don't rate Ramsey
Gutted for Ramsey

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you need a free striker Arsene, Robson-Kanu says "Hi!"
Reply 8399
Özil's been unreal today

Hope he doesn't ruin it by taking a penalty 🙄

Latest